Author Topic: Let's all get...angrybecausebosk1lockedthelastoneat99pages!!1! The Funny Thread  (Read 279759 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
 :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
99% of those macros are embarrassingly transparent male wish-fulfillment.
Really?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline GuineaPig

99% of those macros are embarrassingly transparent male wish-fulfillment.
Really?

Well, the evolution of them make it pretty clear.  They're a spin-off of a specific macro, which is basically a guy who is nice to people.  Of course, when people made a version about a woman, it becomes mostly about pleasing men.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member

Didn't someone have a profile pic of this at one point?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
GP's right. The meme is called 'Cool Chick Carol' (i.e. the female Good Guy Greg), but of course every single example of her being 'cool' is just stupid and sexist.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
GP's right. The meme is called 'Cool Chick Carol' (i.e. the female Good Guy Greg), but of course every single example of her being 'cool' is just stupid and sexist.

What's wrong with being sexy?

EDIT:  And since there has been en effort made to point out that "GASP!  You said something sexist!  How DARE you??  That's offensive and not at all funny.", I'll offer the following:

Dogs have very short attention spans and are more concerned with chasing wild animals than most other things.  Offensive.

Soda cans are people.  Just like evil evil corporations.  Offensive

Uses the word retarded.  Offensive.

Taking the Christ out of Christmas.  Offensive.

Not Kevin Moore.  Offensive.

Japanese people are into some crazy shit.  Offensive.

Old people are easily influenced.  Ageism.  Offensive.

Women only like guys with money, guys will fuck anything.  Offensive.

Single people are fat and ugly, that's why they're single.  Offensive.

That's only going back 10-12 pages.  I could go on and on, but I think we all get the point.  Everybody is able to find something offensive, if you look hard enough for a way to be offended.  Political Correctness:  Don't find something funny?  Say it offends you.  Then NOBODY is allowed to find it funny anymore!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:21:55 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline Ħ

First, I thought Good Girl Gina was the Good Guy Greg spinoff.

But regardless, both are funny. The fact is that lots of guys have problems with women that lead them on and manipulate them, so a male wish-fulfillment meme is funny.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
And by the same token, plenty of women suffer the same at the hands of idiot guys, so if the meme played in reverse, it would be just as amusing.  To most people, anyway.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Well this thread turned to complete crap.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

How is that supposed to be funny?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online Adami

Multiple ways.

1. Funny cause it's true.
2. I said the word "crap" thus qualifying it for potty humor.
3. Observational humor.
4. Anti-humor.
5. BECAUSE I GOD DAMN SAID SO!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ħ

Pieces of crap will find you offensive.

Offline Ryzee

He said crap.  Crap is poop.  Poop is always funny.

Edit:  See item #2 above  (haha #2 is also poop)

Online Adami

He said crap.  Crap is poop.  Poop is always funny.

Edit:  See item #2 above  (haha #2 is also poop)

See? Layers upon layers (of poop).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ryzee

He called the shit poop!

Offline Ħ

Yeah, well this guy finds you really offensive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Those jokes can be considered offensive and sexist because they imply a sort of exceptionalism from "normal" women who don't mean what they say or girls who don't give out sex to any nice guy. It's basically saying women would be better if they gave out more sex. That's pretty sexist.

That being said, it's just lowbrow humor. It's not a big deal, just not very funny.

Okay. Now something funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zizSqLiwfA

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
I remember seeing that...still funny! The grey speaker: Fuck dis, i'm out! :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls