Author Topic: matt1722's Top 10 Albums v. Who is this guy . . . And why can't he count to 50?  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
As I already said in various other threads, Devin does absolutely nothing for me, even after trying out Alien, City, Addicted, Ghost and Decon.

However, the rest of your list has been pretty good, so I'll let it slide.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Bridge Across Forever is sex transformed to music. It's a shame I only recently discovered it and that's the only reason it didn't make my list when I made it. Tt would be in the top 10 definitely. Also, Deconstruction is solid, but Devin has two better albums (Ki and Terria) and only the latter should belong in a top 10. It's good, but not that great.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
Bridge Across Forever is sex transformed to music.

Very apt metaphor there, dude.  :tup

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
Devin is awesome of course and I'm in need of checking out that Machine Head album.  :tup

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
Devin is awesome of course and I'm in need of checking out that Machine Head album.  :tup

Do it you will not be disappointed.

Bridge Across Forever is sex transformed to music.

Yes!! this is completely actuate, I'm a little bummed I did not think of this metaphor my self. 

I love everything that Dev has put out and Ki and Terria are god tier albums, but Deconstruction does something amazing for me.

As I already said in various other threads, Devin does absolutely nothing for me, even after trying out Alien, City, Addicted, Ghost and Decon.

Humm it's a shame you have't been able to get into Dev I know that he can be somewhat of an acquired taste, Elite did mention Ki and Terria in his posts like I was just writing about up there ^  maybe give those two a try if you want because they are both very good albums, I've found that it can take a while for Devin to click but once he does it's quite magical.

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
Well let's get this over with, it's been real yo . . . (Acting like a tough guy so I don't cry)   :sadpanda: (being over dramatic . . . I think not)

Anyways all dramatics aside I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has followed the list and put up with whatever bad grammar or spelling that I've shat out upon the forum. Yes yes good I've finally used the term "Shat"

So anyways we've now come to the part of the post where I do stupid things and maybe even post some silly pictures to make you have to scroll down and see my numba one album yo.

Haha if only.

getting closer I think  ::) ::) ::)

Ok no more nonsense.

My Number One Album Is . . .

1. Dream Theater Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory (1999)

Hum a Dream Theater album holding the number one spot of someones top ten list on a Dream Theater forum . . . How undramatic, how cliche, how pretentious? With Metropolis Pt. 2 Dream Theater made a truly, truly remarkable album, they made one of the IMO greatest concept albums of all time and one of and my favorite Progressive Metal album. Everything was absoulutley right with this album, I'm talking about all things including line up and every other variable like that. I recall somebody making a rather funny thread about the dream theater timeline going backwards with When Dream And Day Unite being the newest release other then ADTOE. Well in that hypothetical thread somebody posted that fact that DT would have still had this line up regardless of any other variable with recording, and things like that. That was just a cute little aside but I thought I might add that.

Anyways this is another one of the "I'm sure everyone has heard this one at one time or another even if you don't listen to DT anymore" things so I guess I won't spend to much time on it. This album is put together masterfully, it flows wonderfully and provides the listener with seventy seven minutes and six seconds that they soon won't forget. I can't tell you how much time I've spent on this album, time spent either listening to the album or reading about the album, reading up on the concept and trying to understand the story more and where the band was at this point in time. In all that time I've spent, I don't regret a second of it. I still try and listen to this album at lest once every couple of months, but I remember a time when I listened to this once a month or sometimes more then that. With this album Dream Theater did something truly great and something that most other bands could never dream to do in a lifetime . . . I think highly off this album is what I'm trying to get across here.  :P

Favorite Tracks: Because of the concept and story, all of them.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:38:21 AM by matt1722 »

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
Another exceptional selection and understandable from my point of view as to how you'd have it #1. It is a great album!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
*pretentious

:biggrin:

Nah, good choice I suppose. I didn't even have it in my top 50, but that's mainly because I had other stuff I like even more in mine. I can totally see why somebody would like it this much though, so this is a good #1 pick. Nice list, thanks, with some very good stuff on it :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
*pretentious

I'm sure I have no idea what your talking about.  ;)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
*pretentious

I'm sure I have no idea what your talking about.  ;)

In that case;

*absolutely

:biggrin:  :metal
Squ

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Ok . . . I'll admit it I'm terrible at spelling, I should hire a proof reader, or you know not be lazy and do it my self.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
This album is great, but not even among my Top 3 DT albums. However, I can totally understand how one might rank this album so high, even if I wouldn't do so myself.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun reading your list - our tastes are surprisingly similar.  :tup

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
That is the right choice for number 1
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Made my top 50.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that landing in anyone's top spot.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline senecadawg2

After what I consider to be a shaky top 10 (of course this is just my opinion), you have redeemed yourself. SFAM is a fail proof way to obtain all the ladies, and me.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I'm cool with it, incredible album.

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
This album is great, but not even among my Top 3 DT albums. However, I can totally understand how one might rank this album so high, even if I wouldn't do so myself.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun reading your list - our tastes are surprisingly similar.  :tup

well thank you for reading it Scorpion, glad you had fun reading, I had fun writing it.  ;D

That is the right choice for number 1

:tup I'm glad you approve.

Made my top 50.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that landing in anyone's top spot.

Thank you for reading jingle.boy

After what I consider to be a shaky top 10 (of course this is just my opinion), you have redeemed yourself. SFAM is a fail proof way to obtain all the ladies, and me.

:eyebrows: In all seriousness thanks for reading senecadawg2

I'm cool with it, incredible album.

Thank you lonestar, and thanks for reading.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Trust me to go against the norm, but I actually thought this was a really excellent top 10 that was let down by a slightly dull #1. ;)

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Nice list, my friend.

:tup

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
Trust me to go against the norm, but I actually thought this was a really excellent top 10 that was let down by a slightly dull #1. ;)

Glad I could disappoint you Rich.  ;)

Nice list, my friend.

:tup

Thank you Barry and thanks for reading.  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:32:24 PM by matt1722 »

Offline Ħ

Awesome number 1. Really, it's one of those few albums that deserves a high spot in any list.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I only have 2 of the Top 10! 
Guess which 2!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
Beiber and LuLu???  :P