Author Topic: Thanks again for "The Spirit Carries On" for my dad's wake!  (Read 416 times)

Offline Team Cool 4

Hey everyone,

I say my thanks every year, and that is because when my father passed away in 2005, the "Dream Theater Community" united for my family and I.  I had requested 3 different songs to be edited for my fathers wake, which was this day in 2005, and everyone rocked it within hours.  Not only did I have the opportunity to play 3 Dream Theater songs over the intercom for my Dad's wake, but Styx, Journey, Hammerfall, Led Zeppelin, Queensryche and others played at the wake.  But the Dream Theater community edited some songs for me, and I appreciate that with all my heart.  I don't have records of who you were since the site went down from their original website but thank you all!!!!  You will never know how much it meant, especially because I'm musically edited inclined, haha.

Thanks again,

Froberg

Ohh, and even though I just moved to Kansas City from Chicago, I will represent Dream Theater like no other on the 28th.

Cheers!!!

Offline Team Cool 4

Q
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:11:12 AM »
I forgot to mention, my first concert was the Beach Boys, when I was 6, but my FIRST real concert that I went to was DREAM THEATER in 2003 with Queensyrche which I would have never gone to in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom with my father, literally 3 weeks after having Kidney surgery.  That's how much Dream Theater means to me and I'm sure to a lot of people on here.  My pops knew that.  NOW GAME ON!!!!