Author Topic: 2012-06-17 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY  (Read 16186 times)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

Re: 2012-06-17 - Artpark - Lewiston, NY
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
Fellas who're concerned about the rotating set lists; are you concerned cause you're going to more than one show? or is that you don't like this set list? I can't think of another reason.

Yes, I am seeing DT 3 consecutives days in a row.  if it were spaced out maybe a lack of Variety wouldnt be so bad, but Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
Fellas who're concerned about the rotating set lists; are you concerned cause you're going to more than one show? or is that you don't like this set list? I can't think of another reason.
I am only concerned a bit because I am going to two shows, which are back-to-back, so I really expect to see some rotation (and the two shows are a two hour drive apart). I'm seeing them tomorrow in Columbus and then Thursday in Cleveland.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
I am only concerned a bit because I am going to two shows, which are back-to-back, so I really expect to see some rotation (and the two shows are a two hour drive apart). I'm seeing them tomorrow in Columbus and then Thursday in Cleveland.

Well, most likely you will get the first rotation of the tour! Anyways, happy birthday  :omg:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »

Make sure to chime in with the Columbus setlist! I'm dying to know if they are gonna rotate, and when it will start (Columbus or Cleveland).

I don't know if I would be happy or sad to not get Set A. Depends how good Set B is, and what songs are rotated.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
Very interesting hearing the pre-recorded backup vocals on LNF. 

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 03:48:03 PM »

Well, most likely you will get the first rotation of the tour! Anyways, happy birthday  :omg:
As soon as I get back home from the show tomorrow (about a 40 min drive from Columbus), I will make sure to post the setlist in the appropriate thread. So people can expect it to be posted definitely before midnight.
That's what I'm hoping for, and thank you very much! :)

Offline zipporaid

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »

I think people are mostly concerned about Robert Trujillo showing up and making a guest appearance.

I'd rather it were him than any of the other scumbags in metallica... ST for life  :metal

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »

I'm concerned because they are playing a few of the same songs they played in Chicago the last time through.  I was bummed because I didnt get to hear Beneath the Surface and Outcry which are two of my favs from the album.  At the same time I am stoked to hear LNF, Bridges is always a great song, I have never got to hear ROAE, BAI is a great song even though I'd rather hear something in its place since they played it last time in Chicago, 6:00 rules, the Six Degrees songs are underwhelming though and....thats it

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
All that makes sense, I'm going to two back to back shows with a long drive myself.

I think people are mostly concerned about Robert Trujillo showing up and making a guest appearance.

Trujillo wouldn't survive Mangini but I'd like to see him try!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:41:52 PM by Progmetty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Breaking All Illusions

• "The rebel in us all, someday gets tired of being pushed around"
  • "This is the life we belong to, our gift divine"
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:33 PM »
I saw this one. I also saw them in Rochester on the 15th. I loved both shows. Rochester was by 4th time seeing them and Artpark was my 5th seeing them.  Just incase anyone doubts Mangini, don't, you will be blown away when you see him.
"And at last the time has come to unite again as one, to the power of the earth I'm calling, crossing bridges in the sky, on a journey to renew my life. Shaman take my hand" John Petrucci(Dream Theater,Bridges In The  Sky, A Dramatic Turn Of Events, 2011)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »

I'm concerned because they are playing a few of the same songs they played in Chicago the last time through.  I was bummed because I didnt get to hear Beneath the Surface and Outcry which are two of my favs from the album.  At the same time I am stoked to hear LNF, Bridges is always a great song, I have never got to hear ROAE, BAI is a great song even though I'd rather hear something in its place since they played it last time in Chicago, 6:00 rules, the Six Degrees songs are underwhelming though and....thats it
Looks like they're playing all of 3 songs that they played in Chicago last time.  :yeahright
That's not bad, man.

But I would be bummed for missing out on Outcry, that's for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
I'm not concerned about the setlist as I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm also not catching multiple shows with them anymore because of it.  Not interested in the expenditure of seeing the exact same show over consecutive nights.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »

Looks like they're playing all of 3 songs that they played in Chicago last time.  :yeahright
That's not bad, man.

But I would be bummed for missing out on Outcry, that's for sure.

Well there is one or two more.  On the Back of Angels but I'm not angered to the point of obsessing.  I am also not trying to defend MP here because I have been as critical as anybody and am perfectly happy with the current lineup for years to come, but one great thing was that he tried to make sure there weren't many repeats from city to city.  That policy also left a lot of people disappointed because they had to reason that had they drove X amount of miles more they would have gotten a better setlist. 

I just wish, this being a new leg of the tour and them playing in the same city, that they would switch it up a bit more ESPECIALLY considering their catalog is so huge. 

That being said, I am still quite happy with this setlist, the lineup, the stage show, the album, etc. etc. etc.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 09:44:47 PM »
I get wanting to hear other great songs you like, but I am always amused when someone complains, "I saw that song the last time," in reference to something like Learning to Live, as if it is a tragedy to see a song that great more than once live. :lol

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
I'm disappointed that I won't get to see BTS or Outcry, but the Chicago show will be my first DT show. Everything will be new! I might as well also be disappointed that I'll never see ACOS, 8vm, etc.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »
Woah woah woah! Did JLB record some new backing vocals for WIMH (by that I mean, replacing MP's vocals).

Around 52 seconds in that video, the backing vocals sound totally different than on the studio version ("waging the war inside my head").

If that was JP, that was an awesome vocal moment for him, because the rasp at the end sounded just like James.

Yeah, I think so.  Right before the chorus, he goes over to the mic.  Plus, if you keep watching, he is actually in frame on parts of the second chorus and you can see him singing it.  (plus, it sounds like him)

i really don't think that's JP. i saw him walk up to the mic, but maybe he's mimicking the lines the same way lifeson does in subdivisions. that "heeeeeeeeead" sounds just like JLB.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
^ Agreed, there is just no way JP did that.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
Yeah! I laughed quite hard when he stuck out his tongue  :rollin Loved all those eye contacts with the camera, also, that's a veeery rare happening when it comes to bootlegs!

You might not believe me, but he made that face directly at me since I was making a crazy face at him. I'm super stoked to see it made it into this video!

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »

I was there, and JP walked up to the mic and delivered those backup vocals. He has improved drastically in that department.

Offline phentalmyst

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »
please re-read my post. it doesn't matter how good he's gotten, he's not going to sound like labrie.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
Woah woah woah! Did JLB record some new backing vocals for WIMH (by that I mean, replacing MP's vocals).

Around 52 seconds in that video, the backing vocals sound totally different than on the studio version ("waging the war inside my head").

If that was JP, that was an awesome vocal moment for him, because the rasp at the end sounded just like James.

Yeah, I think so.  Right before the chorus, he goes over to the mic.  Plus, if you keep watching, he is actually in frame on parts of the second chorus and you can see him singing it.  (plus, it sounds like him)

i really don't think that's JP. i saw him walk up to the mic, but maybe he's mimicking the lines the same way lifeson does in subdivisions. that "heeeeeeeeead" sounds just like JLB.

Okay.  Well, who am I to argue.  You guys obiously have insight into JP's singing ability that goes far beyond what is proven by video and people's own ears.  Keep fighting the good fight.   :tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 08:43:23 AM »
Hey hey, no need for that. Just putting my opinion forward. I'm honestly sure it was JP, but it certainly does not sound like him. It will be quite easy to tell once more vids of WIMH surface.

I just can't believe how much better his backing vocals are now than they used to be.

EDIT: I'll be completely honest, I just remembered they were doing the WIMH/TTTSTA combo in Asia. I'll watch some videos.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:54:35 AM by Shadow2222 »

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
He did it at the Columbus show last night.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
Glad to be proven wrong. Simply means he is getting pretty good!  :tup

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »
Glad to be proven wrong. Simply means he is getting pretty good!  :tup

I'm not surprised. John Petrucci is well known for his fast-learning skills:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUN3yenlCGE
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco