Author Topic: This video is for AndyDT  (Read 2076 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
This video is for AndyDT
« on: June 17, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
I am currently in London, and yesterday I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen in 9 years or so. Well, she plays in a brass band and she invited me to a concert. I thought it was going to be rather lame, but once they got the choir out, they started singing this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/w9rCe78aMci0D08vrxTKZm-yVqLerj-pc3n2ue-SFKA?feat=directlink

As much flak as I hand out on this board about good ol' Britannia, I have to say that whole evening was thoroughly enjoyable, because you're surrounded by people who are celebrating something they are proud of. Definitely not something you get treated to every day.

BTW, poor woman halfway into the song. She faints and almost falls into the brass section. Like true Brits they carried on as if nothing happened though :lol

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
Re: This video is for AndyDT
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:18:36 AM »
I must have watched the 1:00 - 1:30 part about 5 or 6 times looking for someone to fall "halfway into the song"... That was cruel!

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »
Yes, "halfway through" might not have been the best description :lol It happens around the 2:00 mark.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
That's classic. The flags are everywhere because of the Queen's diamond jubilee and the Olympics.