Author Topic: The P/R-side Chat Thread v.2  (Read 333620 times)

Offline Nigerius Rex

• Thats Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick
Re: The P/R-side Chat Thread v.2
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »
Feel free to report it to a moderator, but I personally don't classify breasts as explicit nudity especially now that it is tagged with my equivalent of an NSFW sign.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 08:10:47 PM by Nigerius Rex »

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »
but I personally don't classify breasts as explicit nudity especially now that it is tagged with my equivalent of an NSFW sign.
That's cool. But there are rules here that aren't blend freely to your appeal.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »
Feel free to report it to a moderator, but I personally don't classify breasts as explicit nudity especially now that it is tagged with my equivalent of an NSFW sign.

You should listen to em...he's a sharp kid.

Refer to rule #1.  Like it or not, agree with the US's phobia of the human body or not, exposed breasts count.  I can see where you're coming from, so no warning or anything, but please keep this in mind.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Nigerius Rex

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »

No I meant that as per #1 if its tagged as nsfw and not explicit which I dont think breasts are, that it was ok. But as per the rules its up to the mod.

and millahh you removed both the clip with the nudity and the youtube video, but the youtube video didnt have any nudity.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2009, 08:45:52 PM »

No I meant that as per #1 if its tagged as nsfw and not explicit which I dont think breasts are, that it was ok. But as per the rules its up to the mod.

and millahh you removed both the clip with the nudity and the youtube video, but the youtube video didnt have any nudity.

I only removed the first one.  Nick, in a true display of fail, removed the second.  Go ahead & repost the non-nipple one.

As a rule of thumb, nipples = no-no.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
Yeah, my bad. :lol

Got the report, saw the argument with you and Em on the page and figured that was the offending link, prior to turning the page and seeing Millahh's post.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Nigerius Rex

« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:41 AM »
lol Nickfail

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nigerius Rex

« Reply #219 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2009, 02:31:06 AM »

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »
:lol

Offline Disappear

• It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »
Oh dear.
"Not by wrath does one kill but by laughter."

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:19:18 PM by emindead »

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: July 17, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »
Yeah.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #226 on: July 17, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
He seems half insane (not necessarily wrong), and in the end he's laying most of the blame upon the Corporate entity Goldman Sachs for having a silent coup in the American government. What charges he brings against the government are becuase of this take over, not against government qua government.

I'm all for limiting the power of businesses.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: July 17, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
I'm all for businesses being the furthest away possible from politics and government and vice-versa.

Offline Scheavo

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »
*Sigh*
He's an ass-hole.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
And dumb.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2009, 05:25:01 PM »
He's not necessarily wrong, but he didn't offered a real answer or counterargument to why the caller was wrong. He just let himself drive by emotion. You can notice hos he's really new at Libertarianism. He knows the caller is wrong but he didn't had the patience, serenity nor the sufficient wisdom to give a rational answer. That's why he achieved the ass-hole position that easily.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »
He's not necessarily wrong, but he didn't offered a real answer or counterargument to why the caller was wrong. He just let himself drive by emotion. You can notice hos he's really new at Libertarianism. He knows the caller is wrong but he didn't had the patience, serenity nor the sufficient wisdom to give a rational answer. That's why he achieved the ass-hole position that easily.

I would say you described pretty well what I would call "dumb." You can be dumb and "right," what makes someone intelligent is the reasons for their beliefs not the beliefs themselves.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
I agree. But he's an ass.

Offline Disappear

« Reply #234 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/15/caller-reduces-glenn-beck_n_233846.html

3:30 is classic. As emindead says, at least give some rational thought into your rebuttals against France/UK-style health administration if you honestly care that much.

Getting UHC passed here will be easier if we can paint this guy as one of its most vocal opponents.

Offline Jobe

• Market Connoisseur
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2009, 10:19:48 AM »
<br />While I agree in general, there are a couple of big differences.  Targeted marketing is a far cry from the suspension of Habeas Corpus.   Private companies don\'t generally toss people into unmarked Gulfstreams and send them off to Jackfuckistan to be \"questioned.\" 

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2009, 12:56:12 PM »
https://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/238643/july-15-2009/douglas-rushkoff

https://jim.com/econ/chap03p1.html

The audience all getting cancer would NOT help the economy.

I like where he's going with the gold standard though.

The guy seems to split the difference between Liberals and Libertarians on this board.

And I think his poin about cancer was pretty much yours. Immediately speaking, the economy would probably get a good boost from people getting cancer. Any savings people have are going to start going away, and more money is going to be spent. It will appear good on the stock market and investors will think something good is coming. It's attacking the current business evaluation in our country; that is, it's trying to re-evaulating what makes something good for the economy. Right now, it's pure and simply measured by profits.

Offline Jobe

• Market Connoisseur
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »
If you want to ask Ron Paul a question, call free talk live NOW. He's on for another hour.

https://freetalklive.com/

EDIT: That part is over.  Though still check FTL out, I recommend it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:40:21 PM by Jobe »
<br />While I agree in general, there are a couple of big differences.  Targeted marketing is a far cry from the suspension of Habeas Corpus.   Private companies don\'t generally toss people into unmarked Gulfstreams and send them off to Jackfuckistan to be \"questioned.\" 

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »
Thanks!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
Hey Em.  Didn't want to bring this up in the Apollo thread in the GD board, but can you recognize that there are things that can improve humanity that the private sector won't do on it's own?  Somethings should transcend profit margins.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jobe

• Market Connoisseur
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »
Hey Em.  Didn't want to bring this up in the Apollo thread in the GD board, but can you recognize that there are things that can improve humanity that the private sector won't do on it's own?  Somethings should transcend profit margins.

Where you watching that interview with the aaaaaaaaaastronaut last night?

BTW, private space flight is fast surpassing NASA crap.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »

Where you watching that interview with the aaaaaaaaaastronaut last night?

BTW, private space flight is fast surpassing NASA crap.
Don't have TV, so no on the interview.

As for NASA vs. everybody else?  Irrelevant.  Not the question I asked. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Jobe

• Market Connoisseur
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2009, 09:03:37 PM »
I was in a McD when it was on... really bad channel, had some dumbass saying, "and that's why I really hate the libertarian party," talking about healthcare, right after he totalllllly misrepresented libertarian views.

Anyway, not everything is driven by profits, like... charities! Which include scientific endeavors, or things done for pure knowledge or truth! Seriously, open your eyes man, many, many unprofitable things are done right now in the private sector.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »
I don't know. Sometimes we say we advance too fast, sometimes we say we're moving too slow. We never seem to know why. We sometimes think that the greater good is the option, and we must pursuit quickly and at all costs. I happen not to agree with. I've quoted this before, but I never get tired of repeating what Mary Shelley wrote:

A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind, and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquillity. I do not think that the pursuit of knowledge is an exception to this rule. If the study to which you apply yourself has a tendency to weaken your affections, and to destroy your taste for those simple pleasures in which no alloy can possibly mix, then that study is certainly unlawful, that is to say, not befitting the human mind. If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquillity of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved; Caesar would have spared his country; America would have been discovered more gradually; and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed.

Offline Disappear