Author Topic: Nuwaubian movement v. crazy cult  (Read 4338 times)

Offline adace

Nuwaubian movement v. crazy cult
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubian_Nation
 Out of all the crazy cults, I think this one takes the cake. Here are some of their most lol-worthy "beliefs." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuwaubian_Nation

1. "The Pyramids of Egypt are, among other things, electromagnetic antennas that create standing columnar waves of tachyon energy to prevent the wobbling of the Earth." Right, so the ancient Egyptians violated Einstein's theory of relativity millenia before he even discovered it.

2. "The Earth is hollow and contains cities populated by different species of people, such as the Deros, the Teros, the Flugelrods, the Duwanis, the Dunakial, and the Anunnaqi. The legends of the Sumerians, Ancient Egyptians, Aztecs, Olmecs, Mayans, Hopi, and Hindus speak of these things (for instance, the story of the river Styx). Many of the chambers of the Egyptian pyramids lead to this subterranean world." All I can say roflmao.

3. "Some aborted fetuses survive their abortion to live in the sewers, where they are being gathered and organized to take over the world." I can just imagine some right-wing Christian crackpots making a low-budget horror film about this.

4. "Homo sapiens is the result of cloning experiments that were done on Mars using Homo erectus." Right, so we probably came to Earth in pods or through the magical teleportation powers of our alien creators. Well, that's a pretty interesting variant/corruption of Darwin's theory.

5. “[P]eople like the Pope, and Queen of England and various political leaders of various countries and some members of the clergy gather at the major Sabbats to invoke the malevolent one. On each of these occasions a Nubian man is sacrificed.” Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:44:20 AM by adace »

Offline jsem

Re: Nuwaubian movement v. crazy cult
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:17:05 AM »
:letam: :2metal: :metal

GENERALS GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES... DUN DUN DUN
JUST LIKE WITCHES AT BLACK MASSES

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 04:25:20 AM »
I am particularly fond of Koreshanity (not the David Koresh people) who believed Earth was a concave sphere and we're in fact living on the inside. They actually conducted experiments on a beach in Florida to prove the negative curvature of Earth. Since it was a religion, the facts were made to fit with the belief, and (to them) they proved their premise.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Odysseus

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:46:44 AM »
Humankind's seemingly bottomless capacity for ignorant wonder never fails to amaze yet disappoint me...

Offline Vivace

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 04:21:13 AM »
I am particularly fond of Koreshanity (not the David Koresh people) who believed Earth was a concave sphere and we're in fact living on the inside. They actually conducted experiments on a beach in Florida to prove the negative curvature of Earth. Since he is a human being, the facts were made to fit with his convictions, and (to them) they proved their premise.

rumborak

fixed because religion doesn't work the way you obviously think it does.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 06:30:46 AM »
I am particularly fond of Koreshanity (not the David Koresh people) who believed Earth was a concave sphere and we're in fact living on the inside. They actually conducted experiments on a beach in Florida to prove the negative curvature of Earth. Since he is a human being, the facts were made to fit with his convictions, and (to them) they proved their premise.

rumborak

fixed because religion doesn't work the way you obviously think it does.

?

I don't know what's so incorrect about what Rumborak said.  A third of Americans don't believe in evolution.  Clearly their religion creates a framework for their other beliefs.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:17 AM »
He was kidding.