Author Topic: Top 50 Albums Tracker v2 - chat only (OP has been archived)  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
Re: Re: DTF Top 50 Albums Tracker Thread v2
« Reply #385 on: July 16, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »
Insomnium and Soup, probably a few others but these are the first ones that came into my mind
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2022, 02:27:15 PM »
No promises I'll follow through, but inspired by the top ten album thing going on, I just hammered out a list of top 50 albums since I did my last one. It excludes any artist listed in the first, and is limited to one album per artist. Seeing as I'm staring down the barrel of 9 days off, it's looking good that I can get the bulk written and ready to go.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2022, 02:30:19 PM »
No promises I'll follow through, but inspired by the top ten album thing going on, I just hammered out a list of top 50 albums since I did my last one. It excludes any artist listed in the first

So this is your Top 51-100?  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #388 on: November 18, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »
Whatever he wants to call it, I’m fucking following.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2022, 03:39:33 PM »
No promises I'll follow through, but inspired by the top ten album thing going on, I just hammered out a list of top 50 albums since I did my last one. It excludes any artist listed in the first

So this is your Top 51-100?  ;D

If I combined the two, and kept it to one album per artist, I'd say at least half of the new list would be in the top 50, and I'd gather 5-10 albums would be in the top 20.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2022, 04:35:26 PM »
I'll follow. 

I'd be fun to do my own at some point since I have a lot of unusual choices for DTF, and the selection was mostly done when we had that top 100 collage a few months ago.  Too much time needed and too many other things on my plate to do writeups currently though. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2022, 09:35:57 PM »
Fuck it, I'm on vacation. Thread is started. Hopefully I can bang out 15 or so before going back to work, then I'll tackle one a day till it's done.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2022, 09:56:15 PM »
I did a trial run creating a top 50 albums list, and I'm reasonably happy with the first draft of it.  You can put me on the "will do in the future" list.  I might chip away at it here and there ahead of time on my own so it's not such a behemoth to do at once.  And then maybe I might think about starting it once the Katatonia discography runthrough is done probably in January, since year-end and holiday stuff will be over, and it'll be mainly roulettes occupying my time here. 

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2022, 11:28:22 PM »
I did a trial run creating a top 50 albums list, and I'm reasonably happy with the first draft of it.  You can put me on the "will do in the future" list.  I might chip away at it here and there ahead of time on my own so it's not such a behemoth to do at once.  And then maybe I might think about starting it once the Katatonia discography runthrough is done probably in January, since year-end and holiday stuff will be over, and it'll be mainly roulettes occupying my time here.

:corn

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #394 on: November 19, 2022, 10:59:00 AM »
It's been so long since the last time and my tastes have kind of settled down a bit, so what the hell, I want to make another one of these.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #395 on: November 19, 2022, 11:26:02 AM »
Good to see I piqued interest, this thing has been dead for quite some time.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: November 19, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »
It’s been 10 years since my list, and buying/saving 50+ albums per year ought to give me a good inventory to draw from. Might fire up one of these in the new year myself.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 05:27:26 AM by jingle.boy »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #397 on: November 19, 2022, 06:20:18 PM »
This is fascinating how all of a sudden a wave of creativity has washed over the forum.  Luke restarting his roulette, now three others on the waiting list, Lethean and I doing a Katatonia discography runthrough (and it looks like several others may have been revived as well), Soundscape and Reaper doing a songs of the year collective project, a new top 50 album thread, at least three others in the works.  Probably some other things I'm overlooking. 

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: November 20, 2022, 08:29:39 AM »
Honestly I'd love to do a v2.0 list myself. I feel like I've listened to so much new music, I also started using RYM so I have a lot of my rankings tracked to help make things easier. Sign me up!

Offline 425

« Reply #399 on: November 20, 2022, 09:48:57 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of doing one soon myself. I'm planning to finalize the list after I finish my roulette. I thought I would be able to just jump in and go, but seeing how high the demand is, I think I'd better go ahead and get in line!
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #400 on: November 20, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »
I actually put together a top 50 back in 2017 with the intention of starting one of these, but then discovered roulettes and never got around to it.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #401 on: November 20, 2022, 12:01:41 PM »
I actually put together a top 50 back in 2017 with the intention of starting one of these, but then discovered roulettes and never got around to it.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #402 on: November 20, 2022, 12:13:06 PM »
I did the reverse, so will I be the combo breaker?  But then, I did a top 100 collage a few months ago, so how how does that fit in?   :justjen

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: November 28, 2022, 08:32:40 AM »
I'm making some progress.  I should have started a couple of months ago though as work will get busy soon but determined to try and do it.

I guess work got busy for you!!  haha

So, since I floated the idea of doing another Top 50, I recall mentioning last year around this time that I'd consider doing a Top 50 Concept Albums.  Well, I did my listening, and made the list last year, but never got around to doing the writeups.  I figure if I try to pound out 1-2 a day, then I should have a good head start to fire it up towards the end of the year, or starting off in January.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: December 10, 2022, 10:52:05 AM »
I think I've finally managed to piece together a top 50, with some honorable mentions. Can I start my thread? ;D

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #405 on: December 14, 2022, 08:00:02 AM »
I think I've finally managed to piece together a top 50, with some honorable mentions. Can I start my thread? ;D

Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: December 14, 2022, 09:39:16 AM »
Is there a way to update the OP? I'll be following Sacul but I'd also like to do another list, but I think Jingle's list (and maybe TAC, I'm sorry if I'm forgetting) are ahead of me.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: December 14, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »

It's up!