Author Topic: Train of Thought just kicked by butt . . .  (Read 8803 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Re: Train of Thought just kicked by butt . . .
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 04:22:33 AM »
 ???
What is this I don't even
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
Heavy ass production, heavy ass music.

Dat bass guitar.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
The Glass Prison popped my DT cherry.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »
I love how everyone complained about the bass when ToT came out, yet, I find the album has the most audible bass on a DT album since I&W.

Offline Cable

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
I love how everyone complained about the bass when ToT came out, yet, I find the album has the most audible bass on a DT album since I&W.

Agreed. Although I do not remember much complaints about bass mix, but the mix overall.

---

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2012, 01:32:58 AM »
The Glass prison didn't fail at anything.
It's just not a good song (I know I'm in the minority, perhaps even alone). Sorry, but I don't like it. It sounds good, but as a song it's really boring IMO. The vocal melody is what drags it down the most. Also it's a bit too long, it doesn't have enough interesting stuff to keep me interested for 14 minutes. Bottom 10 DT song for me, and I rarely listen to it unless I'm doing the whole album. Better than Constant Motion at least, which is a complete disaster. Train Of Thought on the other hand I like very much as a whole, the only song which isn't that good is Endless Sacrifice.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »
That is so shocking to me.  I don't want to mock you for your opinion or anything, but I honestly thought TGP was in the pantheon.

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:34 AM »
It obviously seems weird to me to see people dislike The Glass Prison, but it's just as weird to see people express dislike for This Dying Soul, In The Presence Of Enemies, The Count Of Tuscany, In The Name Of God, or any of the great DT songs I like, but people do that all the time, so someone expressing dislike for The Glass Prison is really no different than that.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:43 AM »
I feel the same way whenever I see people expressing hate for PoW, SDV or TMoLS, so I understand your point. However, the difference is that TGP seems to be far more loved than all these tunes, so there, a) more people are being irked about it, and b) it is a rarer occasion, therefore something that people pay more attention too. I have, sadly, become accustomed to the PoW haters, but that someone disliking TGP appears is far rarer.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline nicmos

• Having said that...
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 05:33:46 AM »
The Glass prison didn't fail at anything.
Also it's a bit too long, it doesn't have enough interesting stuff to keep me interested for 14 minutes.

This.

TGP is good, but you need to take out about half of the section between the 10 and 13-minute marks.  Then it would be better.  ooh, that should have gone in the "top ten except for _____" thread.  you get the point.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 07:37:23 AM »
The Glass Prison is a great song, but I feel the three parts are a bit disjointed, almost like three songs artificially glued together. Sure they have recurring themes that link them together but the transition between the parts could have been done better.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
Actually I find this album to be a masterpiece and I'm tired of people ripping into James' voice, I think it's perfect for this band and it's clear he has some live performances that are much better than others. I was watching Live @ Budokan with some people the other day and I couldn't even make it through one song without someone making a smartass comment about James' voice...  >:(