Author Topic: Boxing Is Fixed. It mind as well hire Vince McMahon  (Read 10601 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Boxing Is Fixed. It mind as well hire Vince McMahon
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
Watched it on my brand new 52 inch LED Sharp Aquos. Awesome TV!
Anyhow. I agree the announcers were extremely bias towards Pac, as you said, Barto. Bradley wasn't as bad as I thought, but he clearly lost. Any referee not on the take would not score for Bradley. In my humble opinion.
Did you watch it with the audio off, as I suggested?  Better still, did you score the fight?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
Watched it on my brand new 52 inch LED Sharp Aquos. Awesome TV!
Anyhow. I agree the announcers were extremely bias towards Pac, as you said, Barto. Bradley wasn't as bad as I thought, but he clearly lost. Any referee not on the take would not score for Bradley. In my humble opinion.
Did you watch it with the audio off, as I suggested?  Better still, did you score the fight?
No, and no.  I was quite buzzed as well. :biggrin:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2015, 01:30:44 AM »
Don't know if we have any boxing thread. Just saw the Mayweather vs Ortiz Knockout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfHuAVig9g

Don't know anything about boxing but Mayweather seems like a total ass.

"I which I was 50 years and i'd kick your ass"
 :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »
Did you watch the Pac vs Mayweather fight?

I wish I did so I could form my own opinion of it, but apparently a lot of people wanted a fight, but they got Floyd being floyd.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
I don't know how much you can believe but based on what you read and Manny's punch count being down hundreds on his normal activity ,it seems he wasn't in great shape with his right shoulder which is a shame.   Someone needs to shut Floyd up but it looks like he's home and hosed for his 49th after dropping his belts and the need to face a mandated challenger.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:11:15 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »
I feel that something is terribly wrong with society when someone can make upwards of $200million just for fighting someone.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:53 AM »
Did you watch the Pac vs Mayweather fight?

I wish I did so I could form my own opinion of it, but apparently a lot of people wanted a fight, but they got Floyd being floyd.

That is exactly what happened. Manny wasn't at his best because of the shoulder injury and Floyd just ran. If the match had been anywhere else but Las Vegas Manny would probably have gotten the win but we all know Floyd won't risk losing.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2015, 09:25:01 AM »
I thought this thread was made today where I applaud the title.  Didn't see that this thread was made three years ago.  That is all for me as I didn't watch the fight (I watched a few streamers on Twitch instead) so I'm not going to dabble in the conversation regarding the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight without watching it later (though I'm probably not going to see it since from the looks of things, the actual fight wasn't that interesting).

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:51 AM »
It also surprises me that no one wants to say anything about Mayweathers multiple arrests and convictions for domestic abuse against woman. His supporters I guess sweep that under the rug? The same celebs who support him seem to be  the same celebs who do commercials against domestic violence abuse. Nice.
That alone makes me want to see him beaten every time he steps in the ring.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2015, 10:41:02 AM »
He has supporters? I haven't seen any commentary other than hopes that he gets the shit beat out of him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »
The only supporter I saw on my Facebook feed is the typical frontrunner who also supports the Yankees, Cowboys, and Man U.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2015, 11:00:46 AM »
The only supporter I saw on my Facebook feed is the typical frontrunner who also supports the Yankees, Cowboys, and Man U.

Ouch. Please do not lump the Yankees in with this.... athlete.  :lol

Personally, I'd like to see Sly pick him (mayweather) up and break him over his knee.  Sly may not be able to catch him though.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
Mayweather vs Ivan Drago would be nice.......although he may not catch Mayweather either.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2015, 11:10:19 AM »
He has supporters? I haven't seen any commentary other than hopes that he gets the shit beat out of him.
Stephen A. Smith from ESPN loves the guy and kept talking crap about how great he is.

Mayweather is a great fighter, not so much a great guy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
It also surprises me that no one wants to say anything about Mayweathers multiple arrests and convictions for domestic abuse against woman. His supporters I guess sweep that under the rug? The same celebs who support him seem to be  the same celebs who do commercials against domestic violence abuse. Nice.

Too true.

I had no interest in this fight.

Two female reporters, Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle, who have been openly critical of Mayweather being an abuser of women, were both banned from attending the fight by the Mayweather camp.  Yet it is barely getting mentioned.  Pathetic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »

Too true.

I had no interest in this fight.

Two female reporters, Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle, who have been openly critical of Mayweather being an abuser of women, were both banned from attending the fight by the Mayweather camp.  Yet it is barely getting mentioned.  Pathetic.

I heard all week leading up to the match about Mayweather's criminal history.  It didnt go uncovered, just didnt stop the fight from happening and you didnt see the celebrity outcry.  Probably because this fight was an elitist thing anyway it seems with all the money.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
Have to agree on that. Most of the coverage I saw on the fight was critical of Mayweather, and some of it was critical of Pacquiao, too. Much of the rest just commented on the overall sad state of affairs of boxing. I didn't see a lot of optimism or positivity regarding the fight. It was an event riding on the coattails of what people wanted years ago, cynicism aplenty.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2015, 12:21:52 PM »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 12:28:21 PM »
They were trying to sell this fight as one of the most important matches in the history of the sport and the biggest since Ali, Frasier.
That is comical because to the non boxing fan this was a non important event, no matter what load of crap they were selling.
I am a big boxing fan and I know this was nothing more than two big name fighters fighting for a colossal paycheck well past their primes.
This was most certainly not the most interesting fight on the horizon if you follow the sport.
Pac was certainly not the most dangerous opponent for Floyd to fight. Genady Golovkin would beat the snot out of Mayweather at this point in his career but their is no way Floyd would fight him at this stage. He will take a safe final fight and ride off into the sunset undefeated.
That's not to discredit him, its just the truth
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:40:50 PM by Tick »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2015, 12:40:05 PM »

I guess it was the outlets promoting this like HBO and Showtime that just don't go there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 04:05:16 PM »
I meant that the banning of two female reporters, who have been openly critical of Mayweather, from the fight has gone virtually uncovered.  If it wasn't for twitter, I wouldn't have even known it happened.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »
I meant that the banning of two female reporters, who have been openly critical of Mayweather, from the fight has gone virtually uncovered.  If it wasn't for twitter, I wouldn't have even known it happened.

Yea, if it wasnt for your post I wouldnt of known about it.  I find that interesting because you'd think of all outlets, ESPN would be all over that.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »
That's the new world we live in, though. I had heard about it and wasn't really following the event.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »
Stephen A. Smith from ESPN loves the guy and kept talking crap about how great he is.

From what little I've seen of Stephen A. Smith he seems like a self-important race baiting contrarian douche who probably should've been fired ten times over. I'm not surprised to hear he supported Mayweather.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »

Yea, if it wasnt for your post I wouldnt of known about it.  I find that interesting because you'd think of all outlets, ESPN would be all over that.
It showed up at least once on my desktop news feeds the day of the fight, so it was covered.
E.F. Benson

Offline gabeh1018

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
maybe Mayweather would have been more inclined to throw a punch had his opponent been wearing a wig ;)