News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

The official DTF "drunk" thread

Started by sirbradford117, April 30, 2009, 10:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramx3

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 22, 2022, 09:10:00 PM
I'm not sure if the same is on me, or on everyone else!   :lol :lol  holy fcknards.... a sentence without typso!!!  fuck... jinxed myself.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

I must say when I just opened this thread, I did not expect to see this from Jingle  :lol fantastic, hope the water did the trick and he's not in bed today.

jingle.boy

Quote from: cramx3 on December 23, 2022, 12:44:01 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on December 22, 2022, 09:10:00 PM
I'm not sure if the same is on me, or on everyone else!   :lol :lol  holy fcknards.... a sentence without typso!!!  fuck... jinxed myself.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

I must say when I just opened this thread, I did not expect to see this from Jingle  :lol fantastic, hope the water did the trick and he's not in bed today.

Between a B- hangover, A+ caffeine withdrawal headache, and an A+++ blizzard that has knocked out the power here 4 times for about a total of 5 hours, I spent most of the day in bed.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

cramx3

ReaperKK

That does indeed sound miserable, did you give up coffee?

jingle.boy

Quote from: ReaperKK on December 23, 2022, 01:01:58 PM

Not at all!  I do cut my coffee with decaf, about 60/40.  I'll have a couple cups in the morning (cut with decaf), and a couple in the afternoon.  But yesterday, I didn't have any in the afternoon cuz jingle.son and I went to see Avatar.  Then the hangover had me a little queazy, and I couldn't stomach much.  So by 11am, it felt like someone had a drill into the left side of my forehead.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Hellholming

a few beers... 0,5 litres of whisky... gonna go to bed soon. :D thank god I don't do this every day...

ReaperKK

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 23, 2022, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: ReaperKK on December 23, 2022, 01:01:58 PM

Not at all!  I do cut my coffee with decaf, about 60/40.  I'll have a couple cups in the morning (cut with decaf), and a couple in the afternoon.  But yesterday, I didn't have any in the afternoon cuz jingle.son and I went to see Avatar.  Then the hangover had me a little queazy, and I couldn't stomach much.  So by 11am, it felt like someone had a drill into the left side of my forehead.

As hungover as I've been I've always been able to drink coffee, however most of my friends are the opposite.

In. Popped a jazz gummy and having some scotch myself.

bout to crash

Aw shit page 69 :eyebrows:
Had some beers out and now gonna have more that I'm home.

jingle.boy

Well shit... my scothc is empty, and i'm not sure I want to pour another.  It is kinda late.  I should drink some water, cuz i gotta get up early . Tomorowo is an off day, but I gotta swap it for Tuesday - long story... but because of COVID, we had to postpone my get together with my mother to Tuesday.  So , I gotta work a bit tomorrow despite it being the 'adya off' for New Yar's Day.  So, water it is for th erest of the nigth. 

Why no one else drinkin with me here??

ReaperKK

jingle.boy

After 5 rounds, I' think I should pakc it in.  Don't think I have int in me to do another, plus, alarm is se for 6am.  Chug-a-lug some water, then hittin th ehay.

jingle.boy

I'm appalled that it's been nearly a year since this thread had been used - and mby me no less.  I'm only 3(ish) drinks into the night, so this shouldn't be too badk of a post.  fingers aren't working terribly ell, butr whatevs.

Think I'll pour myself anothe.r

6 mord days of vacation... my motto has been "eat drink and be merry".  So, it's back to step 2 again tonight.

wolfking

And Im appalled at your lack of writing skills and comprehension after only 3 drinks!!

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on December 28, 2023, 01:56:07 AM
And Im appalled at your lack of writing skills and comprehension after only 3 drinks!!

Get back to me when you hit your 40s, youngling ... let alone your 50s  :D

lonestar

Instant King speak, just add alcohol
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

King Postwhore

I partook as will with Angel's Envy.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

Ironically, Joe's typing gets better with booze.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

jingle.boy

Quote from: lonestar on December 28, 2023, 08:41:11 AM

I'm the Venus Flytrap of DTF; he's Johnny Fever.

King Postwhore

Quote from: lonestar on December 28, 2023, 08:41:11 AM

Call me Peter Griffin.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Jamesman42

Haven't been drunk in a while, might do that in the next few days. Get the temp bans ready! (I am kidding hefbosk please)
\o\ lol /o/

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 28, 2023, 05:02:16 AM

Get back to me when you hit your 40s, youngling ... let alone your 50s  :D

:lol Fair call.  Soon though mate, soon.

ReaperKK

Quote from: jingle.boy on December 27, 2023, 08:37:27 PM
I'm appalled that it's been nearly a year since this thread had been used - and mby me no less.  I'm only 3(ish) drinks into the night, so this shouldn't be too badk of a post.  fingers aren't working terribly ell, butr whatevs.

Think I'll pour myself anothe.r

6 mord days of vacation... my motto has been "eat drink and be merry".  So, it's back to step 2 again tonight.

Usually when I get into the drinks I forget this thread even exists.

jingle.boy

Not terribly drunk atm... just one stiff scoth..  Fuck I hate weekends .  That's not normal, is it?  Not sure I rmember the nlast time I had a really goo d weekend, start to finish.  And this one surea s hell ant gonna be it.  Guess the drink was stiffer than I though - fingers ain't workin as good as the normally are.  Another drin, or some water and bed??

King Postwhore

Zydar

jingle.boy

Clearly, I went with the "water and bed" option.

Evermind

Definitely not normal though, Chad. I'm always looking forward to weekends.

Not drunk yet, but I'm about to hit a couple of gin and tonics before bed. Had an awesome start of the day and then it slowly deteriorated to an absolute shitshow (family matters). Now that I'm home I think I'll indulge a little bit today.

See you guys later in this thread, maybe. :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Jamesman42

I almost chose "drunk" as last night's inebriation of choice, sounds like you had fun jongle
\o\ lol /o/

Evermind

Okay I'm properly inebriated at this point. Surprisingly it only takes two gin and tonics to make me lightheaded nowadays. Wow. And I don't really like it :lol for some reason I get really depressed when I drink. And I mean more depressed than I usually am.

Now spinning:

Proper depression music.

I'm gonna hit the third gin and tonic because fuck it and get some sleep.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Podaar

I'm joining you, Evermind.  Bombay Sapphire and elderflower tonic. 2 more and I'll be taking my Saturday nap.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on February 10, 2024, 09:19:33 AM
I almost chose "drunk" as last night's inebriation of choice, sounds like you had fun jongle

Far from it. Shitty evening last night, just as bad - if not worse - day so far ... and no indications that tonight or tomorrow will be any different.

I'll no doubt be back here later.

Jamesman42

Shit, I might have misread then, sorry it was shitty. Hope it improves!
\o\ lol /o/

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 10, 2024, 01:38:40 PM

Far from it. Shitty evening last night, just as bad - if not worse - day so far ... and no indications that tonight or tomorrow will be any different.

Dude, I worry for you.

ReaperKK

In. It's been a day and a half.

Quote from: wolfking on February 10, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on February 10, 2024, 01:38:40 PM

Dude, I worry for you.

I feel the same

King Postwhore

Just had a 120 proof whiskey. Yup.