Author Topic: The official DTF "drunk" thread  (Read 282581 times)

Offline Big Crouton

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The official DTF "drunk" thread
« Reply #2310 on: February 13, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »
Welp, it's been damn near forever since I've checke in on these forums, but this seemed like the place to do so.

Any other everclear fans here?  (not the band, the drink [which should be obvious due to the thread I'm posting in.]) I only recently learned that my drink of choice of late (due to poorness/need for strong drink if I want to get drunk/calorie efficiency) is actually illegal in most states, and/or can only be sold at a measly 75.5% instead of the manly 95% that I drink. (I wish there was a smiley to convey the tongue in cheek/slightly depressing nature of that statement.)

Anyways, not sure why I'm here, other than that I'm drunk and don't have anything of interest going on tonight.  So here's a bit of a rant/question for y'slll.

Does anyone else find it particularly unintersting/unenjoyable to get drunk by themselves?  Don't get me wrong, getting drunk is pretty well always enjoyable, but I don't fink any value to it when I'm on my own.  It's good fun with friends, or even just one friend, but by myself it just seems like a dumb way to pass time.

So there we go.  Theres' my two qustions to a community that I've not been a part of for a long while.  1. Does anyone else drink everclear, and 2. does anyone else find being drunk on their own less enjoyable than being drunk with a friend or several.  There's my contribution to a seemingly dying communinty that I was once an active membero f.
I'm not sure how literal 'God created man in his own image' is, but it would be pretty crappy if there was a god but he died a while ago of appendicitus.

www.mercuryrecordings.ca

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2311 on: February 13, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »
As long as it's not an often thing, I don't mind getting drunk by myself. Sometimes I feel like I need to be by myself heh.

darnk all my beer at a friends tonight, we ordered a dope ass pizza, watched some portladnia, played some battliefield, now I'm back in my  bed, it twas a good night.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #2312 on: February 14, 2014, 06:03:01 AM »
I'm not drunk but I'm on morphine, and on my way to the DT gig : ( didn't have much choice or I'd have been in too much pain to go at all but slightly worried in case I end up ill and it ruins the gig for me, I guess I have another six hours for it to ease off but it's a super fine line between maximum pain relief then suddenly feeling like you've poisoned yourself/vomiting/overwhelming drowsiness: also I REALLY don't wanna end up being sick in the middle of a seated gig, it's so embarrassing and everyone presumes your drunk. Meh :(
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #2313 on: February 14, 2014, 09:01:55 AM »
That's bad, hope you'll get well soon. Why are you on morphine?

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #2314 on: February 17, 2014, 06:00:07 AM »

Aww thanks! I have a chronic pain condition so I'm on a sht tonne of meds to keep it manageable. Morphine is more of an 'occasional' as and when thing, I used to be on the patches but it knocked me out so bad I couldn't function (falling asleep driving levels of insanity) so I'm just on the liquid now, have a swig when it gets bad or before I need to do something that is possibly going to hurt. I'd say I probably take morphine 4 days outta 7. Try to avoid it as much as possible because the withdrawal is hell once dependency kicks in!
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Onno

« Reply #2315 on: February 18, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »
Oh wow, that sure is bad. I hope for you that someday it'll go away :( Fortunately you can still do things like concerts with the meds, right? Were you still able to enjoy to the concert?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2316 on: February 19, 2014, 04:14:36 PM »

Aww thanks! I have a chronic pain condition so I'm on a sht tonne of meds to keep it manageable. Morphine is more of an 'occasional' as and when thing, I used to be on the patches but it knocked me out so bad I couldn't function (falling asleep driving levels of insanity) so I'm just on the liquid now, have a swig when it gets bad or before I need to do something that is possibly going to hurt. I'd say I probably take morphine 4 days outta 7. Try to avoid it as much as possible because the withdrawal is hell once dependency kicks in!

Sounds terrible.  Ever try Marijuana?  I know its probably illegal where you are, but that supposedly helps a lot of people with chronic pain.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #2317 on: February 19, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »
Oh wow, that sure is bad. I hope for you that someday it'll go away :( Fortunately you can still do things like concerts with the meds, right? Were you still able to enjoy to the concert?

It'll probably be permanent (nine years and going! haha) but I consider myself lucky to have access to pain medication :) yeah totally, sometimes I have very little control over when it's going to come on strong which sucks but I haven't missed a concert due to it yet! It took the edge off enough to forget about it :)

Sounds terrible.  Ever try Marijuana?  I know its probably illegal where you are, but that supposedly helps a lot of people with chronic pain.

Never tried it while experiencing the pain, no. My career is soon going to be working with people who have substance misuse issues and I would never judge anybody else for their usage but personally illicit drugs aren't for me. I used to be prescribed Nabilone however, which is a kind of synthetic canniboid, it helped a little but not enough to warrant being stoned every single day while going to work/driving etc.

Offline Onno

« Reply #2318 on: February 20, 2014, 01:31:46 AM »
That's good; as long as you can live with it, it's okay. Not sure about the morphine though; dependency is really bad. Of course marijuana is illegal (except for here in Holland  :biggrin:) but it doesn't cause dependency at all. But if you don't feel good about it then don't do it.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2319 on: March 02, 2014, 12:11:51 AM »
YOU'LL COWARDS DONT EVEN SMOKE CRACK

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2320 on: March 16, 2014, 01:59:29 AM »
pffffffffff
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:40:52 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2321 on: March 17, 2014, 10:00:41 PM »
I've been watching Vice's HBO series season 1 all night. This shit is gripping.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2322 on: March 17, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
Arena football, pee-can pie, good beer, wumbo.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2323 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
Arena football, pee-can pie, good beer, wumbo.
Set phasers to wumbo

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2324 on: March 17, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2325 on: March 17, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2326 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »
I fucked up and set it to gumbo. I've never been happier :caffeine:

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2327 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:48 PM »
I fucked up and set it to gumbo. I've never been happier :caffeine:
:zydarscouch:

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2328 on: March 17, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »
lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2329 on: May 15, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
drinking on this Thursday evening, strangely all my friends and family are going to be out of town this weekend for one reason or another so I will fill my time with reading, booze, and maybe a cigar or two.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2330 on: June 30, 2014, 12:25:11 AM »
GUISE! WHY ISN'T THIS THREAD BEING USED MOAR!? IT USED TO BE A HAVEN, A HAVEN FOR US OUTLIER, US ROGUES, US SCALLYWAGS, THE REAL HOODLUMS OF DTF. AND NOW IT'S A WASTELAND, A WASTELAND OF STUPID SOBER PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE AND GOOD AT HEART. IT'S REALLY STUPID. I DON'T LIKE IT. LET US WALLOW IN OUR LOVE JUICES AND SING PRAISE TO THE SUN. PRAISE THE SUN! WATCH OUT FOR PUSHING!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2331 on: June 30, 2014, 06:33:30 AM »
Perhaps try your luck in the unofficial drunk thread  ;)

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41849.0
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Onno

« Reply #2332 on: July 01, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #2333 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »
Last Thursday marked the first day in my life where I got drunk twice. 'Twas fun, but I doubt that I'll be making a habit out of it.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2334 on: August 17, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »
Hey big sexy boys and that one vagina.

This here.

Tonight

This is our place. It's just ours. Let's have a big sexy time. It's a good sexy place. Yeah. Let's do it.

/THEAWKWARDESTBONER

RIP DTP.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2335 on: August 30, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Drunk?  No.

Great buzz....YES!

I was out in the sun all day at a free concert and then went for dinner after and had 2 beers at 12%

Yup, good buzz.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #2336 on: September 10, 2014, 11:45:59 PM »
After a day of inventory and finding three bottles of 'dated' wine...

Hi ladies. *Casually sits down at electronic bar*

*farts*

RIP DTP.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2337 on: October 01, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Holy shit so fuckin drunk right now I can't even type correctly o wait I can lol what the fuck is going on ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Onno

« Reply #2338 on: October 02, 2014, 03:25:09 AM »
Enjoying your new Wohnsitz?  :biggrin:

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2339 on: October 02, 2014, 04:44:33 AM »
Yeah. :lol

Offline Onno

« Reply #2340 on: October 23, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »
I wanted to type some profound stuff but I refuse to do it. I'm not completely drunk but I'm too fucked up to do any of that shit. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I LIKE TOMATOES WHY DON'T YOU LIKE TOMATOES THEY'RE VERY NICE!!!!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2341 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII bought a beer stein over the Thanksgiving break and am now pretty drunk and only going to continue ut otto to get more drunk aw a ss yissss.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2342 on: January 12, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
Not your typical drunk post.

I'm five deep on a 6-pack right now and I've been thinking about things.  I lived in Tokyo for a semester in 2001 and learned a lot.  Hell, I'd never lived outside of Indiana until then.  I still live in the state but the time in Tokyo had a huge impact.  I did a lot of thinking over the Christmas holiday and decided I would (at least) plan for another trip to Tokyo.  It's hard to believe that 15 years has gone by.  I feel I need to do this, since there were a few things that I didn't do when I was there first.  I also feel that I need to do this for myself.  Nothing to do with things to do, but for me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:40:07 AM by carl320 »
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2343 on: July 17, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »
I FOUND TEH THREAD

Ctrl + F "dryunk" = 0 results found
Ctrl + F "drbunk" = 0 results found

How is everyone?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Onno

« Reply #2344 on: July 19, 2015, 12:35:41 PM »
I'm fine, how are you? Not drunk currently, but I have been a few times since the start of my summer holidays. I'll make sure to post here when I'm drunk again :lol