Author Topic: Drug use encourages cannibalism?  (Read 8275 times)

Offline William Wallace

Drug use encourages cannibalism?
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Drug use encourages cannibalism?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
Well that's just obvious.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
Feelin' kind of hungry
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
I believe this is only like the third or so cannibalism thread we've had in the history of the DTF P/R forum.  And I think WW has started every last one of them.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
I believe this is only like the third or so cannibalism thread we've had in the history of the DTF P/R forum.  And I think WW has started every last one of them.
Ye Gods!  I remember!

Should we go ahead and lock this one now?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
I don't remember starting any of them. My apologies if I did.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
Was curious what ever happened to you.

There are actually three different cannibalism stories out right now.  You've also got that crazy fuck up in Canada that claims to have dated former Stepford Wife Karla Holmecka, and an African fellow who ate parts of his roomy.  I suspect we might actually start to see some fear-mongering pretty soon. 

I'll also say that bath salts are some spooky shit.  I think crank is an awful drug, but misguided attempts to keep people off of it have steered them onto things much worse.  Tweakers gonna tweak, and it'd be better to allow them something that'd at least keep them halfway sane. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
Was curious what ever happened to you.
Lot's of stuff. But I'm going to post more often starting today.

There are actually three different cannibalism stories out right now.  You've also got that crazy fuck up in Canada that claims to have dated former Stepford Wife Karla Holmecka, and an African fellow who ate parts of his roomy.  I suspect we might actually start to see some fear-mongering pretty soon. 

I'll also say that bath salts are some spooky shit.  I think crank is an awful drug, but misguided attempts to keep people off of it have steered them onto things much worse.  Tweakers gonna tweak, and it'd be better to allow them something that'd at least keep them halfway sane.
What are bath salts, by the way? I'm pretty ignorant of drugs.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 07:08:26 PM »
In a nutshell, synthetic amphetamine.  It's currently enjoying the same quasi-legal status that MDMA (ecstasy) was back in the 80s, as the manufactures can tweak the formula just enough to make it a different substance every time one gets prohibited by The Man.  Eventually they'll have to adulterate it to the point that it won't be fun anymore, and the tweakers will lose interest. However, now that some people have a taste for it, a clandestine market for it will develop. 

What happened when X was scheduled in '85 was that people started selling a similar analogue called Eve, which wasn't quite as popular.  Eve got banned, and subsequent attempts to create another failed.  At that point people figured it was just easier to keep selling X illegally.  The same thing's also going on with synthetic pot. 

The problem with this, and the fake pot for that matter, is that it's a totally fly by night thing.  MDMA and methamphetamine were both pharmaceutical products.  People knew how to take it and what it would do.  What we saw with fake-bake was that it just got thrown into the market with nothing more than some marketing print.  People assumed it was just like pot, loaded up big giant bowls of it not realizing that it's ridiculously potent and wound up in the hospital because they thought they're overdosing (Demi Moore).  Same with the bath salts.  People are generally better off with good, old fashioned narcotics with massive history, than experimenting with stuff they don't understand because it's new and legal.  Another interesting side effect of the war on drugs. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
In a nutshell, synthetic amphetamine.  It's currently enjoying the same quasi-legal status that MDMA (ecstasy) was back in the 80s, as the manufactures can tweak the formula just enough to make it a different substance every time one gets prohibited by The Man.  Eventually they'll have to adulterate it to the point that it won't be fun anymore, and the tweakers will lose interest. However, now that some people have a taste for it, a clandestine market for it will develop. 

What happened when X was scheduled in '85 was that people started selling a similar analogue called Eve, which wasn't quite as popular.  Eve got banned, and subsequent attempts to create another failed.  At that point people figured it was just easier to keep selling X illegally.  The same thing's also going on with synthetic pot. 

The problem with this, and the fake pot for that matter, is that it's a totally fly by night thing.  MDMA and methamphetamine were both pharmaceutical products.  People knew how to take it and what it would do.  What we saw with fake-bake was that it just got thrown into the market with nothing more than some marketing print.  People assumed it was just like pot, loaded up big giant bowls of it not realizing that it's ridiculously potent and wound up in the hospital because they thought they're overdosing (Demi Moore).  Same with the bath salts.  People are generally better off with good, old fashioned narcotics with massive history, than experimenting with stuff they don't understand because it's new and legal.  Another interesting side effect of the war on drugs.
You should be a pharmacist, dude.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
Nah, I think I'd prefer to keep my amateur status.
E.F. Benson

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
Or you just love selling insurance, or whatever you do.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
Haiti has them all the time.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
As long as Lonestar seasons it up nicely, I'm prepared to eat anything.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 03:55:21 AM »
On the bright side, cannibalism could improve economic figures like the jobless and homeless rate, given that the right people are being eaten. What we need to be concerned about though are drugs like LSD and mushrooms that will encourage people to go vegan and threaten our entire food system.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:42 AM »
Feelin' kind of hungry

dammit, I was going to post that.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
Not flesh but Twinkies and McDonald's drive thru.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »
Whenever I get stoned I get the urge to eat an entire woman's leg.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »
Well, you're good at everything apparently.  I don't know how you do it.

Apparently these bath salts can get your body temperature up to 110 degrees.  That's why all these cats are naked.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »

I hope he didn't forget it.

also, i saw pictures. it's fucking horrifying. I know we joke, but holy shit.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »
People have done far worse to other human beings.....and were likely 100% sober when doing it.  This event being on video and in broad daylight makes it seem like the worst thing ever.  And I agree, the picture of that guys face....or lack of face...was indeed disturbing.  I think that his eyes were gouged out too.   :'(
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
Any time that I read anything about a person doing this to another person, on drugs or sober or whatever, it begs the question just how wicked and twisted people are in the depths of their being.  Dark stuff.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »
I think people always underestimate the depths of human psychology. And it's not a new phenomenon either. Only the massive publication of it is.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »
I think people always underestimate the depths of human psychology. And it's not a new phenomenon either. Only the massive publication of it is.

rumborak

Oh, I understand that. It still is fucking horrifying each time I hear about it.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »

rumborak

Oh, I understand that. It still is fucking horrifying each time I hear about it.

I dont think this deals with the depths of human psychology, but a chemically induced and complete break from it.
I wouldnt read much into the whole "dark depths of the black soul of man" angle.
Just a psychologically troubled individual that had a complete and total drug induced psychotic break.
Remember the jealous wife that cut of her husbands dick and threw it in a field?
While not as graphically greusome, that was done by what most consider a sane and sober person, and to me is a clearer testimony on human behavoir than the face eating incident.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:38 AM »
Is it? One could argue it was just different chemicals involved in the brain.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »
Agreed.  I just think people read too much into it, like stuff about how "evil the human mind is, especially in these times" kind of crap.
It was an emotionally/mentally, troubled/unstable dude who took some devestatingly damaging chemicals, and had a complete psychotic break.

EDIT:  I dont think the human heart/mind/soul has become any more evil, or any more capable of evil than it has in the past.
I do think that perhaps the drugs are more evil though.   :xbones
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:50:35 AM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
EDIT:  I dont think the human heart/mind/soul has become any more evil, or any more capable of evil than it has in the past.
I'm not sure I agree.  I'm a pretty firm believer in set/setting.  In my experience, people who flip out while on drugs are people that shouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.  Normal people can enjoy most drugs without losing their shit.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that incidents of people doing dope and running amok are actually any greater than people prescribed psychiatric meds and flipping out, or people who remain untreated and freak as well.  Is this guy all that different from somebody on SSRIs drowning her kids and sucking on her exhaust pipe?  More prevalent?  How bout Nut-Boy in Arizona who shot up the political rally.  He was just good, ole fashioned batshit.  I'm just not sure we're capable of differentiating between people going off their nut because of drugs, and doing so while they happened to be on drugs. 

In the case of what we're calling bath salts, the data is still pretty vague.  The "authorities" list a gazillion effects, many of which are contradictory, in a pretty clear case of fear mongering.  I still haven't been able to figure out if it's even a dissociative (which certainly tends to cause more freak-outs).  Still, consider PCP, which is one of the primary dissociative narcotics, and you find that only a small percentage flip out and beat up two dozen cops.  Maybe those people would be perfectly normal without the dope, and maybe the drugs exasperated an already dicey mindset.  All I know is that we live in a society where people can't or won't bother to make that distinction, which is counterproductive. 
E.F. Benson

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
I'm not sure I agree.  I'm a pretty firm believer in set/setting.  In my experience, people who flip out while on drugs are people that shouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.  Normal people can enjoy most drugs without losing their shit.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that incidents of people doing dope and running amok are actually any greater than people prescribed psychiatric meds and flipping out, or people who remain untreated and freak as well.  Is this guy all that different from somebody on SSRIs drowning her kids and sucking on her exhaust pipe?  More prevalent?  How bout Nut-Boy in Arizona who shot up the political rally.  He was just good, ole fashioned batshit.  I'm just not sure we're capable of differentiating between people going off their nut because of drugs, and doing so while they happened to be on drugs. 

In the case of what we're calling bath salts, the data is still pretty vague.  The "authorities" list a gazillion effects, many of which are contradictory, in a pretty clear case of fear mongering.  I still haven't been able to figure out if it's even a dissociative (which certainly tends to cause more freak-outs).  Still, consider PCP, which is one of the primary dissociative narcotics, and you find that only a small percentage flip out and beat up two dozen cops.  Maybe those people would be perfectly normal without the dope, and maybe the drugs exasperated an already dicey mindset.  All I know is that we live in a society where people can't or won't bother to make that distinction, which is counterproductive.

Im not sure we disagree at all.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »
Isn't it Ironic, not having access to the actual drug makes people use an even,more dangerous form that's a synthetic form of said drug.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
Isn't it Ironic, not having access to the actual drug makes people use an even,more dangerous form that's a synthetic form of said drug.
My biggest problem is that they've made it almost impossible to buy sudafed anymore because people might turn it into crank.  I've know a few speed freaks, and none of them have ever bothered me half as much as having to jump through DEA hoops at the pharmacists. 
E.F. Benson

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »
Agreed.  I just think people read too much into it, like stuff about how "evil the human mind is, especially in these times" kind of crap.

I don't think the human "heart" has become any more evil at all either.  I should have clarified by saying that it's always been that way.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2012, 04:17:34 PM »
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/27/medical-examiner-causeway-cannibal-not-high-on-bath-salts/

Rudy Eugene, the Causeway Cannibal who ate the face off a homeless man he attacked along the MacArthur Causeway, was apparently  not high on bath salts or any other exotic street drug at the time of the attack, according to a report released Wednesday by the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner.

Well fuck, you could have blown me over with a feather...