Author Topic: The Movie Thread v. Ultimatum  (Read 198200 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: The Movie Thread v. Ultimatum
« Reply #2975 on: July 18, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
Anyone else looking forward to...The Conjuring?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2976 on: July 18, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »

No.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2977 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:43 AM »
Can we at least agree that Avatar is better than all three of the Matrix movies regardless what order (or even whether or not) you watch all of them?

It's been awhile since I last watched the second or third Matrix films, but there is no way in hell that Avatar is better than the original Matrix film.

To put it into the perspective of pizza, it's like comparing one of those microwavable personal-sized pan pizzas you buy at your local Wal-Mart (Avatar) to a top-notch pizza made from a local Italian family recipe by said-Italian family (The Matrix). The only difference in this comparison is that Avatar has better visuals than the pizza that represents it, but its cliched plot is spot on with the quality of taste. Not 'bad', but it's not anything special. The Matrix and its pizza representative are the real deal.

Just to continue with this great metahpor, the shittiest microwavable pizzas also usually have an absolutely delicious, fresh-looking pizza on the box. It's all aesthetics.

Also, fuck the conjuring. Fuck any of those dumbass paranormal movies. God damn it, can people really watch the same thing over and over and still be enthralled? I swear, the horror genre may not have been the most innovative or creative, but this 'generation' of horror films has degraded into some serious rotting pieces of shit. Seriously...how many motherfucking ghost stories is Hollywood going to tell? People fucking suck.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2978 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »
Can we at least agree that Avatar is better than all three of the Matrix movies regardless what order (or even whether or not) you watch all of them?
You cannot be serious!

There's no way in hell Avatar is better than the first Matrix!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Joshin U

• On a wrecking ball to view a fashion show
« Reply #2979 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Hell yes.  Heard nothing but good things so far, can't wait till Friday!

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #2980 on: July 18, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »

Yes, but I'm a wimp so I might wait until DVD.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #2981 on: July 18, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »

It's been awhile since I last watched the second or third Matrix films, but there is no way in hell that Avatar is better than the original Matrix film.

To put it into the perspective of pizza, it's like comparing one of those microwavable personal-sized pan pizzas you buy at your local Wal-Mart (Avatar) to a top-notch pizza made from a local Italian family recipe by said-Italian family (The Matrix). The only difference in this comparison is that Avatar has better visuals than the pizza that represents it, but its cliched plot is spot on with the quality of taste. Not 'bad', but it's not anything special. The Matrix and its pizza representative are the real deal.

THIS!

I liked Avatar.  Was blown away by the effects, the scope, etc.  Saw it twice at the theater, bought the BluRay as soon as I could, watched it a few more times.

It has become boring to me.  And that actually makes me sad because I did really like it.  It just clicked in at one point that the story was rather trite once I got past the "look" of it all.  A film has to have an interesting story or something catchy to me to not get to that point.

"The Matrix" is interesting EVERY time.  If I happen to catch it on TV, I'll watch it even though I have the BluRay box set of the trilogy.  This is for the first one tho -- the sequels don't catch my eye that way.

The microwave pizza analogy was a good one.  Once you get past the delicious looking picture, the edification just isn't there.  For me...  :)

Obviously, Chino's mileage varies  ;)
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2982 on: July 18, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »

No.
Why not?

Hell yes.  Heard nothing but good things so far, can't wait till Friday!
:metal

Yes, but I'm a wimp so I might wait until DVD.
:biggrin:

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2983 on: July 18, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2985 on: July 18, 2013, 02:05:08 PM »
:clap:
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2986 on: July 18, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
I like the sequels more than the original... But the first one is still awesome. Don't hurt me.

All your movie-related opinions are utterly baffling.

Why? Because I haven't watched Jaws? Or find The Godfather a bit dull?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2987 on: July 18, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
I like the sequels more than the original... But the first one is still awesome. Don't hurt me.

All your movie-related opinions are utterly baffling.

Why? Because I haven't watched Jaws? Or find The Godfather a bit dull?

D - All of the above
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2988 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:16 PM »
Avatar makes the Matrix movies look like Gone With the Wind

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2989 on: July 18, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
Uncorked arrived in the mail. I wish this movie were easier to see....but I doubt anyone is going to hunt down an OOP DVD on my recommendation.

It is cheaper than it used to be....but if anyone ever has the opportunity to see this movie....if you love music, wine, a message of how to find inner peace....and a giggle or two along the way...please find this movie.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline sueño

« Reply #2990 on: July 18, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »
Uncorked arrived in the mail. I wish this movie were easier to see....but I doubt anyone is going to hunt down an OOP DVD on my recommendation.

It is cheaper than it used to be....but if anyone ever has the opportunity to see this movie....if you love music, wine, a message of how to find inner peace....and a giggle or two along the way...please find this movie.

Don't be so sure... it's been in my cart at Amazon since the weekend.  Lord knows I could use some inner peace.   :-\

I've enjoyed the movie reccos from this thread (The Room is next on Netflix  :P ).
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2991 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:31 AM »

Don't be so sure... it's been in my cart at Amazon since the weekend.  Lord knows I could use some inner peace.   :-\

I've enjoyed the movie reccos from this thread (The Room is next on Netflix  :P ).

I'm dying to see The Room....but that is really a completely different animal.    Just from the previews, the stuff I've heard around here, and the clips on YouTube I can already tell that I'll love it.     But if I were you, I'd at least look up the Wiki article first.   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2992 on: July 19, 2013, 05:55:27 AM »
Chino you fool. The first Matrix is actually a good movie. So good that I can pretend that the sequels don't exist.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2993 on: July 19, 2013, 06:15:39 AM »
Chino you fool. The first Matrix is actually a good movie. So good that I can pretend that the sequels don't exist.

I never said it wasn't... I actually liked it. I watched Reloaded last night and thought that was pretty swell too.

Offline sueño

« Reply #2994 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:12 AM »

I'm dying to see The Room....but that is really a completely different animal.    Just from the previews, the stuff I've heard around here, and the clips on YouTube I can already tell that I'll love it.     But if I were you, I'd at least look up the Wiki article first.

I Wiki'd it as soon as I read the comments here; I'd never heard of it before.   It sounds stupidly funny and I love a good bad movie (watching Sharknado this weekend  :biggrin: ).  Wonderful, horrible quotes...Should be a riot!   :laugh: