Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 6418 times)

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Dreams
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »
If this has been started before, deal with it.

Let's share our dreams. Not dreams as in life goals, cause we all know that surely won't happen.

Lately, I've had dreams where my legs don't work properly. I have trouble walking and it feels so real.

I have the weirdest dreams.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:49 AM »
That isn't a weird dream.

A few weeks ago I had a dream where the Transformers were all made of Lego, and were fighting atop a castle, then Optimus Prime summons a black Lego dragon to kick the Decepticons ass, then suddenly we're in my house, and some people are hacking Adobe, and for some reason we're watching it in realtime on the computer, except it's all in DOS for some reason.

That's about the most recent dream I can remember.

edit: oh wait I remember my dream from last night. I had the ability to morph into any shape I wanted, and I was in front of the mirror willing myself to be a muscley black man, and at first I failed and was just a fat white guy. Then I tried again and was muscley, and then I had to keep pushing and trying to get my skin darker and darker. Then once I was really nice and dark, I had to will an afro onto my head.
Then the next thing I remember, I was stealing something, and using some spray to make myself invisible (I was completely naked at this point, because I had to be to make myself invisible).
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »
I've had much weirder dreams than what I've recently had.

If it involves computers and Transformers, it's a Blob dream.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:11 AM »
I don't remember my dreams, usually. 

I wake up and any recollection of what went on is D.O.A. 

Except when I'm sick and end up all short of breath in my sleep.  Those dreams are pretty memorable because they always involve me being paralyzed.  I don't care for those. 

One cool dram I had once was one where I died and woke up the next day as a ghost.  I was completely invisible and intangible and could just float around wherever.  I didn't like it at the time, though, because I thought it was real which scared the piss out of me.  I was super-cautious about anything slightly dangerous for about 3 months afterwards. 

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
Yeah, I had a dream where my dog fucking melted.  :metal

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:07:29 AM »
Is a great Van Halen song
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:08:22 AM »
Trouble walking... like John Locke?

Recently, I had a death dream. It was maybe one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. I remember realizing that I was going to die, and accepting it in my dream. It was almost as if on a double subconscious level, I knew I was dreaming, and wanted to experiment with death. I didn't actually know I was dreaming though, only that I was in fact dying. When my dream form accepted this, I closed my eyes. It was then that I experienced a near-death-experience, only there was nothing near about it. As I let go, I felt warm and light. After a couple  seconds of being dead, I woke up in my bed.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
Trouble walking... like John Locke?

Recently, I had a death dream. It was maybe one of the strangest dreams I've ever had. I remember realizing that I was going to die, and accepting it in my dream. It was almost as if on a double subconscious level, I knew I was dreaming, and wanted to experiment with death. I didn't actually know I was dreaming though, only that I was in fact dying. When my dream form accepted this, I closed my eyes. It was then that I experienced a near-death-experience, only there was nothing near about it. As I let go, I felt warm and light. After a couple  seconds of being dead, I woke up in my bed.

Oh my God. That's it.

Sounds like you're eating too many vegetables  :police:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
The weirdest dream that I remember was also my most recent, and it went something like this: I'm walking through a city of skyscrapers, the city is completely empty. It's raining slightly, everything is a bit dark, no sign of life anywhere - except for the huge TV screens on the skyscrapers, all of which are playing the music video "Jack Sparrow" by The Lonely Island in infinite loop.

I'm in that weird city, walking along, when I, for some reason look down. There, on the pavement, there's a button, exactly like in Watchmen, complete with the smiley and the bloodstains. I lift it up, look at it and wake up.

Weird shit.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »
I don't normally remember my dreams, but a major portion of what I do remember are nightmares or hallucinations while sleep paralyzed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:38:26 AM by Sigz »
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:30 AM »
I don't usually remember much of my dreams. I do recall the other night having a dream that I was the president and nother where I was Batman. Unfortunately they were not the same dream. President by day, Batman by night would be badass.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »

I have yet to actually succeed in doing this, I don't even know if it's legit. But everything up to 'you're now in sleep paralasis' has worked, so the only thing I haven't done is the dreaming part.

I have only tried this once though and had to abort 'cause I needed to pee.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:42:16 AM by BlackInk »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 11:34:49 AM »
I can't see the picture...

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »
How about now?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »
Yeah. I've only lucid dreamt a couple of times.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »
I once had a dream that I was listening to a DT tribute CD and was totally blow away by the singer. Then I looked at the credits and low and behold, Vocals: Nicky Spandex Spanjaards.

Ah well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
I have had loads of dreams in which I was aware and could control it but the way that image describes it seems even more 'lucid' than I feel my past ones have been.

Offline jag66

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »

Let's share our dreams. Not dreams as in life goals, cause we all know that surely won't happen.

Lately, I've had dreams where my legs don't work properly. I have trouble walking and it feels so real.

Probably my most common recurring dream - legs just feel heavy and walk reaaaaally slowly.
The missus woke me up this morning and after I went back to sleep, remember the dream vividly. All my teeth fell out  :eek

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »

Probably my most common recurring dream - legs just feel heavy and walk reaaaaally slowly.
The missus woke me up this morning and after I went back to sleep, remember the dream vividly. All my teeth fell out  :eek

That's awful :lol

Yeah, in those dreams, I seriously can't stay on my feet. I'll just roll around like a dumbass.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
I had a pretty vivid one a few weeks ago about the zombie apocalypse/The Walking Dead.  What was so weird about it is that the dream switched to a scene not involving me, like you would see on a TV show.  I don't think that's ever happened in a dream I've had before.  Plus, the dream was super creepy to begin with. :eek

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
I'd just smack those zombies around, I'm pretty much god in all my dreams.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
 :(

You and my SO - he can lucid dream until the cows come home (moo! :lol ) but I've never really mastered that dream technique.  He's tried to tell me to actively look for things that I would have IRL but I get so caught up in the dream that I forget.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »
I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do, they're usually creepy as fuck and lack any sense whatsoever.

For example. I once dreamt that I was a porcupine.

A freakin' porcupine.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
For those who want to try out Lucid dreaming check out reddit.com/r/luciddreaming

The last dream I had that I can remember was the night before last:

I was on a beach someplace, looked vaguely to the beach in Lithuania that I visited in March. It was very hot and sand was very think, not compacted so walking felt strange. I sat down on a wooden lounge chair facing the water when all of a sudden my gf appeared. We started talking and the strange thing was that she was talking to me in English (she knows very little English in real life and we speak in our native language). it hit me that I was dreaming and it bummed me out because we were having such a good time, but overall it's a good dream. 8/10

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »
Last night I had a dream where I was playing one of those claw machines where you try to grab a stuffed animal.  I sucessfully got a monkey, then it came alive and started attacking me.  Soon, all of the stuffed animals in the machine came alive, including one animal which I can only describe as a giant tarantulasnake.  Together they broke out of the glass and started chasing me.  I don't remember much else from there, but I seem to recall that I ended up somehow trapped in the claw machine. 

... Yeah, I have an overactive imagination.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
Damn, that sounds terrifying!

I can generally dream lucidly if I'm already dreaming and somehow I realize that I'm dreaming.  Most times, it's because something in the dream just doesn't make any sense, and I think to myself "This is nuts, this must be a dream."  The earliest I remember this happening was when I was maybe seven or eight years old.  A friend and I rode our bikes to the store, which was all the way to the end of the neighborhood, on Grand River Avenue.  That was a main street, four lanes wide, and we could not cross it.  When we got there, it wasn't four lanes of traffic, but four railroad tracks.  Trains!  Yay!  I like trains.  But my friend Mike was ahead of me and he saw it and turned around and said "This must be a dream" and I agreed.  It didn't make any sense that the road would suddenly be train tracks.  Then I woke up.

The best lucid dreams of course are the ones that continue after you're "in control".  Once I figure out that it's a dream, I usually fly rather than walk, because it's more fun.  Playing music is fun, too, because you don't make any mistakes and it all sounds exactly like the CD (because I usually literally hear the CD in my head as I'm playing).  Fun stuff.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
The best lucid dreams of course are the ones that continue after you're "in control".  Once I figure out that it's a dream, I usually fly rather than walk, because it's more fun.  Playing music is fun, too, because you don't make any mistakes and it all sounds exactly like the CD (because I usually literally hear the CD in my head as I'm playing).  Fun stuff.
Another fun thing is to mess with people heads. Like making them forget things or making them not see things right in front of them (if you're doing something you don't want people to see in public)...

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
I had a dream the night before my drama exam that I messed up and failed miserably, and woke up crying :')

Now, according to an online dream dictionary this means that I am concerned that I'm not going to fulfil my obligations, looking forward to impending friendships, and that I feel as though I'm not going to meet the expectations of others.

Personally, I think I was scared of failing my drama exam
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
 :tup

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »
I had a dream a few weeks back that really opened my eyes to a situation that was going on in my life.

Me and another guy got promoted to night manager at my family's store. I felt blind-sided to the fact that the other guy, a few months younger than myself got manager shifts before I did and began training before myself and had an actual manager shift before I even got to training.

I was his stock guy the night of his first training shift and felt very detached from work that night and somewhat hurt. Completely unnecessary for me to feel that way but I wasn't happy about it as I saw the guy unfit for the position (last weekend this was proven true).

That night, I had a dream that I was driving home from work and the breaks weren't working in my car. They would start to work if pressed down really hard but other times they would fail all together. The next morning I woke up and started looking up what failed breaks meant in a dream. It meant that I didn't have control of something in my life/something bugging me was out of my control.

It really opened my eyes up to the fact that I couldn't control the promotion of another employee and that I shouldn't make his manager experience horrible because of my anger. From that point on, it hasn't frustrated me to the point that it did.

God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »
All I had to do was read that first sentence and look at your avatar.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »
That's about the fifth time with this avatar that I've been told that. It's a very contemplative avatar
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »
Yeah it is. Although, I'm not sure how well it goes with your sig.