Author Topic: The Iran Discussion Thread  (Read 7535 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Re: The Iran Discussion Thread
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
I've met some Iranian people. Straight up some of the nicest people I have ever met. I've always thought Iran's issues were the leadership.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
At no point in any of those remarks did he suggest that Iran would be the instrument of their eradication.  In fact, in the last two he stated somewhat implicitly that it would be the Palestinians who put an end to it. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 10:00:02 AM »
Barto's right.

Neither Carson nor Phantom are correct.

Well this thread has been fun. But I can't stand arguing with right wing extremists especially ones who support Israel's current regime. I love my country, but loving the current government involves a complete lack of perspective.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Sorry, I should clarify. Israel doesn't give a damn about Iran and their supposed nuclear weapons. Obviously Iran is a threat, but not with nukes. The nuke issue is just a way to keep idiots like bibi in power.

To add to this, nukes are just a way to keep the idiots like Ahmadenenijad;lkj in power.

US politicans have threatened to bomb Iran for years (bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran anyone?), and have said the exact equivalent of everything phantom just quoted. I see no reason why our calling Iran a regional threat, and saying it's regime is dangerous and we need to step in do so something, is really any different than Iran saying Israel is a threat, and that it's regime is dangerous. Their rhetoric is only slightly different.