Author Topic: My dog is dying  (Read 7637 times)

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: My dog is dying
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
My deepest condolences.  He looks like a great bud.  :'(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
 :'(

RIP Bear.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 10:17:21 AM »
 :'( RIP Bear
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 10:45:15 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »
I believe our pets know how much we love them, and Bear knew he was loved. Sorry for your loss, Heff. :sad:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

RIP lovely Bear  :heart

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
That's terrible. I had the same exprience so I can undertand what you feel.

Dogs are the best. RIP!
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
He looked like such an adorable puppy. Sorry for your loss  :(
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
Sorry, hef. :(

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »
My dog died 11 years ago and I still miss her, sorry to hear about this Hef. :(
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
So, so, so, so sorry. I really don't know what to say as I don't know what I would want to hear were I in your shoes.

I want to share this, which is probably something you have seen before, but it might give you a little warmth in this time of grief (Fuck, even just typing this makes me tear up, it's by an unknown author, to my knowledge.):

"Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker ‘s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ”I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said,”People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The Six-year-old continued,

”Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

This is beautiful, a really lovely thought.

And I'm so sorry for your loss hef. :( RIP

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
Aww Hef I am so sorry  :'(  :'( :'(
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »
Damn man... I''m sorry  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RIP Bear
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
I'm actually crying. These posts are tough to read. Bear must have been one hell of a dog. Hope all is well and I'll keep praying for ya.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »
Damn Hef...I'm so sorry to hear that. Just remember that one day Bear will be waiting for you, playing in a field just beyond the rainbow bridge, and he'll be sooooo happy when he see's you. But he'll be there to lead the way.

I've lost some great dogs...and I loved them all very much. 

God bless you and your family.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
Shit, I'm so sorry. This kind of stuff always gets me.
I know this is really hard for you and maybe right now it's not the time to post this, but this video is beautiful and always makes me cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1g_pqMg-Pw&feature=g-like

This video might help you cope with what you are going thru right now. But it's a really hard hitting video so it's up to you mang.

And you did what you had to do. All that matters is that you loved your dog till the end.

RIP Bear.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
I know this is really hard for you and maybe right now it's not the time to post this, but this video is beautiful and always makes me cry:

This video might help you cope with what you are going thru right now. But it's a really hard hitting video so it's up to you mang.

And you did what you had to do. All that matters is that you loved your dog till the end.

RIP Bear.
That video really got me...
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

RIP Bear.

Crying so hard  :'(

RIP Bear (and my dog Simba who passed away a few years ago)
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37:25 PM »
RIP Bear.  Just remember all the love and joy he gave you and that he felt the same way.

I had a similar experience with my beloved dog who died two years ago...

My black lab started to swell up in her stomach like a balloon. When we took her to the Vet they found that she had hepatitis.  They said she had about 3 months to live.  We had to give her a ton of pills everyday and it broke my heart because I knew it was only delaying the inevitable. My sister was trying to come home to see her one last time, but she got far too sick so we decided we were going to put her down.  Every night, without fail, she would come upstairs and sleep on my parents bed. One night, my mom woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and then went to find my dog when she realized she wasn't on the bed.  She was at the bottom of the steps - too weak to make it upstairs. My mom woke up the whole family, and we went downstairs to see her.  A minute or two passed, and she started really breathing hard...ragged, heavy breaths.  I started to hug her and hold her and she died in my arms in the middle of the night at the bottom of my steps.  I will always believe that she was holding on and fighting until my family arrived so she could leave us while we were there.  She was only 7.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Maybe the wrong place for this - then again, maybe not. Either way, it's damn touching.

Jimmy Stewart reads "A Dog Named Beau," a poem he wrote.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
Sorry to hear about it. I've lost over 5 pets. It's not easy.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 12:32:44 AM »
Sorry Hef :(  I know how it is, we lost our Boxer last year, and our other dog is 11 and not getting any younger.  They give us such joy and happiness, it's just sad that they live such short lives.  Hang in there Brother.  I love the "Rainbow Bridge" poem someone posted in this thread....

Offline j

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
Not much more to say, but I'm really sorry for your loss Hef.  I hope you and your family are soon able to focus on all the good times you had with Bear.  RIP.

-J

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 04:24:47 AM »
We took yesterday as a day of remembrance.  Today we are all going back to school/work and try to get back in the routine.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
We took yesterday as a day of remembrance.  Today we are all going back to school/work and try to get back in the routine.

That's really rough bro, especially since it was so aggressive.  At least he is at peace now and had a terrific life.  :'(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

It's what you have to do. You know Bear is probably looking at you guys like "WTF? You'll be here soon. Have fun, enjoy yourselves!"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
He looked at us like "WTF?" a lot. 

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
He looked at us like "WTF?" a lot.
:sad:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Can't read the thread.  Not after skimming through and seeing the picture of you with your loyal, loving friend.  All I can say, Hef, is you did the right thing putting your dog down.  I am an animal lover with two dogs and an African Grey Parrot and I can't even think about that dreaded awful day that I know will come eventually.   I am profoundly sorry for your loss.   :(

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
Sorry Hef.  :sad:

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »

RIP Bear.

Maybe the wrong place for this - then again, maybe not. Either way, it's damn touching.

Jimmy Stewart reads "A Dog Named Beau," a poem he wrote.

Powerful stuff, both of these. RIP Bear, very sorry to hear that Hef. I can't imagine what it will be like for me down the road with mine. Cherish all the good times, and hopefully you find a new dog to love as well.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:35 PM »
My wife and I talk about this once in a while and we both agree that nothing will cure the blues of having put your dog down like a new puppy to take care of.   :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »
My wife and I talk about this once in a while and we both agree that nothing will cure the blues of having put your dog down like a new puppy to take care of.   :)
I've had other people say that to me.  I don't know, it feels too soon.  I feel like I need my time to grieve and to honor him.  I know that may sound silly, but it's true.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
I've had other people say that to me.  I don't know, it feels too soon.  I feel like I need my time to grieve and to honor him.  I know that may sound silly, but it's true.

When one of our dogs had to be put down, about 18 months ago, it was six months before we got Sophie. But, it took my family a couple months before we warmed up to the idea. We've always had two dogs, and Daisy (who is 13 now) just seemed miserable. We did it just as much for Daisy as we did it for ourselves.