Author Topic: Favorite song of the moment - Midnight City by M83  (Read 427 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Favorite song of the moment - Midnight City by M83
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »
OK, there's a new radio station in Chicago... well, not really new so much as revived. 

Last year, Chicago replaced Q101, the alt-rock station, for a news format.  While I mainly listen to classic rock, sometimes i just want a change of pace, especially since the format of the classic rock station changed to playing nothing past the year 1990, which means there was no station playing ANYTHING by Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarten, DT, newer Rush, etc.  It has been sad. 

That alt rock station has been revived.  So I'm glad.  It's exposing me to some newer music I haven't been aware of. 

So, that leads me to this.

Midnight City by M83... holy crap, this song is perfect... I know it's not everyone's cup of tea here, but it's like etherial 80s synthpop, a mix of New Order, Outfield, Cure, Sigur Ros, etc.  I feel like I'm floating above a large city at night.  Freaking awesome. 

So listen.  Oh and the video is awesome too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: Favorite song of the moment - Midnight City by M83
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
I like it too. Actually been buying a lot of albums by bands I don't listen to like them lately, just out of curiosity from a bunch of new songs I've heard on the radio.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
So... I'm looking for similar artists.  I already have gotten The Naked and Famous, Foster the People, amongst others.  I need others.  I need more...
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
Great song indeed.