Author Topic: Dream Theater in Jammit (also, possibly another song in Rock Band?)  (Read 9939 times)

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dream Theater in Jammit (also, possibly another song in Rock Band?)
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »
Buy all for a total of $756.61! What a deal.. ::)

Seems fine to me.

Yeah, me too.
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
Buy all for a total of $756.61! What a deal.. ::)

Seems fine to me.

Really.. Why?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 07:54:12 AM »
People don't seem to realize the value of master tracks. Also, the notation thing; slowing down the song to practice, recording over the whole band, sharing; that's a great deal. I bought lots of keyboard transcriptions by Dream Theater, and let's say I got the book for 40 bucks, including 10 songs. That's roughly 4 bucks per song. Now, for 5 bucks you get the transcription (for one instrument only, considering the book I bought was only keyboard notation), the capability of slowing down and practice with an included click track, recording and other advantages. I say this because I'm a Jammit user, and it's great.

That's all.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
https://www.amazon.ca/Theater-Turbulence-Authentic-Guitar-Tab-ebook/dp/B005CG3WLG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1357829803&sr=8-7

Six Degrees is about 17 dollars, say album is 20; 37 for both is far cheaper. Granted they are not isolated tracks on the album but chances are you will have the tab book with the album or isolated track regardless. These prices are quite high in my mind.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »
Well, that book is cheaper than the ones I bought, eh! But as I said, as a Jammit user I find the price to be very worthwhile to everything this offers.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 08:06:02 AM »
Well, that book is cheaper than the ones I bought, eh! But as I said, as a Jammit user I find the price to be very worthwhile to everything this offers.

Far enough good sir. Maybe I'm cheap lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »
Yo give you props, they aren't exactly very cheap  :D I got the Learning to Live keyboard stem because I am playing the song, and had some doubts. Much better and faster than reading sheet music (Which I do, but I'm not very fast...I'm a slow reader)
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline The Fatal Tragedy

• I'm that "Awesome" guy.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
Yo give you props, they aren't exactly very cheap  :D I got the Learning to Live keyboard stem because I am playing the song, and had some doubts. Much better and faster than reading sheet music (Which I do, but I'm not very fast...I'm a slow reader)
I'm just curious. Do you happen to know what audio format the stems are stored as? Are they .ogg, .wav, flac, (or dare I say...) .mp3? I ask this because Jammit may very well be purposely hiding the quality and file format info for a reason.
Embrace the days; don't turn away. Life's true intent needs patience.

Karma starts the signal...

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:43 PM »
honestly, i think they're FLACs (or equivalent). i have checked the audio quality from some test recordings of tracks i bought and they are absolutely pristine, with plenty of signal at and exceeding 20kHz (the primary method of determining quality, though it's possible they are compressed at 48kHz or something), and they may even be 24bit (though that is what i recorded at, so that's neither here nor there).

judging by how long it takes me to download the tracks, as well – they're quite huge, and not just for long songs – i'd say they are of seriously high quality, comparable to lossless.

the only bad thing is that they have added compression (the effect, not the data crunching to make lossy encodes) to the instrument tracks in order to make everything heard easier. for instance, if you put all of "The Mirror" together using the individual instrument tracks, the quiet part is noticeably louder than it is on the record. not to mention every I&W track seems to be a completely different mix from the actual album, even if you just listen to the instrumental versions that accompany the vocal stem. (still have triggered drums, though!)

overall i think Jammit is amazing, i just wish they'd do less touching up on the individual instruments from an audio engineer standpoint. works great for musicians learning to play, though. really hoping to get some SDOIT tracks in there soon, once they presumably finish SFAM.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
I'm just curious. Do you happen to know what audio format the stems are stored as? Are they .ogg, .wav, flac, (or dare I say...) .mp3? I ask this because Jammit may very well be purposely hiding the quality and file format info for a reason.
Yeah, they are definitely lossless. I do now know the specific file format, but it all sounds nice.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing