Author Topic: Stunning conversations you have with people  (Read 8455 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Stunning conversations you have with people
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
Short but sweet.... we make fun of my father all the time for this and he isn't dumb but clearly had a brain fart when our family got some fast food a long time ago:

Dad: "Is the medium bigger than the large?"
Lady at the register: "No"

Offline Ħ

« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
I don't hate it when people don't possess common knowledge. I mean, common sense is one thing - it's surprising to see people not realize that a large pizza is bigger than a medium pizza, even if we suppose that they don't know what a "pizza" is. But many things are commonly known but not really essential facts of life. I don't know what "touche" means, I couldn't pinpoint the US States with 100% accuracy, I probably know 10% or less of the state capitols, and I couldn't tell you much about non-American cultures beyond a shallow understanding. But I'm not an idiot - I just don't care to know those things. I don't see how knowing those things fits into my life priorities at all. I give others the same benefit of the doubt.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2012, 05:08:15 PM »
It kind of makes me sad that I've studied a lot of geography and many different cultures, and I've learned almost NONE of that in school (American public school).
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
Re: continents, most of the continents are defined as geographical entities based upon the positioning of the continental plates.

So technically, it's more correct to refer to places like India and the Middle East as "sub-continents" rather than including them within Asia.  And the difference between Europe and Asia is really just an arbitrary line (well, the Caucasus Mountains, but whatever).
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
I don't know what "touche" means... I give others the same benefit of the doubt.
I did too... the first few times she didn't get it. Eventually, I gave up because the person in question didn't understand anything explained to her by anyone.