Author Topic: Jingle Boy's Roulette v. drum rolll... pass the envelope please.  (Read 94372 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Liking the Mandroid Echostar too. Never heard of them before but like what I hear. now to track down the album.

It's a name your own price download on Bandcamp.

Thanks for the heads up. Parting with some cash now.

It's four solid songs, money well spent.

@king, grow a fucking pair you girl and send something.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
I know the feeling hun... and when I did that I ending up getting ranking 5  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
That's the problem RJ, they do look like girls! :lol :lol :lol

You know what I'm talking about. :lol

Nem, that's what I think, I'll get the dredded 5. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
bahahahhaahha  :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm hoping what I sent confuses Chad enough to give me a 1
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I'm really on the fence about mine.  I sent it this morning, and it's completely out of line for the type of music I love and am known for.  Hopefully it fares well.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I'm really on the fence about mine.  I sent it this morning, and it's completely out of line for the type of music I love and am known for.  Hopefully it fares well.

BINGO!  If I had extra points for honesty, you'd get them.

I'm hoping what I sent confuses Chad enough to give me a 1

One of my many motto's ... If you can convince them, confuse them. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
If there are honesty points, I should be first in line.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well when I get home I'll send the one that lonestar know's about.  I hope you like the tune even though you may throw up Chad when you see who it is! :lol

If there are honesty points, I should be first in line.

I've got you beat bud and you know it. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It still has to be a decent tune though!  However, if it's something you really dig, I'll respect that first, put my own (potential) discrimination aside, and listen with a completely open mind. 

I'll do my best
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well, it's sent by email!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Well, it's sent by email!

You're a brave man. :salute:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's a good tune.  It just might not be Chad's style but really, how many in this round will be his style.  I almost sent a Big Country tune.  I was a huge follower when all my buds ragged on me.  Then years later when I was the only American still following them and buying their CD's by imports, :lol I played a new song  to my same buds and they were like , :Who is this band?!"  "This is great!"

I then let them have it and told them this was Big Country.  Hell, I'll link the song for shits and giggles. (live version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37rSMgnYfo

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll send mine in about 12 hours, sorry for the hold up.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's a good tune.  It just might not be Chad's style but really, how many in this round will be his style.  I almost sent a Big Country tune.  I was a huge follower when all my buds ragged on me.  Then years later when I was the only American still following them and buying their CD's by imports, :lol I played a new song  to my same buds and they were like , :Who is this band?!"  "This is great!"

I then let them have it and told them this was Big Country.  Hell, I'll link the song for shits and giggles. (live version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p37rSMgnYfo

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I usually make it a point of not liking a band that titles a song after themselves :lol.  That, and I also never trust a person with two first names.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wait ?!  Wut?!  I'm I missing something?! :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wait ?!  Wut?!  I'm I missing something?! :lol
[/quote

The only Big Country song I know is "In A Big Country".

The dig against people with two first names was just completely random.  Like Ricky Bobby, or Anderson Cooper.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
:'(

I'm sucking in this roulette.

Sent guilty pleasure.

Im also heading downhill
Never heard that reaction to Ozric before.....they're Spaceprog.
no dub......no vocals either.

sending guilty thingy shortly.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Well I get that but the other 200 songs don'y have their name in the songs. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Song sent!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well I get that but the other 200 songs don'y have their name in the songs. :lol

Yeah, I realize I'm being a tool about it (and a little facetious).  I just never really checked them out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
That's ok I've always felt that way about rap lyrics too.  I'm a tool too.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
No kidding... guess this round killed the chatter.  No matter.  Stay tuned.  Gonna put an end to this one before the night is out.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So, that was an interesting round.  Now that it’s over, I really don’t know what the hell I was thinking it would accomplish.  Seemed like a good idea when I dreamed it up, and I had good intentions of seeing it through.  However, they say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I sure felt like I was in hell listening to some of this (jk... but it was kinda nasty at some points).  In retrospect, this theme was kinda silly in the grand scheme of things.  Very few of these have any replay value, and I think that one listen was plenty for a lot of those tracks (ie, all I could take and keep a sane mind).  Now that I think about it, I guess this round was for more of my own entertainment than anything else.  Some of that was torture, some I liked.  Most of you nailed the “wow, wasn’t expecting you’d like THAT” theme.

Lonestar: Cast of Cats - Gus: The Theatre Cat
Probably much better, and would appreciate it much more in the context of the whole show.  It'd be like listening to Come To Me (Fontaine's Death) all on it's own.  I can see how it's a mother of a tear jerker.
Result: Miserables (see what I did there?)

Ytse: Northern Kings - A View to a Kill
Symphonic metal cover of a good pop song. This is a 'guilty pleasure'?  Seems like a perfectly fine metal tune.  Really liked it, which isn't surprising with Marco (Nightwish) handling some of the vocals.  Amongst the rest of the tunes, I think the point of the theme was missed.  Matters not.
Result: Innocent!

King: Hanson - Carry You There
Actually kinda enjoyed this.  These kids got some decent chops.  Decent lyrics, and a very simple rock vibe.
Result: Slap Shot (see what I did there?)

JJ: Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
Alice Cooper doing pop.  And another contribution from a soundtrack (Friday the 13th part IV this time).  Big hunk of fromage this one was.
Result: kill kill kill kill, ha ha ha ha

Doc: Ben Folds Five - Brick
Nice piano melody.  Kinda liked this tune.  This may be one of the few worth re-visiting.
Result: Thick as a

Zydar: Bananarama - Love in the First Degree
Smart move... a nice quick 3 minute song.  Some of the best things about a guilty pleasure, is it doesn't over stay it's welcome.  Get in, get out.  Navy Seal-like.  Liked the horns.
Result: definitely guilty!

Coz: Tony Toni Tone - If I Had No Loot
Had a big grin on my face right from the get go.  Nice groove.  Sittin by the dock of the bay is what I felt like I was doing.
Result: Numbers are irrelevant

Obscure: The Pierces - Boring
Hot chicks; good vocals.  Nice melody.  Very Madonna like in some segments.  You got very sneaky with the convenient video submission.  However, to level the playing field, I restrained.  Now I will go back and re-watch (on mute)
Result: hot chicks = :drool:

Nekov: Underworld - Two Months Off
ugh... heavy electonic(a) to start.  Man, it's amazing how much influence Madonna did have on so many styles of music.  I never was in to the dance scene which this totally felt like.  First few minutes were tough.  When the main keyboard melody kicked in, that was ok.  Vocals were ok.  Might've liked the radio edit version (like half the length) more.  Music wasn't too bad, but the repetitiveness was a killin me!  Best part was the ending, as in it finally ended.
Result: End it already!

Wolf: Pete Murray - You Pick Me Up
Nice little track.  Mellow, almost folk-sy.  Yours was the last submission, so by this time, I'd been beaten into submission, and decided how I was going to handle this round.
Result: Resistence is futile

As I said at the beginning of the competition, this is mostly for shits and giggles.  But, Internetz is serious business, and I know you all have a very competitive spirit (at least, you better be), so... rewarding some for being the ‘cream of the crap’, or penalizing others because their own personal guilty pleasure is way out there relative to my tastes, wouldn’t be fair.  So, let’s hit it at Warp 10, go around the sun and pretend that round never happened.

Round 5 - Emotional Rescue

https://www.hark.com/clips/tnhjfkfqfx-seven-deadly-sins
Here, I want a song that ilicit's some kind of emotion.  Love, hate, rage, shame, lust, envy, pain, pride, wrath... whatever.  It can be in the title of the song, in the lyrics, or in the overall feel of the song.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Re: Jingle Boy's Roulette v. Round 4 results - Sentencing!
« Reply #446 on: May 22, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
Eh, bout what I expected, I'm cool with it. Got a song I've been dying to send, not sure if you'll dig it, but it's perfect for the round theme, and it's a killer song in my eyes....

EDIT- sent
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:10:47 PM by lonestar »

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2012, 01:19:29 AM »
I'm glad you liked it ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #448 on: May 23, 2012, 04:11:33 AM »
Well, I'm not surprised that you didn't like that but you wanted a guilty pleasure, you got it  :P

I'll have to think a little before sending the next song.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: May 23, 2012, 04:15:58 AM »
I know what I am sending.... damn this feels good...  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »
Oh if I had a nickel for everytime I heard a woman say that!

.... I could buy a couple of these.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: May 23, 2012, 04:26:56 AM »
Shit, again, I have no idea on what to send this round.  :facepalm:

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: May 23, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »
Oh if I had a nickel for everytime I heard a woman say that!

.... I could buy a couple of these.

Holy shit Chad  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #453 on: May 23, 2012, 04:34:57 AM »
Shit, again, I have no idea on what to send this round.  :facepalm:

Well, you better get on it bro.  We're back to where things count.

Oh, and side one-on-one matchups.

Nekov
Wolf

Lonestar
Ytse

King
JJ

Doc
Zydar

Coz
Obscure

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: May 23, 2012, 04:59:26 AM »
They brought their fuckig toy with them!!! :lol  Beauty Chad.

So were you taken back at how good the song was and how they grew up?  And were you equally shocked that I saw them and that I though they were real good live?  Trust me, I was! :lol