Author Topic: 2012-07-07 - ACL Live - Austin, TX  (Read 21994 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 2012-07-07 - ACL Live - Austin, TX
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
A dream come true, I was so sure that I'm gonna beat myself up later for forgetting to say something I wanted to say but it turned out beautifully.
Maybe the one thing that nagged my mind later was whether or not I was clear when I talked about ADTOE being my favorite album since SFAM that he didn't misunderstand it as me saying I haven't enjoyed anything you did since SFAM until ADTOE, which is not true and maybe a little rude as well. It could be all in my head as my paranoia about how well people understand what I'm saying in English kicks in. Not being my first language and all.

One thing I can tell you from my few interactions with John is that he totally gets the fact that even the most seasoned fans can get a bit starstruck and tongue-tied when meeting bandmembers, and he is very understanding of the fact that that happens and that things may not come out the way a fan intends when talking to him.  I can say with a prety high degree of certainty that if you were sincere in your appreciation of being able to meet him, that came across no matter what you actually said, and he would appreciate where you are coming from.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
What an artist.. thank you so much bosk. The nag in my mind is definitely gone now.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2012, 05:03:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5Jb1ozSxY

Another Day...I dunno if this has been posted yet, but it's a good performance by James.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
drew512 posted his AD video on Page 2.

Cool to have a different perspective though. :metal

EDIT:  Looks like whoever shot the video was to the left of where we were at.  Also looks like they got video of Metropolis too - as did drew.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
The moment the tickets went for sale the first 6 rows were gone, not as bad as the SA show but anyway, I'm not getting my front dream spot here either.
So I'm basing whether or not I'm going to this concert on finding people to go with, my wife and brother in law will be with me for the SA show so they're not coming to the Austin show or they'll come only cause I asked them and that's just a waste and kinda sad.
I just know if I decide to miss out on that concert they'll play a different set list than the SA one and I'll be smacking the back of my head with a flip flop about it..
I miss my home and my friends  :'( (But then I'll miss going to concerts heh)

I got first row of the Mezzanine level, right above the floor. Fantastic seats.  Did not want to sit on the fold outs on the floor for this one.