News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)

Started by XianL, April 30, 2009, 07:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prog Snob

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

Loop

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 15, 2017, 06:30:22 PM
Wait.

Are New Yorkers always this oblique? ;)

let me in on the joke or I'm siding with the Jersey boy

Loop

Quote from: cramx3 on April 15, 2017, 03:35:15 PM
As a Jersey boy, I agree to blame the New Yorker  :biggrin:

Welcome, or welcome back!

Thanks! ;D

Though I did not expect the Spanish (or NY) inquisition on arrival.  :yeahright

Prog Snob

Quote from: Loop on April 16, 2017, 02:17:03 AM
Quote from: Prog Snob on April 15, 2017, 06:30:22 PM
Wait.

Are New Yorkers always this oblique? ;)

let me in on the joke or I'm siding with the Jersey boy

I flat out said you might be someone else. Does that sound oblique to you?   ;)

Loop

Quote from: Prog Snob on April 16, 2017, 02:43:14 AM
I flat out said you might be someone else. Does that sound oblique to you?   ;)

And I asked you why, and you said "wait"...

Tbh I was wondering why I came onto a previously friendly forum and someone jumped down my throat accusing me of being (presumably) a PBP, on the "welcome" thread no less. Can I have the actual welcome package now please?  :angry:

jingle.boy

Loop... There's a former well known female poster here who has a history of jumping in and out of the forum - sometimes to share or create her own personal drama.  I think that's what Prog Snob was referencing.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Loop

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 16, 2017, 10:13:54 AM
Loop... There's a former well known female poster here who has a history of jumping in and out of the forum - sometimes to share or create her own personal drama.  I think that's what Prog Snob was referencing.

Hey, yeah I thought it would be something like that. I'm drama-free, promise. Most exciting thing I've done all day is check out the DT set list for the European leg (although in fairness that's pretty exciting as I'm seeing them in a few days).

Mr. Beale

Hello people!

I'm not actually a newb, just a lurker that hasn't logged in since my college days half a decade ago!  :lol

Figured I'd log in, maybe it'd encourage me to post some. :metal (man i love that metal emoji)

PB1

Prog Snob

The Silent Cody

Well, maybe not so new but LOST forum member ;) Hello again everyone, if anyone remembers me - good, if not - You will :P Cheers, my Freinds ;)  :yarr

hello_victoria

It looks like this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I thought I would give it a try.

Hi there! I am a first semester college student in the American Midwest. I'm studying chemistry, but I also play violin in my school's orchestra. When I am not studying or practicing, I like to take long walks while listening to music. I haven't been a DT fan for long (only since July/August), but they are now an important fixture of my daily soundtrack. I'm a little nervous about making my first post, but it is very exciting to be here.

Adami

So glad to see you my friend.

Anyway, now that that has been taken care of, where in the mid-west are you?
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

cramx3

Welcome and no need to be nervous, a friendly bunch here 

JayOctavarium

Quote from: Adami on November 28, 2017, 08:35:41 PM
So glad to see you my friend.

Anyway, now that that has been taken care of, where in the mid-west are you?

And this is why I love you

cramx3

Adami

Quote from: hello_victoria on November 29, 2017, 05:11:12 AM
I am in Kansas.

Oh cool. Where abouts? I grew up in St. Louis and have driven through Kansas a few times. Not a fun drive.

gmillerdrake

Quote from: hello_victoria on November 28, 2017, 08:32:15 PM
It looks like this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I thought I would give it a try.

Hi there! I am a first semester college student in the American Midwest. I'm studying chemistry, but I also play violin in my school's orchestra. When I am not studying or practicing, I like to take long walks while listening to music. I haven't been a DT fan for long (only since July/August), but they are now an important fixture of my daily soundtrack. I'm a little nervous about making my first post, but it is very exciting to be here.

Welcome!  :tup

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Chino

jingle.boy

Quote from: Chino on February 16, 2018, 06:07:27 AM
I think we already scared her away

Apparently!  And apparently I missed Adami already making the moves on her.  :eyebrows. 

:lol

Adami

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 16, 2018, 06:50:46 AM
Quote from: Chino on February 16, 2018, 06:07:27 AM
I think we already scared her away

Apparently!  And apparently I missed Adami already making the moves on her.  :eyebrows. 

:lol

She just decided to stay in Oz.

Also, having already dated someone I met on DTF, I am not going anywhere near that ever again.

lealman83

Hi Folks

My name is Steve and I am a Dream Theater fan from the UK, thank you for accepting me into the DT Community

Carpe Diem

jingle.boy

Welcome.  Have some bacon :godisgood:

Dear lord I need help if I can remember that emote code off the top of my head.   :lol

lonestar

Quote from: jingle.boy on March 15, 2018, 05:43:07 AM
Welcome.  Have some bacon :godisgood:

Dear lord I need help if I can remember that emote code off the top of my head.   :lol

Eh, I couldn't either...

Welcome dude.
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

The Walrus

Quote from: lealman83 on March 15, 2018, 04:03:18 AM
Hi Folks

My name is Steve and I am a Dream Theater fan from the UK, thank you for accepting me into the DT Community

Carpe Diem

Welcome, Steve!  :biggrin:

SweetDreams

Hello everyone! I'm a Dream Theater fan from the Chicago-area. I grew up with Once in a LiveTime and Train of Thought playing regularly in my house, but I didn't become a full-on Dream Theater fan until November 2013, when I heard Dance of Eternity for the first time. I'm happy to be here!

Scorpion

DTinTX

Hey everyone!  Sorry so late with this...  My name is Steve, I'm almost 52 and I live in Forney, TX, a little suburb of Dallas.  I'm an analyst for a huge power company headquartered in Irving, TX.  Yeah the commute is a beat down! 

Anyway, here's my Dream Theater story.  I was a drummer in high school (snare drum), and actually played on a drumline in Jr. College.  Back in '93 'ish I was hanging out with some other drummers from high school and my friend turned me on to Images and Words.  I was blown away.  I got back home and tried finding a copy in my local music shop to no avail.  As the story goes, I got married, had a couple of kids, moved to Dallas, lost track of the friends and completely forgot about this band.  Before you get any ideas, I'm pretty sure public lynching is illegal!   

Fast forward 23 years.  Wife is history, kids are grown and I'm starting to enjoy my chapter 2.  I was in a local music store desperately searching for some new music and there it was, "Falling Into Infinity".  Without hesitation I snagged it up for $5.99 and went on my way.  I was instantly hooked (again).  I honestly had no idea this band was still around and the incredible discography they had amassed.  Three years later I have every disk, every live video and was fortunate enough to catch them last year at the Music Factory in Irving.  I can't wait for DOT and barring some crazy event I will be at The Bomb Factory 4/29!  If you guys are planning a meet and greet let me know...

cramx3

Nice and welcome, I was also at that Music Factory show last year  :metal :metal