Author Topic: DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)  (Read 399422 times)

Offline Heavy Metal Hippie

Re: DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)
« Reply #2030 on: March 10, 2016, 05:25:25 AM »
Hi DTF,
I wanted to post in the doggy thread, but I didn't manage to insert the pictures of my two dogs. Those pics are on my hd.
Do I have to upload them somewhere else on the net first ?   

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2031 on: March 10, 2016, 05:37:37 AM »
Hi DTF,
I wanted to post in the doggy thread, but I didn't manage to insert the pictures of my two dogs. Those pics are on my hd.
Do I have to upload them somewhere else on the net first ?

Try signing up to an image hosting service like imgur.com, then upload the images there and link to them here when you create a post.

Drop the url of the image between the [ img ] tags in your post.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2032 on: March 10, 2016, 05:44:47 AM »
Photobucket is what I use, or I also use Facebook if I already have the photo there.

« Reply #2033 on: March 10, 2016, 05:58:50 AM »
Okay,cool & thanks.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2034 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:02 AM »
and welcome, BTW!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2035 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:09 AM »
Okay,cool & thanks.

If you decide to use Facebook, just right click on the picture and click "view image" and copy the URL from the address bar.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2036 on: March 10, 2016, 06:02:25 AM »
Oh yeah, welcome to your doom.

« Reply #2037 on: March 10, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »
My doom ?  What have I done ? I guess it's too late now.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2038 on: March 10, 2016, 07:06:06 AM »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #2039 on: March 31, 2016, 12:30:36 PM »
Hi again, I posted on here a few years ago but stopped out of laziness I guess. I still lurk and read a lot of the posts in various threads. Sort of an introvert I suppose. Anyway, a recent job promotion has me traveling the US and to a lesser extent the globe on occasion. I guess I figured posting here would allow me to possibly meet people out and about. Still technically in training but hopefully I'll be doing these visits by myself by the end of the year. Currently reside in good old Fall River, MA but I work in Johnston, RI. I'm going to try and do my best to post more often and try to engage with everyone here. Thanks

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2040 on: April 01, 2016, 05:37:41 PM »
Hi again, I posted on here a few years ago but stopped out of laziness I guess. I still lurk and read a lot of the posts in various threads. Sort of an introvert I suppose. Anyway, a recent job promotion has me traveling the US and to a lesser extent the globe on occasion. I guess I figured posting here would allow me to possibly meet people out and about. Still technically in training but hopefully I'll be doing these visits by myself by the end of the year. Currently reside in good old Fall River, MA but I work in Johnston, RI. I'm going to try and do my best to post more often and try to engage with everyone here. Thanks

I know Fall River well. Drove through there a few weeks ago. From the same neck of the woods. Grew up in Mattapoisett, but went to Stang and had friends from Fall River.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #2041 on: April 02, 2016, 06:31:45 AM »

I know Fall River well. Drove through there a few weeks ago. From the same neck of the woods. Grew up in Mattapoisett, but went to Stang and had friends from Fall River.

That's cool. Grew up in Fall River till the age of 10 then moved to Swansea and eventually moved back to Fall River a few years ago. I remember playing Stang back in high school when I played hockey. They destroyed us everytime  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2042 on: April 05, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »

That's cool. Grew up in Fall River till the age of 10 then moved to Swansea and eventually moved back to Fall River a few years ago. I remember playing Stang back in high school when I played hockey. They destroyed us everytime  :lol

I went to Stang before we had hockey. I was Class of '86.
My father taught there, and we tried a couple of times to get a team. We even went so far as getting ice time in New Bedford and played amongst ourselves. There were some pretty good players too.
The idea that my father pitched was to the school was that Connolly had hockey but no football, and Stang had football but no hockey. Since both were Fall River Diocese, the idea was to combine the schools for those two sports. We thought it made perfect sense.

Anyway, I'd like to think that all of our (his) work helped in eventually getting a team. I actually grew up playing youth hockey with the guy that was their first coach.

My Swansea story is that in the 80's we used to go to the Swansea Mall for concert tickets. Seemed no one ever went there. Dartmouth was closer, but you could get to Swansea around 5:00 AM and be first in line.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Khafka

« Reply #2043 on: April 16, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »
Greetings!

Another new guy here. Not really sure what to put. I'm from Scotland, big DT fan. Have been since Six Degrees. I'm also a big Doom and Drone Metal fan. Just ask if you want to know stuff, I guess!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #2044 on: April 17, 2016, 10:29:15 AM »
Greetings!

Another new guy here. Not really sure what to put. I'm from Scotland, big DT fan. Have been since Six Degrees. I'm also a big Doom and Drone Metal fan. Just ask if you want to know stuff, I guess!

Welcome, good sir! Have you ever been to see DT in concert in Scotland? If so, which venue(s)?

Offline Salies

« Reply #2045 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:39 AM »
Hi, worshippers of the Dark Master!

I was looking for a place to discuss about DT, and obviously, this forum was one of the first ones that I found.

My native language is Portuguese, 'cause I'm from Brazil. Please forgive any mistakes that I may make.

Now, it's time to discuss about Kevin Moore...or Count of Tuscany.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2046 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
Is that who I think it is in your avatar?

Offline Salies

« Reply #2047 on: April 19, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »
Is that who I think it is in your avatar?
Lindsey Stirling?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2048 on: April 19, 2016, 01:39:10 PM »
I thought so.  She's amazing.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2049 on: April 26, 2016, 03:16:53 PM »
Ok bear with me. I don't do this personal thing. It is just not m and I am not good at it.  But recently I have felt comfortable here.For reasons I keep a lot inside, has nothing to do with I do not want to share, just can not, job hazard lets say. kills me and try to let you guys/gals know me.

Ok the fun stuff, I lurked here since 2006, posted a bit under NJDTFAN. Life went its way. I have twin boys age 9, and am divorced since 2014, 49 years old. Been a DT fan since the Majesty days,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah I am old, lets say long Island/jersey club old. I am I fun loving nothing offends me dude,. Spend my time mostly in my job that takes me all over the States and mostly overseas. I can be around a while then away for awhile for work. In between work I am in the process of living in Jersey and just purchased in Florida where my sons and ex wife live..  Sold my house in Jerseyin 2015 but dealing with some stuff with my mother as my father passed last year and in the process of lets say moving her on from a house she no longer needs.
  Other than that .................that's the Trooper aka Marc
That said,

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2050 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
I'll post a recap since there's a fair split of old members and new ones here who won't know me. I'm Jen, been around since 2004 pretty steadily until a few years ago. I'm still constantly on the internet and closer/older friends and family members know where to find me usually. I'm 43, married, have three kids. The older two are boys, ages 20 and 22 - both have birthdays in June though. Growing up quick! My daughter is 13. She's into music and wants to make a career of it. She just got Student of the Quarter in music class, and her music teacher said it's clear to him that she's passionate about it and will go a long way with this. She's started drum lessons this school year and will begin private lessons soon. We should be ordering her first drum kit this week. She's super excited and so am I. :)

We had a diabetic rat terrier named Daisy who lived to be over 14 years old despite needing two insulin shots a day for her last many years. She died a couple of years ago. :( Now we have three cats that we adopted from a local shelter where my daughter and I volunteer. Two are sisters from the same litter, the third we adopted several months later. Then she promptly got extremely ill and we had to spend a lot of money to fix her up but she's good now. Some sort of infection stemming from when she got fixed at the shelter.

I'm a long-time DT fan, and even bigger Steven Wilson fan(atic). ok that's about it for now. :lol
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2051 on: April 26, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »
I'll post a recap since there's a fair split of old members and new ones here who won't know me. I'm Jen, been around since 2004 pretty steadily until a few years ago. I'm still constantly on the internet and closer/older friends and family members know where to find me usually. I'm 43, married, have three kids. The older two are boys, ages 20 and 22 - both have birthdays in June though. Growing up quick! My daughter is 13. She's into music and wants to make a career of it. She just got Student of the Quarter in music class, and her music teacher said it's clear to him that she's passionate about it and will go a long way with this. She's started drum lessons this school year and will begin private lessons soon. We should be ordering her first drum kit this week. She's super excited and so am I. :)

We had a diabetic rat terrier named Daisy who lived to be over 14 years old despite needing two insulin shots a day for her last many years. She died a couple of years ago. :( Now we have three cats that we adopted from a local shelter where my daughter and I volunteer. Two are sisters from the same litter, the third we adopted several months later. Then she promptly got extremely ill and we had to spend a lot of money to fix her up but she's good now. Some sort of infection stemming from when she got fixed at the shelter.

I'm a long-time DT fan, and even bigger Steven Wilson fan(atic). ok that's about it for now. :lol
:tup

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2052 on: April 26, 2016, 04:27:48 PM »
Feels weird to see the two of you in the "newb" / "introduce yourself" thread.  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2053 on: April 26, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »
LOL. Thought it was my time to do so  ;)

But my beard is much longer LOl

If in Joisey or near Orlando Chad, I go between them. add me too ur list honey :rollin

Partake in a beverage or 2
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:23:23 PM by The Trooper »

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #2054 on: April 26, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
Feels weird to see the two of you in the "newb" / "introduce yourself" thread.  :lol

Feels weird seeing you use bosk's old sig. :p
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #2055 on: April 28, 2016, 01:11:17 PM »
I'm surprised I didn't post in here earlier.

Hello. I'm Blackavar.

It's been three years. Didn't realize my online handle was Blackavar everywhere but here back then.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2056 on: April 29, 2016, 08:34:57 AM »

Feels weird seeing you use bosk's old sig. :p

I'm still using the Ron/Don theme too!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #2057 on: April 30, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
 :rollin

Offline don_waka

« Reply #2058 on: June 05, 2016, 08:19:34 PM »
Hey guys, new to the forum but not new to DT.

Greetings from Chile!

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2059 on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:45 AM »
I have no idea if I introduced myself.

I'm a native american, yes we exist. From the Hopi/Sandia tribe.

I figured you all get to know me...I play bass, sit around d at home....walk, crawl, run.
I enjoy many styles of music, and just love talking to people getting out.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Christeen

« Reply #2060 on: December 02, 2016, 12:29:28 AM »
Hello!
I was on DTF years ago so I decided to start fresh and make a new account. I'm 21 and from the East Coast of the US, I love Devin Townsend, and I do art (i drew my gross avatar). You can call me Bee  :D

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:53 AM »
Love the song Christeen by Devin. Welcome back

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2062 on: December 02, 2016, 12:11:22 PM »
Hi Christeen. Your avater looks sick. Good to have you here.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Christeen

« Reply #2063 on: December 02, 2016, 01:22:39 PM »
Thanks so much! It's really good to be back! Kind of weird recognizing so many people and knowing they have no idea who I am just I guess I'll get used to that haha

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2064 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »
I've been around almost forever. If you have ever been here, you've seen me at some point.

That's kind of sad, actually.