Author Topic: DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)  (Read 399738 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)
« Reply #1855 on: February 02, 2014, 12:46:45 AM »
So she's the one whose emoticon is :justjen

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1856 on: February 02, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »
So she's the one whose emoticon is :justjen

And :vfs:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1857 on: February 02, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »
Hi Jen, long time no see!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1858 on: February 02, 2014, 08:12:39 AM »
My name is JustJen. I think I may have been to someplace like this before a long long long time ago. Oh, right, this is my tenth anniversary at dtnet type places. Hey there everyone. Hope it's going swell.

I definitely remember the name.   

Offline Modah

• catterbrains
« Reply #1859 on: February 03, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »
Hey Jen! :hat

Online Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1860 on: February 03, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »
Good morning! My name is Katey and I'm just a normal Jewish princess born in a half-Anglo-Saxon prince's body. This used to make me pretty resentful until I started making serious changes in my life- stopped using drugs, started going to therapy, started accepting who I am, started realizing that there are some things I can't handle on my own. Now I feel pretty good a lot of the time, but not all the time. I like Daft Punk, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Dream Theater, Cascada, The Beatles, Porcupine Tree and lots of other assorted bands. I don't listen to everything, though. That would be difficult.

I prefer to call you catterbrains.  That would have made a most excellent handle.

Offline jahnnexx

« Reply #1861 on: February 10, 2014, 04:32:48 AM »
Hi guys, I'm a programmer living in Toronto. I live with my wife and my 5 month old daughter. My hobies are videogames, playing guitar and bass and photography. I am making music as a hobby.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
:welcome:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Modah

• catterbrains
« Reply #1863 on: February 21, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »
Good morning! My name is Katey and I'm just a normal Jewish princess born in a half-Anglo-Saxon prince's body. This used to make me pretty resentful until I started making serious changes in my life- stopped using drugs, started going to therapy, started accepting who I am, started realizing that there are some things I can't handle on my own. Now I feel pretty good a lot of the time, but not all the time. I like Daft Punk, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Dream Theater, Cascada, The Beatles, Porcupine Tree and lots of other assorted bands. I don't listen to everything, though. That would be difficult.

I prefer to call you catterbrains.  That would have made a most excellent handle.

I might like to change my name to that.

Offline ChrissMyazz

« Reply #1864 on: February 25, 2014, 02:56:19 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Patrick, I'm 41 yrs old... I'm from the Netherlands and I have been a fan for only 2 yrs now.
But notheless... I kinda live and breathe dream Theater now as it's been my favorite all along... I just never took the time to actually
listen to it like I have now. ( Iwas more into the heavier stuff back in the days)

Glad to be here, and I hope I can get to know you guys better and vice versa!

CM

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: February 25, 2014, 03:01:39 AM »
Hey Patrick - always nice to have another ( fellow ) senior citizen to chat with  ;D  Welcome.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ChrissMyazz

« Reply #1866 on: February 25, 2014, 03:37:06 AM »
Hehe thanks... I think... :lol

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1867 on: February 25, 2014, 05:41:18 PM »
Welcome, Patrick.  Nice to have another guy around here old enough to remember cassettes and vinyl from the first time around....  :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1868 on: February 25, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »
Rick, how old are you?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1869 on: February 25, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »
45.  Old enough to say I saw the cool bands live, young enough to still go to concerts and afford decent seats.   :lol :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1870 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »
46 in 2 weeks.  Old enough to be pissed at my Hemisphere's 8-track and how it split Cygnus X-1 Book II when changing sides. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1871 on: February 25, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
46 in 2 weeks.  Old enough to be pissed at my Hemisphere's 8-track and how it split Cygnus X-1 Book II when changing sides. :lol
I feel your pain, buddy!!   :lol

Offline ChrissMyazz

« Reply #1872 on: February 26, 2014, 01:54:16 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I feel at home already.
And yeah, I do remember cassettes, vinyl, VHS and even 8 track hehe, these were the best of times...
I could go back to vinyl, but  I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell the difference  :laugh:

CM

Offline haceeb

• When you surrender to the light, You can face the darkest days
  • I am bent, not broken
« Reply #1873 on: March 01, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »
Welcome Patrick  ;D

Offline PeaceLoveMetal7

• "As far as I could tell, there's nothing more I need. But still I ask myself, Could this be everything?"
  • wow. very text. such DT. many prog. so music wow.
« Reply #1874 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Megan. Thought I might as well join the forums. Been a DT fan ever since my ex introduced me to them a couple of years ago (he also got me into metal in the first place), started really getting into them about a year ago... and my current boyfriend and I are huge fans. First few songs I heard were Pull Me Under (obviously), Panic Attack, and I Walk Beside You. Favorite album is Octavarium.

Other stuff... I love science and I'm an environmentalist. Currently a freshman attending college in PA, although I originally hail from DT's homeland, Long Island! ^.^

Aaaaaand that's about it. Looking forward to some fun times on here!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1875 on: March 03, 2014, 12:58:58 PM »
Hi Megan. It's nice to see another New Yorker here. I'm from Staten Island.  Welcome! 

Offline PeaceLoveMetal7

• "As far as I could tell, there's nothing more I need. But still I ask myself, Could this be everything?"
  • wow. very text. such DT. many prog. so music wow.
« Reply #1876 on: March 03, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
Thanks, Prog Snob! Your name looks familiar... I'm guessing you admin the Facebook page "Prog Snob" as well?

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1877 on: March 03, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »
Welcome, Megan!!  :biggrin:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1878 on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »
Thanks, Prog Snob! Your name looks familiar... I'm guessing you admin the Facebook page "Prog Snob" as well?

No. That guy stole my name.   ;)   I'm a member of the page though. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Invisible

« Reply #1880 on: March 28, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
I've been here for a few months but never properly introduced myself. My name is Carlos, though most people call me Charlie because of my father(we have the same name), I'm from Resistencia, a city at the north of Argentina, though I lived in Buenos Aires the last 6 years until I recently dropped out of my studies(Economy and then History for less than a year), quit my job and moved back to my hometown after my monumental failure in the big city.
I'm 25 years old, play below-average guitar. My musical tastes are more mainstream and less metal and less prog than the average DT fan, as I'm more into U2, Queen, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Jamiroquai, Muse, Santana, some classical music, some blues and jazz(not much though), and some local rock bands from the '70,'80s and '90s, the most proggy of those I took my username from. I listen to some metal and some other progressive bands, but I'm not a big fan of any of them. I started listening to DT around 2009, became a fan of Awake and FII immediately, then I&W and SFAM, then I stoped listening for a while until I came back in 2011 and I started to dig the rest of the catalog I was just not ready for at the time, and now I'm trapped for life :biggrin:. Been lurking here for around two months before I finally decided to join in and hope to stay for a long time!

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1881 on: March 29, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
Welcome Carlos/Charlie!

Offline Invisible

« Reply #1882 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:56 AM »
Charlie will do :biggrin:, and thanks!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1883 on: March 31, 2014, 06:52:22 AM »
I've been here for a few months but never properly introduced myself. My name is Carlos, though most people call me Charlie because of my father(we have the same name), I'm from Resistencia, a city at the north of Argentina, though I lived in Buenos Aires the last 6 years until I recently dropped out of my studies(Economy and then History for less than a year), quit my job and moved back to my hometown after my monumental failure in the big city.
I'm 25 years old, play below-average guitar. My musical tastes are more mainstream and less metal and less prog than the average DT fan, as I'm more into U2, Queen, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Jamiroquai, Muse, Santana, some classical music, some blues and jazz(not much though), and some local rock bands from the '70,'80s and '90s, the most proggy of those I took my username from. I listen to some metal and some other progressive bands, but I'm not a big fan of any of them. I started listening to DT around 2009, became a fan of Awake and FII immediately, then I&W and SFAM, then I stoped listening for a while until I came back in 2011 and I started to dig the rest of the catalog I was just not ready for at the time, and now I'm trapped for life :biggrin:. Been lurking here for around two months before I finally decided to join in and hope to stay for a long time!

Bienvenido!
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Invisible

« Reply #1884 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:40 PM »
Gracias capo!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1885 on: April 03, 2014, 05:08:35 AM »
Wow, so many new faces! Welcome everybody!!  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline SwipeyDipey

« Reply #1886 on: April 26, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
Hello! I am new to this board. I have never been here before. My name is Nathan, lol. I am a fan of the band Dream Theater. I hope to get to know you all as I am unfamiliar with this forum! Ha, have a good day everybody!

Offline haceeb

• When you surrender to the light, You can face the darkest days
  • I am bent, not broken
« Reply #1887 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:30 AM »
 :tup Welcome Nathan  ;)

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
« Reply #1888 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:28 AM »
Yo, I'm Paul (17) from Serbia, I play piano (all the time) and keyboards (in the leisure time).
I play in a band called ''Parnassus'', we are prog metal, only have 3 songs for now, they're not available on the internet yet. We also play covers, currently working on the Metropolis pt 1, almost done, I'll upload that as soon as we finish it. And I'm a chemist, but physics and maths are welcome as well. That's all for now :D
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1889 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »
Welcome Paul! Chopin is epic. It's cool to have another chemist here, I think we have a few but the more scientists, the better! I'm a geologist/geophysicist myself. I play piano too, although I've only been playing since last September.