General > General Discussion

DTF Official Newb Welcome Thread v. 2.0 (Introduce yourself here!)

(1/456) > >>

XianL:
As you may have deduced from the title, this is our newb-greeting thread!

Introduce yourself, tell us a bit about yourself if you like, where you're from, who you listen to, anything you'd like to share! You'll get a warm welcome from us, or at least a playful teasing.

Super Dude:
BUMP

Welcome to the unofficial official Dream Theater Forums!  Introduce yourselves here. :)

chrisnolan:
Ok, well, I'll be the first person then!

Hey all! I've been a lurker on the original (official) forums, and the previous incarnation(s?) of these forums for ages...but actually decided to get involved now. I'm a huge DT fan, fairly obviously I guess, but they hold a special place for me as the band that got me back into music when I was younger...after becoming bored of mainstream stuff. A recommendation from a friend opened a whole new world for me, which has been amazing. There is nothing quite like getting all hyper for a new DT record!   :D

In terms of music I listen to all sorts of stuff now, but particular favorites are Threshold, Transatlantic, Pink Floyd, Angels & Airwaves (can't explain that, just love the style), Rush and Galahad. There are tonnes more, but those are what come to mind.

As for background, I'm a (soon to be) Computer Science graduate from England and work in defence.

Chris

Super Dude:
Yay our first noob!  And a long-standing one too!  Welcome, enjoy your stay and post often! :)

XianL:
Welcome cris! Enjoy your stay.

--- Quote from: chrisnolan on May 03, 2009, 04:04:58 PM ---There is nothing quite like getting all hyper for a new DT record!   :D

--- End quote ---

I hear you loud and clear :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version