Author Topic: Diablo III Thread. Who's excited?!  (Read 22586 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Diablo III Thread. Who's excited?!
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »
They're completely different games. Skyrim offers a non-linear, open world experience with first person controls and a wide variety of things to do outside of combat.

Diablo III is a much more linear, isometric third person RPG with a heavy emphasis on combat. There's a definitive story with a set beginning and end, and less customization in the characters.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:28 AM »
Cool, thanks, I'll skip this then, as what you mentioned about Skyrim is some of the reasons I enjoyed that game so much, and I don't think I'd like this nearly as much.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »
I'm about to freak out. I don't recall my security question answer and i don't have the keys for my games listed anywhere. Aka, I can't unlock my accoubt

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
In Hell act 3 now.

It seems like they fixed a lot of problems with the AH too.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »
That is a bit of a shit sandwich, Snap.

I'm about to fight (attempted to last night and died right as he was at about an inch of life left) SLIGHT SPOILERS EVEN THOUGH I'M PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE IN THIS THREAD WHO IS STILL IN ACT I: The Butcher. He doesn't seem all that hard but a fucking stupid friend joined my game, thus making him stronger, and yet I didn't see him in the boss room at all, so he just made the enemies stronger and didn't help me.  :lol Asshole. So I'm gonna go kick his ass and show him why I'm the demon cunter.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
Half hour waiting to get on the line with customer support. I only put up with it because I don't know what "suspicious activity" is that dictatws my account being locked. Either way, took them 2 minutes to talk to me and unlock my account. I only called because it may have been someone spending money with my card. Thank God it wasn't.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
I'm still on Act I TioJorge, and I'm not even at the Butcher :P

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »
Anyone who longs for the dark, gritty atmosphere of the first two games should try DarkD3.  It's the same kind of thing as the injectors and ENBSeries used in Skryim and other games.    This one, in particular, greatly reduces the bloom (brightness/blurriness), desaturates, and sharpens the graphics.  The blurriness is so intense in vanilla Diablo 3 that I almost feel disoriented looking at it now after using DarkD3 (you can turn it off on-the-fly with the Pause key to see the difference).  I'm using the "Stronger" preset, personally.  Screenshots don't really do it justice, but shows a general idea.  Keep in mind, though, that while the D3 game director said it's shouldn't be considered a cheat, that doesn't guarantee anything.

Before:

After:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:50:00 PM by HarlequinForest »

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
 :lol

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »
Just killed Inferno Act 2 final boss (Belial) on my DH.  So frustratingly annoying...took me a good 50 attempts.  Get hit by anything and you die.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
Finished Act I at level 16.  Level 18 right now and I just died to EVERYTHING as I was escaping the castle.  :censored

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
Just killed Inferno Act 2 final boss (Belial) on my DH.  So frustratingly annoying...took me a good 50 attempts.  Get hit by anything and you die.

What direction are you going with your gear?  Glass cannon, or gear with vit + resist all?  Can't decide which way I want to go.  Some people say you get one-shot with or without resists, other say that is BS; I don't know who to believe.  I just started Act 2 Inferno. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:47 PM »
Man, I am really excited about getting this game. But it's almost summer and only three weeks until my vacation starts, I don't want to spend it at home playing a game. Perhaps I'll hold out until August or something.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »
Finished Act II today on my DH (which was incredibly frustrating).  When I solo I feel like I die way more than I should be.  I'm level 25, but I'm dying a bunch of times in the first quest of Act III.  I mean I know I can't suck THAT badly at the game!

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »
guys... i cheated from levels 50 -  60... now im an extremely bad player with a level 60 char.. oh and massivly under geared..

.. moral of this post is DONT CHEAT YOUR WAY TO 60 qq

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Just killed Belial on Inferno.  Damn, that was fun; reminds me of trying to conquer a raid boss in WoW.  The second phase (boss + snakes) is frickin' hectic.  My winning attempt was actually my worst attempt.  I was scrambling around so hard, and I dodged most everything by pure luck.  By the end of the phase, I was completely drained of Hatred and Discipline; it was a miracle that it ended when it did.  I beat phase 3 first try, though, because Nether Tentacles does so much damage that it went by so quickly.  Took me 10 - 15 tries total.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
guys... i cheated from levels 50 -  60... now im an extremely bad player with a level 60 char.. oh and massivly under geared..

?? cheated?

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

What direction are you going with your gear?  Glass cannon, or gear with vit + resist all?  Can't decide which way I want to go.  Some people say you get one-shot with or without resists, other say that is BS; I don't know who to believe.  I just started Act 2 Inferno.

I'm just stacking damage.  I'm almost done w/ act 3 and everything hits me for at least 50k.  I have very little resists, and if I stacked them I would lose so much damage that it would be exponentially harder to kill things.  Besides, theres not much difference in being 1 shotted and being 3 shotted.

And I've found that the best defense is a good offense...just kill shit before they have a chance to kill you.  Also, I think I've only ever bought about 10 things off the AH, so I'm not overly geared or anything.  I had very low DPS for the final boss in Act 2 which is why it was so annoying to beat him.

But I've yet to try stacking resist so I'm not sure how effective it is.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »

?? cheated?

lmao not cheated but exploits ftw. theres a boss (Kulle) you get 4 people (1 level 60 and 3 level 50+) the level 60 kills Kulle then everyone joins the level 60s game. The guy who killed the boss then grabs the stone after everyone joins. then everyone leaves. The lowest level hits "resume game" and turns in that quest. then they join the next lowest level players game, they turn it in. then they BOTH join the next persons game and turn it in again. THEN you all join the level 60's game. after you all join. the level 60 leaves, and then you turn in. You join the level 60's game AGAIN and he stays and you can turn it in again.

The quest is worth 95k EXP so if you were the lowest level you just turn in 475k EXP in roughly 2 minutes. Then you repeat this till everyones 60, you also gain 2500 gold each turn in too.

It sounds messy but once you get the rotations down its quick as hell. but yes thats how i went from 50-60 in like an hour and 15 minutes.

lolexploits gl hf

kulle

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2012, 03:38:57 PM »

That's what auction house is for. Which is something I am enjoying way more than the actual game by the way  :lol. Buying and selling to become a multi millionaire!

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »

I'm just stacking damage.  I'm almost done w/ act 3 and everything hits me for at least 50k.  I have very little resists, and if I stacked them I would lose so much damage that it would be exponentially harder to kill things.  Besides, theres not much difference in being 1 shotted and being 3 shotted.

And I've found that the best defense is a good offense...just kill shit before they have a chance to kill you.  Also, I think I've only ever bought about 10 things off the AH, so I'm not overly geared or anything.  I had very low DPS for the final boss in Act 2 which is why it was so annoying to beat him.

But I've yet to try stacking resist so I'm not sure how effective it is.

I agree, it's become pretty apparent for me over the last few days that all damage is the way to go.  I think + Max Discipline is the only defensive stat we need; I have +10 on my quiver and +10 on my chest, and that alone can double your Smoke Screen uptime (even though 50 Disc isn't quite double 30, the amount of time it takes to deplete it allows for enough regen to gain an additional SS). 

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: June 03, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »
So I abandoned my Demon Hunter and went back to the Monk I started as my first character.  Beat Diablo today.  Hella satisfying.  Been using a tanky dodge-based build.  I love being able to tank all those mobs of enemies that would have surrounded and killed my demon hunter easily. :P  Think I'll try a witch doctor next. 

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »
I'm up to level 52 on my Monk.  I am in Hell now.  It seems like Hell will be a bit difficult to solo.  I might have to rethink my build.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
Snapple, my Battle.Net account gets locked for "suspicious activity" every time I log on using my university's wifi. Did you try to access the game through a public connection? That might have been what happened.

Finished Act I at level 16.  Level 18 right now and I just died to EVERYTHING as I was escaping the castle.  :censored

lol

lol
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
Snapple, my Battle.Net account gets locked for "suspicious activity" every time I log on using my university's wifi. Did you try to access the game through a public connection? That might have been what happened.

lol

lol

lol

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
So I abandoned my Demon Hunter and went back to the Monk I started as my first character.  Beat Diablo today.  Hella satisfying.  Been using a tanky dodge-based build.  I love being able to tank all those mobs of enemies that would have surrounded and killed my demon hunter easily. :P  Think I'll try a witch doctor next.

Yes, monk is awesome fun until Inferno.  No more AoE.  I am in Act I inferno now, and I am using all four of my defensive moves, mantra of conviction, and then deadly reach for attack.  Its 75% kiting, 25% attacking.  You can take 4-5 hits before you are dead.  My strat is maxing out DPS, vitality, resists, with 11% run speed on boots, and the slowing aura from Mantra Conviction.

All the other ranged classes can do inferno relatively fine, like Fiberglass mentioned above.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »
Words cannot express how much I hate those #@?! grenade throwing monkeys in act 2.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »
Getting my ass kicked in act 1 hell on my monk. I don't know if I need gear or if I need to kite

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
you need gear imo. im re running hell geared a lot better and im just demolishing everything in my path.

... Inferno actually makes me want to end my life.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »
Seems like at later difficulties your task is to constantly improve your gear.  Thanks to AH dickbags that outbid me at the last second this hasn't been going well for me all the time.  :lol

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
Buyout, son.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »
How do you stop your "follower" from babbling incessantly, or at least make it so that their dialogue, including your responses, don't show up in the main screen?  I guess I'm okay with them showing up in the "chat" area on the left, but last night I got into a pretty interesting fight while he was babbling about Templar history or something, and I nearly died because the words were showing up in the middle of the screen.  Pretty distracting.

Also, the mini-map at the upper right, is there any way to hide that?  Pressing Tab (as in D2) brings up the full-screen mini-map or hides it, but the on-screen one seems to always be there.  In D2 you could hide it or show it, also move it around.  I never used it anyway, and now I seem to be stuck with it on all the time.  I looked through all the controls and couldn't find any way to squelch either of these things.

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
Played some Diablo III yesterday, and got up to, and past, the Azmodan fight. And I thought "damn, he was easier than Belial.. And Azmodan is supposed to be "greater" than Belial".
So I said to myself, if Azmodan was easier to beat than Belial, then how will the last boss turn out if this continues?

But overall, I think Diablo 3 is a blast to play as a Barbarian  :biggrin:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »
Buyout, son.

NO ONE PUTS THAT OPTION ON THEIR STUFF :(

either that or its like "Oh you want this pretty good level 30 gear?  50,000."