Author Topic: Diablo III Thread. Who's excited?!  (Read 22587 times)

Offline soundgarden

Re: Diablo III Thread. Who's excited?!
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
I just finished Skeleton King on Hell mode.  I am noticing more and more that CC's, and evasive moves are becoming more and more important for survival.  At lower difficulties my monk was specced strongly for AoE, I could have all the enemies around me and survive using dodge and Transcendence (its a passive that heals me every time I do any move that cost spirit).  Now I am so scared to be around more than a couple of mobs; I had to spec out to single target dps with alot of mobility.

Kosmo

« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »
Started a Demon Hunter a few days back, in the beta it was my least favorite class but after you get past level 25 or so it starts to get badass. Really fun.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
Yea, demon hunter (level 60 now :D) started of rather meh for me as well but it definitely gets a lot better. I also have a monk (level 33). All the other classes don't really seem that fun to me..

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
manohmanohman my brother showed me the game since I came home, it looks so good! I don't have time to play it properly so I'm just gonna watch all the clips  :laugh:

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
Never played a diablo game, so I picked up the Diablo 2 Battle Chest and am installing it now.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »
Never played a diablo game, so I picked up the Diablo 2 Battle Chest and am installing it now.

Prepare to say goodbye to social life as you know it.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
Watched the clips. SO. MUCH. AWESOME.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »

Prepare to say goodbye to social life as you know it.

Maybe this was a bad time to buy...I'm moving out of my house into an apartment next Friday and Saturday...   :-\

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
i just got started and got my character sorted out a couple of days ago. today i'm trying to play and it won't let me login to the battle account. i put in the tag and password and the login icon is not highlighted. what's up with that?
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
You log in with your e-mail address, not your battle tag.  That's at least the culprit for other people with the same problem.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:27 AM »
Finally cleared the game on normal. I think I'm gonna play through normal again with a wizard before I attempt Nightmare.

edit: these credits are so long O____O
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2012, 03:55:44 AM »
Just press escape and skip them :p.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2012, 03:58:08 AM »
Nooooooo I want to see how long they last.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
You log in with your e-mail address, not your battle tag.  That's at least the culprit for other people with the same problem.

yea that worked, thanks.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
Level 53 Barbarian working through Hell difficulty, just dropped the Skeleton King. Finding that the trash packs are tougher than the bosses-I've ran into some combos that make me just reset the entire dungeon rather than die endlessly to them. Really fun game though.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »
About to download it! Wootrz!!! Next two days off (for the first time in forever time)! SUPER WOOT!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
Played a Barb for about 7 or so hours. Got to level 25 on a friends account, barely started Act III. I rushed and didn't explore extra or follow the story and I thought it was awesome. Big D2 fan here, I got my taste of D3 but I'm still going to wait longer on getting it. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
So, it's still downloading, but I played it a bit from it's 'playable' status (it played fine, my internet is crazily fast right now..it's downloading at 1.50-2 mb/s) for about 40 min. and it's so fucking amazing. It is a complete package and everything I hoped for, leaving me satisfied and satanic. Wooooot! I can't wait till it's finished downloading. It's funny, even though it's built to be played online so that I can sit here alone at my house with my super-saiyan-speed internet whilst my friend, at his house with tortoise-speed internet plays with me with no detriment to me... I still want to go over there with the four others playing it (hence the speed...urgh; our old-school ways) and geek out. Which I am, unless it's unplayable then I'm cool with some lag for a lot more enjoyment. Especially when it just so happens three of the four are starting the game with me so.. Good stuff. But it's cool the playtime doesn't have to end whenever I have to come back home. Haven't so much as had a hiccup with the game so I'm glad all the server problems and gossips haven't reached me yet.

P.S. Typing this from my new, sexy wireless keyboard. Great night! More Devil Tres!

P.P.S. I'm a Demon Hunter and I'm level 3. Lawlz I'll FUCK YOU UP! I expect by Tuesday night to be level 30 at least. No joke. Two days off in a row since I don't know when and *TRONMODE*

RIP DTP.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
I'm not a fan of forced online.  I get 90-100ms latency at best, which isn't bad, but it spikes at times, due to server strain or other factors.  I also don't like having to re-clear an entire zone because I disconnected before reaching a checkpoint.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »
So I totally forgot that I have a copy of Diablo II. My friend gave it to me 2 years ago and I never played it. What should I expect? Is it basically the same as D3? I know there's a talent tree system in place of D3's skill selection, but is it true that the choices you make are permanent?

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »
Aaaah it's such a good game.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
Jesus this game is dangerous. I played until 5:30 AM last night and woke up at 10 all excited to play again, then passed out with the keyboard on my lap and then woke up at 1:30 PM ready to play and now I've been grinding for an hour cause fuck the butcher. I'm still getting used to playing a PC game with all these fancy macros and whatnot since it's been forever since I last had to use the keyboard as a controller but it's so damn fun. Sometimes it gets overwhelming but for the most part it's downright angel dust.

I'm now a lvl 15 Demon Hunter and I can't wait for some new abilities. It's so fun planning what moves to use on who and laying traps and all that good Diablo stuff. Ohhhh boy! Two days off has never been so exciting (and lazy).

RIP DTP.

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
Just started nighmare with my wizard. I doubt i will make it much further than nightmare though. Diablo kicked my ass a couple of times even on normal :D. Really fun game though.
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2012, 10:06:20 PM »
Bought it today.  Playing with a friend through Normal now, though we only got to play an hour.  I started a Monk and its good fun.  :D

EDIT: Started a demon hunter for solo adventures and having just as much fun. :metal
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:17:45 PM by skydivingninja »

Offline Jaq

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:14 PM »
Level 55 Barbarian, in Act II of Hell Difficulty. I didn't think I'd get this far, and yes, it's goddamn addicting. I keep telling myself, okay, time to stop, and an hour later I'm still going. Blizzard knows how to make video game crack.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2012, 04:22:58 AM »
I know exactly what you mean. I just woke up two hours early for some reason, and instead of going back to sleep, I figured I'd get some Diablo in before work.

Edit: lol nevermind, Tuesday morning maintenance. Considering I've been playing WoW for over 4 years...I should have expected this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:29:10 AM by Gadough »

Offline Jaq

« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2012, 12:33:25 PM »
It was extended, too. And I am pleased to report that it seems, regardless of the game they play, Blizzard players display the same stunning lack of knowledge about server maintenance. They seem to think Blizzard can expect unexpected problems.

That's what unexpected fucking means.

Offline FiberglassMoon

« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
Anyone here doing Inferno yet?  Been taking my time on my Demon Hunter and I'm almost through Act 2....just finished the Zoltun Kulle fight.

Lets just say that sometimes I feel Blizzard picked the wrong definition of difficult when they designed Inferno. I know its meant to be extremely challenging, but often times I find I can't enjoy the challenge of being 1 shotted by every mob And I'm playing a very strong class...can't even imagine how the Barbs/WDs/Monks feel.

The game is certainly very fun, but at the same time has many flaws that must be addressed.

Kosmo

« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2012, 04:09:08 AM »
Inferno summed up nicely:

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
 :rollin

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2012, 07:51:19 AM »
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Anyone here doing Inferno yet?  Been taking my time on my Demon Hunter and I'm almost through Act 2....just finished the Zoltun Kulle fight.

Lets just say that sometimes I feel Blizzard picked the wrong definition of difficult when they designed Inferno. I know its meant to be extremely challenging, but often times I find I can't enjoy the challenge of being 1 shotted by every mob And I'm playing a very strong class...can't even imagine how the Barbs/WDs/Monks feel.

The game is certainly very fun, but at the same time has many flaws that must be addressed.

Barbarians are impossible to Inferno. You need RANGE to survive that shit, and well...Barbarians aren't ranged.

Also

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2012, 08:27:43 AM »
Apparently my account has been locked. I'm on my honeymoon. I'm having a friend checking to see if he can log in to make sure the email I got wasnt a scam. Even if my account has been hacked and i am missing everything, I don't mind starting anew.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Nuts. It is locked.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2012, 08:47:13 AM »
Can someone give me a brief difference between what this game offers and what Skyrim offered?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1