Author Topic: Self-entitled monsters  (Read 1287 times)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
Self-entitled monsters
« on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
I know a girl named Lindsey. Lindsey is a fairly friendly person, but there's something about her that bugs me to no end. Lindsey is a self-entitled monster who expects everything to go perfectly for her and if it doesn't, she blames others for her failures. Some examples/history:

- When Lindsey was in Grade Nine, she got a 92% on an English essay. Her mom scheduled a meeting with the teacher and when she was done, Lindsey's grade was raised to a 95%. Easy to see how Lindsey's self-entitlement began. ::)

- When Lindsey was a freshman in college, she discovered she was scheduled to have two final exams on the same day. Horrified, she begged her teacher to move one of the exams, and since then has continued to do so, refusing to take two exams in one day even though everyone else does.

- For her term paper in an upper-level history class, Lindsey had her professor give her not only her research topic, but also her bibliography. No one else received such help. When I asked her why she didn't do everything herself, she replied, "How am I supposed to find books if no one gives me them?" I told her I found all my books myself, and she was shocked. Lindsey ended up getting an A- on her paper, and upon discovering her grade, shouted, "Why didn't I get an A? He should have given me an A! I'm so mad. He should give me As."

I have countless other examples of Lindsey being a self-entitled monster, but I won't bore you with those. Essentially, this is a person who expects everything to go perfectly for her and if it doesn't, it's unacceptable. I really hope there are not more people like this out there.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Self-entitled monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
I don't know how old you are, but let me calm your anger by saying: Those are the people that fall flat on their noses in the real life. Happens invariably.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:13:32 AM »
Sounds like a life of dissatisfaction just waiting to be born.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
to be fair, she is showing initiative.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:56 AM »
Grade 9. Haha, Canadians.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
I assume she's hot. Cause let's face it, guys wouldn't listen to her otherwise.

In this case she'll probably be fine. Hot girls can easily manipulate what they want if they whine enough. That or she'll get married as soon as she realizes that life is too hard to work at and she'll find a successful guy who wants a hot wife that demands things from him (they're out there in plenty).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
I don't know how old you are, but let me calm your anger by saying: Those are the people that fall flat on their noses in the real life. Happens invariably.

rumborak

Oh I bet! :lol I'm actually surprised it hasn't started biting her in the ass sooner.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
I got a hundred that says she is a terrible lay.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:31 PM »
At first, I thought this thread was going to be about children.  I'd have put money on it.

That said, the ex, Satan, is a sad, pathetic, self-entitled, responsibility-dodging monster and an attention whore.  Fuck her and the chick in the OP.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
This so totally.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »
Grade 9. Haha, Canadians.

TOX Profile:

Anyhoo... it's the society we're growing these days, and I bloody well hate it.  Everyone gets a medal, right?  Kids don't know the pain of failure.  Do you know my kids school doesn't hand out F's anymore?  They're called R's (I think for Re-do).  Jingle.daughter got 18/50 on a math test recently, and it was graded R, and she had the ability to re-write it.  Mrs Jingle and I do our best to teach the kids they get what the deserve and work for in life, but seriously, there's too much in this society that literally is handed to kids.

Here's the problem with that Rumby... the whole fucking world is gonna be filled with adult versions of "Lindsey" in about 10 or 20 years, and they will be the adults living "real life".  I don't know whether it's a bad or good thing.  IE, are we moving to a more utopian "Star Trek" society where everyone and everything is equal?  Don't mean to turn this into something more appropriate for P/R, but I honestly don't know whether this "entitled" generation will be happier or worse off for it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
Ice cream after the game is the medal. Don't give a kid an actual fucking medal if they lose. I've had my feelings hurt and dreams crushed as a child. And by god, my kids are going to need that if they want to survive on their own in this world. Especially considering how they haven't been born yet. I think Barto calls it "pussification"

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:37 PM »
I remember when I was a kid and I got a medal for losing something. I pretty much said "Well that's pretty pointless...". Guess I was a smarter one, ha.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
I remember when I was a kid and I got a medal for losing something. I pretty much said "Well that's pretty pointless...". Guess I was a smarter one, ha.

Well, you don't come off as the kind of person who had parents that told you were perfect at everything and the world owed you everything. Those are the kids that need to learn how to fail.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
My girlfriend's roommate got an Easter basket from her mother.  She then called her mother just to shout at her about how nothing she wanted was in there, and she was just going to throw it away because she wasn't going to use any of it.  About thirty minutes of this ensued, and then she decided to say shit like "mom I don't want to fight about this why do you always have to start things?"  This is a sophomore in college who likes to preach about how bad it is that people have such a sense of entitlement, and that her supposed lack of such entitlement is a sign of her humility.  :puke:

Honestly, I think the problem is more with parents than teachers/school/society.  I don't think kids cherish those "participant" ribbons in swim meets.  I know I didn't once I hit age 5 and learned what the word meant.  Once I started getting 1st/2nd/3rd ribbons, THOSE I cherished.  Parents that go on about how great their kids are and manipulate their kids' grades are the problem, IMO. 

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
Hit the bitch.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »

Like shagging a door mat.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »

Like shagging a door mat.

Only way you'd be able to tell if she came is if she dropped her cell phone.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
Only way you'd be able to tell if she came is if she dropped her cell phone.

Wait, women can do that too?   :huh: