General > General Music Discussion

The Tangent Official Thread - 13th Album, "To Follow Polaris" May 10th

<< < (2/46) > >>

senecadawg2:
The Music That Died Alone sounds really good from what I've heard... just wish it was on grooveshark.

darkshade:

--- Quote from: senecadawg2 on April 26, 2012, 02:44:31 PM ---The Music That Died Alone sounds really good from what I've heard... just wish it was on grooveshark.

--- End quote ---

Just buy it. Before COMM came out, I had to buy every Tangent album except The World That We Drive Through because there was no other way to hear or sample them other than actually purchasing their music (I don't like sampling music on youtube or anything like that). COMM was the exception as my local shop had it on release day and I picked that shit up real quick.

Phoenix87x:
I love The Music that Died alone 100% all the way through. I bought that album solely for the album art and it turned into a fantastic surprise.

Down and out is a little more lopsided, where as I love Where are they now, but don't really listen to the rest that much.

Those are the only two albums I have so far. 

ColdFireYYZ:
The Music That Died Alone
COMM
A Place In The Queue
The World That We Drive Through
Down and Out In Paris and London

Don't have Not As Good as the Book.
The only one I can't get into is Down and Out In Paris and London. Where Are They Now is good but the rest of the album drags.

The Letter M:

--- Quote from: ColdFireYYZ on April 28, 2012, 01:17:46 PM ---The Music That Died Alone
COMM
A Place In The Queue
The World That We Drive Through
Down and Out In Paris and London

Don't have Not As Good as the Book.
The only one I can't get into is Down and Out In Paris and London. Where Are They Now is good but the rest of the album drags.

--- End quote ---

Definitely get NAGATB - the epics on Disc 2 are worth the price alone, but Disc 1 is full of great stuff too!

Nice ranking, although interesting to see COMM so high, but it is pretty good. I do enjoy the "Fantasy Bootleg" cover of "Watcher Of The Skies". They nailed the Jon Anderson voice! :lol

Also, what are all your thoughts on A Place On The Shelf? I think Andy's take on "The Rite Of Spring" is very unique, if a bit hard to get into, but then again so was Stravinsky's original piece, so in all fairness, Andy did a good job of trying to convey the original's feel.

-Marc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version