Author Topic: 2012-07-14 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ  (Read 40647 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 2012-07-14 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »
Major Thirteenth, I completely get where you are coming from.  But I have two problems with your series of posts:  (1) you are personally insulting others, both in your general tone and in terms of actual namecalling, which is against forum rules, and (2) you are taking the thread WAY off topic, which is also against forum rules.  Given that you are a stickler for rules (nothing wrong with that), please respect the rules of this forum.  Thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
But you agree with me. That shooting stills or motion pictures of the onstage performance violates the rules.

Also, I did not call anyone on the forum a name, I referred to concertgoers who violate the rules, causing security to get involved, as lamebrains.

Finally, the byline for this forum reads: "Discuss everything related to Dream Theater shows, setlists, meet-ups, etc."

Would not discussing concert attendance rules and violations thereof be completely on topic?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:44:02 AM by Major Thirteenth »

Offline DT2003

« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2012, 11:50:27 AM »
But you agree with me. That shooting stills or motion pictures of the onstage performance violates the rules.

Again, PNC's policy is to allow pictures.  They allowed pictures during The Crimson ProjeKCt, per their site they allow pictures, and at the gates people we told their camera's were fine.  So if people were just taking pictures, then NO they were not breaking the rules!

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

Again, PNC's policy is to allow pictures.  They allowed pictures during The Crimson ProjeKCt, per their site they allow pictures, and at the gates people we told their camera's were fine.  So if people were just taking pictures, then NO they were not breaking the rules!

I think the point was Dream Theater, not CP. IF CP is good and the venue is good, then so am I: for CP. Shooting the onstage performance is a no go for DT, unless they change their policy, which is presently no onstage performance photos. And certainly video is never legal anywhere anyhow.

Anyway, we've beat this to death I'm sure all would agree. And all will undoubtedly keep doing as they are doing, or not doing, as the case may be. Time to shower up for the first of two sure to be great Huntington shows, followed by some action in AC (DT and poker, yeah!).

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »

Whether I agree or disagree with you or not is irrelevant. 

Also, I did not call anyone on the forum a name, I referred to concertgoers who violate the rules, causing security to get involved, as lamebrains.

And several people in this thread expressed that they are some of those concertgoers and/or expressed their disagreement with you.  Your reaction to those posts strongly suggests that you are in fact lumping those forum members in with that group of "lamebrains." 

Finally, the byline for this forum reads: "Discuss everything related to Dream Theater shows, setlists, meet-ups, etc."

Would not discussing concert attendance rules and violations thereof be completely on topic?

The problem is, THIS thread is about the NJ show.  In context, a few posts about the photo policy at that show are fine.  But your crusade against people who take pictures at shows in multiple posts is taking the thread away from the intended topic of the NJ show. 

If you want to start a thread about the camera policy is general, have at it.  Just don't derail this thread with it, and watch your tone.  Insults and more general inflammatory or derogatory posts will get you in trouble.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Rkeister

« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »
I have to say it's kind of annoying seeing the PNC concert constantly bumped and it is the same camera discussion for multiple pages now. Get over it everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the show and I'm sure you had a good time regardless of cameras.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
C- I have an e-mail exchange between myself and PNC saying that their policy of photography allowed (no video no professional equipment) supercedes any policy a particular band may have. The bands and promoters are well aware of the policies of the venue before booking it.

As I posted before ..regardless of DT's wishes or personal policy see above

but enough beating of a dead horse...I enjoyed myself got to hang with some other DTFer's before and during which always makes the experience better
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
Good to know regarding PNC's policy, Bill.  Thanks for that.  But:

enough beating of a dead horse

Let's all get the topic back on track now, please.  Thanks.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »
YEAH! it was great to see you there Bill! To bad you missed the picture. it wasnt too long after you left. oh well theres always next time.

was a phenomenal show  :metal

oh and its fun to correct nick irl :3

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
YEAH! it was great to see you there Bill! To bad you missed the picture. it wasnt too long after you left. oh well theres always next time.

If I remember correctly, you both messed up some pronunciations haha.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »

If I remember correctly, you both messed up some pronunciations haha.

... touche.. i forgot.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Does anyone know the name if the last song The Crimson Projeckt played at this show?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
Indiscipline, I would suspect.

Offline DanLore

« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:18 AM »
That would be correct.

DanLore

Offline Dr.StrangeNote

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because of the contest happening for everyone with their Dream Theater photos.  It says right there that they want to see our pics of everything DT related, including concert footage.  Now, tell me that DT doesn't want their picture taken and this BS was all related to the PNC Arts venue. 

https://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/dream-theater-wants-to-see-your-dramatic-event-photos-on-instagram

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because of the contest happening for everyone with their Dream Theater photos.  It says right there that they want to see our pics of everything DT related, including concert footage.  Now, tell me that DT doesn't want their picture taken and this BS was all related to the PNC Arts venue. 

https://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/dream-theater-wants-to-see-your-dramatic-event-photos-on-instagram

:lol  I guess that ends that argument.

Offline dragonmaster715

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »
 i regret not going to this show so bad, 5 minutes from my house and the day before my birthday, stupid that i decided not to

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2013, 08:46:29 PM »
Yeah, especially since the free upgrades would have put you damn near in the front row for the price of a cheap seat. Maybe next time?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline dragonmaster715

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »
next time for sure. i just hope they go to PNC again for the next tour

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
I'm hoping they'll go to PNC next tour too... I live about an hour and 15 min away.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »
I live around the corner so its so convienent for me but Id rather see DT at Beacon Theater. PNC is way too big for DT.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »
PNC is too big for them, but I like it as a venue and it's easy to get to and into, so I hope they play there.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »
PNC is too big for them, but I like it as a venue and it's easy to get to and into, so I hope they play there.

Yeah this is exactly my reason for hoping they play at PNC... I do agree that it may be too big for them, but damn I just want to see DT live again  :lol

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »
I don't think PNC is too big for them.  I saw them during the Chaos in Motion tour there and it was filled.  It was an awesome concert.  The last one for ADTOE tour was half empty but I think that was just some weird coincidence.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:53 PM »
I don't think PNC is too big for them.  I saw them during the Chaos in Motion tour there and it was filled.  It was an awesome concert.  The last one for ADTOE tour was half empty but I think that was just some weird coincidence.

I missed that show from the CiM tour, but there were enough people to fill the lawn?

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2013, 06:21:48 PM »
Yeah there were people on the lawn for sure.  I was in the back and the place was filled.  I didn't pay much attention to the lawn so it might not have been filled.  But there were a lot of people there.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
I was at that show, and it wasn't filled at all. They upgraded every lawn seat to the back seated section, and it was still quite empty in the back.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1