Author Topic: 2012-07-14 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ  (Read 40643 times)

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Re: 2012-07-14 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
That pic is SO boss. :2metal:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
I know everyone thinks their concert pictures are special, but really, no. Every picture that I see submitted I have seen 2,000,000 times by 2,000,000 fans. Not to mention the pros. There are only so many combinations and permutations of a guy on a stage wincing while he plays his guitar or drums. I don't need to see any more of these, they are all the same, just a different dude pressing the exposure button.

I enjoy the pictures I see submitted here even though I rarely take pictures myself during shows.
Good for you that you don't wanna see more pictures, saves you bandwidth. Your argument is meaningless to most of us who want to waste bandwidth on seeing those pictures.
And yes everyone's concert experience is fuckin special and when they share it; they remind of how special mine was too and how I felt the same a week ago as that person did last night. It also makes a cool connection between everyone here. Be it sharing with photos, videos or a review full of small details, I'm interested and I know it's not just me.

got it, thanks! that's all i needed to read.

We're sorry about this man, we're not assholes. your pictures are of awesome quality and I love them. We definitely appreciate you sharing them and if you have more please post them.
I like setting them as my wallpaper or screensaver and it's also nice to have a collection :)

Because its a no harm no foul IMO. I'm not sure why the band is against it as there are millions of videos on YouTube. There are a couple thank yous on the video comments because people like myself like to see a part of the show they went to. If DT are worried that a crappy video will take away from buyers of their future DVD, then that is some extreme paranoia . If DT really has a problem, id have no problem removing the video, but i don't believe they do have a problem with it.

"Everybody does it". I got it. Very well, carry on. Post your, as you probably accurately describe it, "crappy video", to social media in violation of the band's wishes. By the way, picture this: You walk up to James after the show and the following dialogue ensues:

You: "Hi James, great show! Really enjoyed it. I know the rules say no video, but I got a complete video of "Breaking All Illusions". Do you mind if I post it to Youtube"?
James: Fill in what you think he would say.

If you are dense enough to think that the answer would be: "Sure no problem", then I have nothing further to add.

Might as well end the discussion, I most certainly think he wouldn't mind. Unless it was a concert they were filming or perhaps a poor performance. Otherwise, yes I don't think he would have a problem.

Of course he wouldn't have a problem with it! Did he or any other DT member say they have a problem with it? No.
I usually can't take pictures or videos during concerts cause I can't enjoy the concert while holding a camera (I'm a rapid headbanger) so it's only a couple of pictures if anything for me, so I'm not defending something that I'm doing or need to do, we're arguing about basic decades old concert habits here! Since cameras became portable people have been taking pictures and videos of their experience and showing it to every single person they know, it got wider with the internet but that means nothing to me, if I'm a fan I'm buying the DVD and if I don't want spoilers I won't watch the videos or see the pictures.
Someone else might not be interested but fucked if they're gonna tell me I'm wrong to enjoy what fellow fans coming with excitement to share their experience bring, be it a picture, a video or a story.

https://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/wkiml/

rather than posting individual pics

But I will add this one   Are you looking at me ?
*snip*

Haha sweeet picture and nice collection wkiml, thanks for sharing man  :tup
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:15:58 PM by Progmetty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2012, 10:03:48 PM »

This one is SO freaking cool!  So are many of your others too, thanks for letting us all look! :metal

Offline Major Thirteenth

• He has his father's eyes... Gomez, take those out of his mouth.
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »

Of course he wouldn't have a problem with it! Did he or any other DT member say they have a problem with it? No.
I usually can't take pictures or videos during concerts cause I can't enjoy the concert while holding a camera (I'm a rapid headbanger) so it's only a couple of pictures if anything for me, so I'm not defending something that I'm doing or need to do, we're arguing about basic decades old concert habits here! Since cameras became portable people have been taking pictures and videos of their experience and showing it to every single person they know, it got wider with the internet but that means nothing to me, if I'm a fan I'm buying the DVD and if I don't want spoilers I won't watch the videos or see the pictures.
Someone else might not be interested but fucked if they're gonna tell me I'm wrong to enjoy what fellow fans coming with excitement to share their experience bring, be it a picture, a video or a story.

Sigh... I guess I just expect too much of people sometimes.

Maybe I'm an idealist, living in the clouds. It would never occur to me to 1) violate the wishes of the band when they say right on their website that they don't want people taking pictures of the onstage performance. That they have "so many good ones already", which is basically a nice way of saying... ... well... ... it's obvious what it's a nice way of saying. It just would not occur to me to do that. 2) To violate the rules of the venue on private property that they own and take pictures when the venue says don't do it and their hired and uniformed representatives are politely asking each lamebrain not to do it, but said lamebrains do it anyway or sneak around doing it when nobody is looking. It would just not occur to me to do that.

Maybe my lack of headbanging, with concomitant avoidance of smashing of the brain against the inside of the skull, has left me with a clear head in a world of foggy brains. Could it be just me? Maybe when someone expresses their wishes and states in plain English that they don't want the performance photographed, I just go along with it because I respect private property rights and the rights of the band to own and control their images. Maybe I'm just unbelievably brilliant, or an idiot savant (go ahead). Able to deduce with near mystical skill that the band AND the venue both state in plain English that the onstage performance is not to be photographed or videotaped. And then able to control my behavior with laser-like precision, leaving the camera at home or in the car. Or maybe I am a superhero. Able to read with my unaided super-eyes, the cryptic and unintelligible microscopic print on the back of the ticket and on the venue and band websites that specifically state the rules on videography and photography.

Sigh... I guess I just expect too much of people sometimes.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:18:34 PM by Major Thirteenth »

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
Look dude - like it or not, pictures (concert pics included) capture a moment in time that most peeps want to remember.  It's not that we fail as humans because GAWD FORBID we like someone else's photos taken during a Dream Theater show.

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2012, 11:38:27 PM »
Look dude - like it or not, pictures (concert pics included) capture a moment in time that most peeps want to remember.  It's not that we fail as humans because GAWD FORBID we like someone else's photos taken during a Dream Theater show.

I love pictures. I love memories. I take pictures of me and my friends at concerts. I shoot lots and lots of photos and videos. However I do not take pictures of the band while they are performing. Why? It's not allowed and I agreed to that when I bought the ticket. So did you. And so did the other "peeps". You do not need illegal pictures to remember the event. Legal ones are sufficient.

But of course, if you don't give a rat's azz about the rules and you just have to have your pleasure and it's all about you and everyone else be damned including the band providing the show, well, you're obviously not alone as we can see. Rock on. I'm sure the pictures will continue. But they won't be mine. By the way, I remember the Radio City concert as if it were yesterday and I've never seen a single photo of that memorable evening.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:45:22 PM by Major Thirteenth »

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »

I love pictures. I love memories. I take pictures of me and my friends at concerts. I shoot lots and lots of photos and videos. However I do not take pictures of the band while they are performing. Why? It's not allowed and I agreed to that when I bought the ticket. So did you. And so did the other "peeps". You do not need illegal pictures to remember the event. Legal ones are sufficient.

But of course, if you don't give a rat's azz about the rules and you just have to have your pleasure and it's all about you and everyone else be damned including the band providing the show, well, you're obviously not alone as we can see. Rock on. I'm sure the pictures will continue. But they won't be mine. By the way, I remember the Radio City concert as if it were yesterday and I've never seen a single photo of that memorable evening.

Really?  You didn't buy Score?  DUUUDE go get it!
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »
There are no pics from the Score show - since the band was taping, no pics were allowed.  I guess people "followed the rules" that night, eh?

Just call the Picture Police on the majority of the people posting in this subforum, myself included - seeing how we "broke the rules" and all...

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2012, 06:00:58 AM »
Really?  You didn't buy Score?  DUUUDE go get it!

Found it. I did buy it, but I haven't listened to it in quite awhile. I'm going to play it on the way out to Huntington. Perhaps several times since I have to cross the GWB and we all know what that now means.

Which begs the question: Will we ever hear Octavarium live again?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:15 AM »
M13, no offense dude,, but you are out of line in this thread. I know you're close to the band, and I respect your position on the subject, but calling people lamebrains.. You say you've seen all the pics you need to see, but you're really talking down to everyone here.

I've been taking pics since the mid 80's at shows..when it was really tough to get by security, long before iPhones. Those pics are dear to me and my experience. That does not make me a lamebrain. What it does make me is someone that is passionate about their music. I have spent thousands on Tix/CDs/T shirts. Rationalization for breaking the rules..yes, I guess. But my pictures are my most cherished music related posessions.

I've never understood why bands don't want pictures taken. This is not new. And Like I said, that's fine and all. I'd be shocked if MP or JP never snuck a camera in. To me it's part of the fan experience. Being able to show up at school to show my friends back in the day. Bands should not be afraid of that.

Man, you've been cool here, so I certainly wouldn't hold your position against you, but chill, please. :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DT2003

« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
Yeah you definitely are way out of line.  Especially when you criticize people by calling them names (ie lamebrain) and telling them their pictures are not special.  So taking pictures at concerts is not your thing, we get it.  That doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else who is taking pictures.  By the way, two things to note about this show:

1.  When we entered the gates to go in, security checked my camera.  The one guy wasn't sure if it was a professional camera or not (which it's nowhere near professional) so he asked the other security guy and the guy said yeah that camera is fine to bring in.
2.  When The Crimson ProjeKCt was playing, pictures were being taken everywhere and security did not do a thing, at least not where I was sitting and where I was sitting as soon as DT came on stage they were very strict about pictures.

So let me ask you, how is this guy (or any of us who took/wanted to take pictures) breaking the rules when PNC allows pictures?  Your claim that we agreed not to take pictures when we bought the tickets is bullshit as we made no such agreement as that is not PNC's policy.  And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit.  I'd have more respect for them if they said "We as a band do not want you taking pictures of us so please respect that".  Instead they say "most venues don't allow photography during shows".  Sorry but to me that means that if the venue allows pictures then we should be able to take them.  If that's not what they mean, then they should have the balls to say it.  So please get off your high horse and stop ridiculing people for them trying to get the best out of their experience.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
A- I don't visit DT.net as I find the news here and other sources much quicker , so I have  never seen a DT policy of no pictures
B- no where on my ticket did it say no photography
C- I have an e-mail exchange between myself and PNC saying that their policy of photography allowed (no video no professional equipment) supercedes any policy a particular band may have. The bands and promoters are well aware of the policies of the venue before booking it.
D My old fogey brain doesnt remember what I had for dinner last night, so these pictures are a memento of that event

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »
^ Thanks for the pics Billy! So many awesome shots! :hefdaddy

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2012, 09:19:11 AM »
I was thinking about the "no pictures or videos" rule and thought, is it really that they don't want people doing it for what they create or is it because they don't want everyone with their camera in the air which can bother other fans trying to watch the show. I know i got my video when i moved to the back and the security walked by a few times and never stopped me, maybe because I was further away but maybe because I was in the back and couldn't be bothering anyone.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
I bet that's why the band would say no pictures. It's hard enough when you aren't that tall and there's a monster standing right in front of you even if he isn't holding up an arm to get a video.

I spent 90% of that concert on my toes.  :lol

Offline DT2003

« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »
I was thinking about the "no pictures or videos" rule and thought, is it really that they don't want people doing it for what they create or is it because they don't want everyone with their camera in the air which can bother other fans trying to watch the show. I know i got my video when i moved to the back and the security walked by a few times and never stopped me, maybe because I was further away but maybe because I was in the back and couldn't be bothering anyone.

I don't know/care which it is but what bothers me about it is the fact that they don't address it. 
If DT were to say, "It bothers us when we are playing and flashes are going off, please be respectful of that and don't take pictures" or if they said "As a band we feel it's disrespectful of others to take pictures so please refrain from doing so" I would be compeltely fine with it and leave my camera home.  But when they make us think that the reason that they don't want pictures is b/c "some" venues have policies against it, then aren't we supposed to feel that if the venue doesn't have a policy against it that we could take pictures?

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »
Yeah you definitely are way out of line.  Especially when you criticize people by calling them names (ie lamebrain) and telling them their pictures are not special.  So taking pictures at concerts is not your thing, we get it.  That doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else who is taking pictures.  By the way, two things to note about this show:

1.  When we entered the gates to go in, security checked my camera.  The one guy wasn't sure if it was a professional camera or not (which it's nowhere near professional) so he asked the other security guy and the guy said yeah that camera is fine to bring in.
2.  When The Crimson ProjeKCt was playing, pictures were being taken everywhere and security did not do a thing, at least not where I was sitting and where I was sitting as soon as DT came on stage they were very strict about pictures.

So let me ask you, how is this guy (or any of us who took/wanted to take pictures) breaking the rules when PNC allows pictures?  Your claim that we agreed not to take pictures when we bought the tickets is bullshit as we made no such agreement as that is not PNC's policy.  And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit.  I'd have more respect for them if they said "We as a band do not want you taking pictures of us so please respect that".  Instead they say "most venues don't allow photography during shows".  Sorry but to me that means that if the venue allows pictures then we should be able to take them.  If that's not what they mean, then they should have the balls to say it.  So please get off your high horse and stop ridiculing people for them trying to get the best out of their experience.

The PNC website says that no recording devices are to be brought in. So if you are shooting video, you are breaking the rules. In fact, if you bring in a device capable of shooting video, you are breaking the rules. The DT website clearly asks fans not to shoot the onstage performance. So if you do that you are breaking the rules. Or at least going against the band's wishes.

Look, I know we live in an age where we don't give a crap about rules and standards and expectations, or each other. As long as we are gratified and satiated, we can trample on the wishes of others. I get that. It's everywhere. It's rampant. It's viral. Our personal and immediate gratification is more important than anything else, and trumps everything else. So, to quote you: "And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit." That statement clearly states your attitude and intentions. It's bullshit, and you are going to do what you want.

Which is fine. You can live that way if you want to. I would advise people not to embrace that attitude, but let's face it: That's where we are nowadays. You are in the majority and have a billion close friends who believe the same way. Rock on.

I usually expect more from DT fans. I always think of DT as more of a "musicians band", and I would like to expect the fans to be as professional as the band. A higher level fanbase. But it is what it is. So if some happiness-seeking fan needs his "memories", and is just going to take his illegal video recording device, stick it in the air, block my view, and break the rules, all I can do is live with it. So I will.

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

I don't know/care which it is but what bothers me about it is the fact that they don't address it. 
If DT were to say, "It bothers us when we are playing and flashes are going off, please be respectful of that and don't take pictures" or if they said "As a band we feel it's disrespectful of others to take pictures so please refrain from doing so" I would be compeltely fine with it and leave my camera home.  But when they make us think that the reason that they don't want pictures is b/c "some" venues have policies against it, then aren't we supposed to feel that if the venue doesn't have a policy against it that we could take pictures?

You have to read between the lines. The band is in an awkward position. They obviously don't want to spoil the fan experience. They also don't want 20 million videos of their concerts flooding the social media and cheapening their product and destroying their livelihood. So it's up to us to understand what is basically common sense. If we were up there, and it was our livelihood, we just might agree with them.

And by the way, if you really need to shoot videos for your personal memory needs, or to send to a couple of friends privately, that might be one thing. But what most of the rule breakers do is attempt to shoot entire songs, if not entire performances, then release them for free on the Internet, effectively becoming gratis distribution companies and destroying the product that is created and owned by the musicians performing the music.

We are at a crossroads because the hardware is advancing to the point that the quality of the video that a fan can record is more and more comparable with that obtained using equipment that was formally the province of professionals. High def is common now in consumer products, and it won't be long before 4K video cams are available. Sound quality is improving dramatically on these devices also.

So it is completely understandable to have a no video policy. In my stupid idealistic world, the band's website would state no video please, and there would be no fans violating the rule, and no damned security guards walking up and down the aisles like pit bulls. Or better yet, the band would be able to say shoot everything you like without flash or lighting, but do not release it to the public. And we would agree and follow their wishes.

The weird thing is, there is no reason we can't have that. All it would take is a little self-discipline.

Offline DT2003

« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:19 AM »
The PNC website says that no recording devices are to be brought in. So if you are shooting video, you are breaking the rules. In fact, if you bring in a device capable of shooting video, you are breaking the rules. The DT website clearly asks fans not to shoot the onstage performance. So if you do that you are breaking the rules. Or at least going against the band's wishes.

Look, I know we live in an age where we don't give a crap about rules and standards and expectations, or each other. As long as we are gratified and satiated, we can trample on the wishes of others. I get that. It's everywhere. It's rampant. It's viral. Our personal and immediate gratification is more important than anything else, and trumps everything else. So, to quote you: "And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit." That statement clearly states your attitude and intentions. It's bullshit, and you are going to do what you want.

Which is fine. You can live that way if you want to. I would advise people not to embrace that attitude, but let's face it: That's where we are nowadays. You are in the majority and have a billion close friends who believe the same way. Rock on.

I usually expect more from DT fans. I always think of DT as more of a "musicians band", and I would like to expect the fans to be as professional as the band. A higher level fanbase. But it is what it is. So if some happiness-seeking fan needs his "memories", and is just going to take his illegal video recording device, stick it in the air, block my view, and break the rules, all I can do is live with it. So I will.

Regarding the "And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit" comment I made, I stand by that b/c if DT doesn't want us taking pictures they should come out and say so, they shouldn't say that it's b/c "most venues don't allow photography during shows" as to me that statement is saying we should be respectful of the venue and if the venue does allow pictures then we aren't being disrespectful or breaking any rules.

Also, please don't assume you know my attitude and intentions b/c you are flat out wrong.  Prior to DT going on stage there was absolutely nothing brought to my attention about pictures by anyone.  Sorry but I don't feel that I have to go to a bands website before going to a concert to see if I can take pictures.  So I brought my camera in and was told by security that the camera was fine.  So I'm sorry but if that is against the rules to bring a camera in b/c it can record video than security should have told me that and not let me bring it in.  They didn't, they told me that camera was fine.  Once DT hit the stage I snapped one picture and was told by a security guard that I can take pictures but I had to turn the flash off.  Ok fine I turned the flash off.  Not long after that a lady came over to me and said nicely how the band was freaking out about the pictures and they were gonna have a heart attack up there and could I please put the camera away.  I then did so and did not snap another picture during the entire show until DT had finished playing.  Please explain to me at what point I have a bad attitude? 

So again, get off your fucking high horse and stop judging people b/c you don't know us!!!

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
I think everyone in this thread needs to chill out.

Once again, I don't find right to speak in the name of band what is ok and not in the shows. As for DT, all members are completely aware of what fans doing during the concerts. Videos, taking photos or such. Believe me, DT is all OK about that. Even James, considering he is a singer and it's understandable if someone shots his "off performance" he wouldn't want it get youtube'd. He is totally fine with it and making jokes about it. "Oh shit, it is gonna be on youtube, right?"

*laughs*

It's all about venues policy. If they don't want, fine! We don't push but in this technology era and while bands are completely aware of that they can't prevent people doing this stuff, all is fine.

Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Dr.StrangeNote

« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:04 AM »
Listen up.  I don't visit many forums these days and quite honestly I don't have time to.  I did, however, read the policy on the PNC venue website an hour prior of me attending the event.  Taking with me an expensive camera isn't my 1st choice of things that I'd want to do especially if I went someplace like Radio City where I would have a chance of not even being allowed in. 

Now, in this case, since I was allowed in the PNC arts center with my camera, and yes, I was snapping shots of Crimson Projekct like crazy with the center aisle guard watching me without peeping a word, thought to myself, it's approved.  The fella at the gate asked me if my camera has a detachable lens.  I showed him that it didn't and he said, go on in.  Afterall, they let me in with my camera.  If they didn't, I wouldn't mind walking back to my car and locking the camera away. 

It's that simple.  But again, I never thought to go to DT.net and read the policy, or a blurb news flash, stated from the band.  But now that I was made aware that there is a statement (from the band or spokesperson), I'm fine with that.  I just was not aware that DT doesn't want photographs.  Typically the venue would permit or not and that's the end of it.  I totally respect it and will leave the camera at home from now on. 

This past show was the first time that I brought a camera, throughout my countless times that I've seen DT since the Charlie Dominci days.  I typically just like going and enjoying my ass off, but thought that since I'm already 6 rows from center stage, why not have a little fun.  Plus, I'd get some nice shots of Johns JP12 and the rest of the gang.  I really wanted to get shots of JP's silverburst as my good friend Rich owned it's only twin.  I wanted to take the shot and share that photo, but I didn't since I was asked not to.

I also agree about the fans and holding camera's up in faces, flashes, etc.  When I shoot photos, I was very courteous of those behind me and used the viewfinder rather than the display or held it up in the air.  I was able to get my photos with the camera very close to my body, elbows tight intended not to offend anyone at all around me. 

I was taken aback when the lady with the headset on came over and basically started reprimanding me like I knew all of this prior to attending.  Most of the staff who were being told not to take photos with their phones were mostly all using their light flashes, and I figured, that I'm not, so it's casual (like the venue policy stated). 

Anyway, I respect the bands wishes and I won't be doing it again, now that I am aware of it.  I did take notice how there were about 4 professional photographers at center stage who took about 20 shots in the first opening number.  Once they were done, they left the area and the security started being strict.  While they were all shooting, so were the 50 other people in my general area..

I don't need to defend myself nor my actions, I just simply was not aware, and now I am.  Rock on!

Offline DT2003

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »
Now, in this case, since I was allowed in the PNC arts center with my camera, and yes, I was snapping shots of Crimson Projekct like crazy with the center aisle guard watching me without peeping a word, thought to myself, it's approved.  The fella at the gate asked me if my camera has a detachable lens.  I showed him that it didn't and he said, go on in.  Afterall, they let me in with my camera.  If they didn't, I wouldn't mind walking back to my car and locking the camera away. 

It's that simple. 

It absolutely is that simple.  To me, and I made this point as well, this is all you need to know to say that it is DT who has a problem with pictures being taken and NOT the venue.  Again, that is perfectly fine and I repect the bands wishes if that is the case but I just don't get why they just can't come out and say it.

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »

Regarding the "And sorry but what DT says on their website is bullshit" comment I made, I stand by that b/c if DT doesn't want us taking pictures they should come out and say so, they shouldn't say that it's b/c "most venues don't allow photography during shows" as to me that statement is saying we should be respectful of the venue and if the venue does allow pictures then we aren't being disrespectful or breaking any rules.

Also, please don't assume you know my attitude and intentions b/c you are flat out wrong.  Prior to DT going on stage there was absolutely nothing brought to my attention about pictures by anyone.  Sorry but I don't feel that I have to go to a bands website before going to a concert to see if I can take pictures.  So I brought my camera in and was told by security that the camera was fine.  So I'm sorry but if that is against the rules to bring a camera in b/c it can record video than security should have told me that and not let me bring it in.  They didn't, they told me that camera was fine.  Once DT hit the stage I snapped one picture and was told by a security guard that I can take pictures but I had to turn the flash off.  Ok fine I turned the flash off.  Not long after that a lady came over to me and said nicely how the band was freaking out about the pictures and they were gonna have a heart attack up there and could I please put the camera away.  I then did so and did not snap another picture during the entire show until DT had finished playing.  Please explain to me at what point I have a bad attitude? 

So again, get off your fucking high horse and stop judging people b/c you don't know us!!!

I will never get off my high horse. The view is too good.

Anyway...

Actually that is breaking news that I was unaware of. You are saying that the band was indeed freaking out about people recording the onstage performance using still and motion recording devices. (That's cameras and video cameras for those of you that are not familiar with the pro lingo.). Hmmmmm. That tells me that the band indeed does not want us taking performance shots and videos. I thought that was the case, and now you've confirmed it, in effect clearing up the rather vague reference to it online.

Offline DT2003

« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »
Actually that is breaking news that I was unaware of. You are saying that the band was indeed freaking out about people recording the onstage performance using still and motion recording devices. (That's cameras and video cameras for those of you that are not familiar with the pro lingo.). Hmmmmm. That tells me that the band indeed does not want us taking performance shots and videos. I thought that was the case, and now you've confirmed it, in effect clearing up the rather vague reference to it online.

Well this is what I was told by a little old lady that worked there who was going through the crowd and asking people not to take pictures.  Now is what she said true?  We'll probably never know but she definitely used those words that the band was freaking out.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
I know that this pic/recording debate is more interesting than my little post, but here goes anyway...
My wife's sole purpose for wanting to go to this show was to hear TSCO live, and she got it.
We got a motel for the night, and went for breakfast before heading home. I thought it was really cool that our waitress' name was Victoria. What are the odds?  :)
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
Nugget!

But yea, I was really excited for TSCO as well since i hadn't seen it before.

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
Yeah, sounded beautiful, didn't it?

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2012, 06:31:34 PM »
I know that this pic/recording debate is more interesting than my little post, but here goes anyway...
My wife's sole purpose for wanting to go to this show was to hear TSCO live, and she got it.
We got a motel for the night, and went for breakfast before heading home. I thought it was really cool that our waitress' name was Victoria. What are the odds?  :)

Any pictures or video of Victoria?

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »
Lol, no, but you guys wouldn't have been impressed...pretty heavy and dumpy, though I thought she had a very cute face. And she was blonde and gave me pancakes, which makes her hot. :tup
Plus, the restaurant asked that no recording devices be brought in. ;-)

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
 :lol  :clap:

Offline Major Thirteenth

« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2012, 07:41:07 PM »
Lol, no, but you guys wouldn't have been impressed...pretty heavy and dumpy, though I thought she had a very cute face. And she was blonde and gave me pancakes, which makes her hot. :tup

Pancakes. Let me guess. IHOP in Keyport. They are so damned strict.

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
Actually, the place was called Huddle Up, no idea what town, but we were back in pa by then. I think around allentown.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2012, 06:11:39 AM »

What!? I really wanted to see those pancakes.

Offline fusion420

« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2012, 07:36:05 AM »
What time did Crimson Projekct start?

Offline DT2003

« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2012, 07:41:44 AM »
The tickets said the show started at 7:30 and that is when they went on...  give or take a couple of minutes.