Author Topic: Ahh, the famous "liberal" media...  (Read 10317 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Re: Ahh, the famous "liberal" media...
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 07:56:10 AM »
Probably doesn't understand that you've learned from your mistakes. What a nub

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Well, you know, I think there's a big difference between attacking a public figure (like a politician, you know, who isn't actually a member here) and attacking a fellow forum member just to try to get a rise out of them or something.  It's kind of silly actually.  I wear my prison time on my sleeve because I believe those who forget their past are doomed to repeat it.  So someone throwing it in my face because they think it bothers me is really rather silly  :lol

But I digress.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 08:03:13 AM »
Wtf, emin. Talk about crossing a line.

On another note, apparently Gingrich indicated that depending on today's results he might fold.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 08:04:19 AM »
Says the former resident of the big house. Did I mentioned that you are a former resident of the big house? Oh, I guess we are forgetting that any criminal can post here at DTF. Oh, and it's not an accusation, it's a fact. You DID spend a lot of time in jail, didn't you?
Oh yeah, that's why everyone thinks you're a jerk.

Thanks for reminding me.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
Which btw is another aspect against RP. His supporters are "something else", to say the least. There's a lot of conspiracy theories floating around, and almost religious following of RP. Which I think why we saw this nasty attack by emin just now.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
Wtf, emin. Talk about crossing a line.

On another note, apparently Gingrich indicated that depending on today's results he might fold.

rumborak

I saw that and was kind of surprised by it.  I just didn't think he had it in him to quit, but I also heard that his campaign is something like $4.3 million in debt, so he's probably looking at that too.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
Which btw is another aspect against RP. His supporters are "something else", to say the least. There's a lot of conspiracy theories floating around, and almost religious following of RP. Which I think why we saw this nasty attack by emin just now.

I present to you a real live conspiracy theory movie sent to me by a Paulite friend of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho&feature=related
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »
Quote from: Description of that Movie
Once in place they can engage their plan to exterminate 80% of the world's population....

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »
TURN THE KEY
WALK THROUGH THE GATE

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 09:53:39 AM »
emindead, that is not how we treat fellow members here.  Take a week off.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
I just finished giving it to him, just hadn't posted it yet

emindead, that was absolutely unacceptable

kirk, I want to apologize on behalf of the rest of DTF, that was not cool.  your willingness to open your life to us here is one of the things that makes this community so cool.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:04:59 AM by yeshaberto »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »
Yikes, crappy behavior emin. I do disagree with everything said about RP from others here except MondayMorningLunatic -who I think got it absolutely right- but it sucks that emin chose to reply that way.
RP never said anything that sounded kooky to me, I found him to be the most sane and fair of all the Republican candidates in all the debates. I agree his fans are too fanatic and they might have made his situation worse cause they allow dirt fishers to point and say "Hey look at the guys who like Ron Paul!".
I chose early on not to discuss RP but had to say that emin's attitude doesn't represent shit. He's been that way before this whole elections thing ever started or we heard of the nominees.
Back to topic: Although the right wing has been throwing around the term "liberal media" for a long time, I think Romney picked on it big time when he saw the massive positive response Gingrich got in that debate when he started off with the whole martyr performance he played on John King, Gingrich went up in polls after that just for the "I'm sick of the liberal media" nicely written and performed speech. I think Romney will glorify that tune to unprecedented proportions from now on.
But thank God for the T-1000 for telling us that America can't survive another 4 years with Obama.
And of course where would we be without Ted Nugent to show us the way and the plan in case of the apocalyptic chance of Obama's renigging.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:44:51 AM by Progmetty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »
I just think this is absolutely nuts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PvhYvE_w0

He's going to cut $1 Trillion and 4 major agencies from the government in the first year?   :\

Next you're going to tell me that the 1980 Pepsi TV Commercial version of Cindy Crawford wants to have a dozen of my babies right now.  :lol

That's what I mean when I say he's kooky.  Anyone who basically has a pulse knows none of that shit would ever happen. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
Yes, I agree his commercials have been hilarious and his campaign decided to appeal to monster truck fans for some reason heh. I only go on the official debates and serious interviews with him and all the other candidates.
But yeah his ideas on economy are far fetched here and there but for every far fetched idea he has; there's an idea double as so from the other candidates. But I think he's the most sincere and peaceful of them all in general.
I just wish he'd quit already so that people stop slamming him as I really admire his personality as a politician and the ideology he represents.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
It's really the combination that turned off people in the end. I mean, the ads always end with "I am Ron Paul, and I approve this message". When he wants to cut 1 trillion dollars in one year, he sounds like someone who has no connection to reality. And frankly, that kind of stuff has been a mainstay in his career, asking for ludicrous stuff no sane person could agree to. He passed 4 out of the 620 measures he sponsored. He would be the most useless president in history.

rumborak

Offline PraXis

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »
He'd make sure gov't would get out of the way and not interfere in our lives any further. SLASH AND BURN!  :metal

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
It'll be interesting what the Libertarians will do after this. Their prime candidate for so many years has finally had a shot at it, and failed pretty hard. This will have been RP's last attempt, so now they have to look for another figure to lead it. I would not be surprised if the whole thing somewhat dissolves into chaos, given the average personality profile of an RP follower. There will be for sure many more YouTube videos with gloomy music behind it explaining that "The Man" foiled people's liberty once more on its way to the new world order.

rumborak

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »
Well, looks like the only thing that got slashed and burned tonight was Ron Paul. Any bets how long until he finally gives up?

rumborak

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
Well, looks like the only thing that got slashed and burned tonight was Ron Paul. Any bets how long until he finally gives up?

rumborak

Better yet, how long until he stops breathing. Like I said before, I think he has some good ideas. However, as Kirk pointed out, he is a kook (and an old kook at that). He needs to give up politics and go live out the rest of his days in peace.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »
I don't want to speculate on the man's life span, but it does indeed beg the question what's going on with him. Their grassroots pumped another million dollars into the guy just recently, but his twitter account has been dead for over a week now, and he's been running ads with Santorum in them. I would almost guess he's trying to refill the accounts because he knows he doesn't have a chance.

rumborak

Offline PraXis

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »
It's funny how people call RP a kook when he's the only one telling it like it is and not treating the American public like children. He's the only one not in the pocket of the Federal Reserve criminals.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" -- Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President
   [Wilson} signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....
   the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill."
   -- Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr. , 191

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board asministers the finance system by authority
   of  a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits
   from the use of other people's money" -- also Lindbergh

"The Federal Reserve banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen.
   There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this nation is run by the
   International bankers. Some people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions.
   They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people
   of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers" -- Congressman Louis T. McFadden

Woodrow Wilson: "I am a most unhappy man; unwittingly I have ruined my country..."

Let's not forget what happened after JFK issued Executive Order 11110.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:48:46 AM by PraXis »

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 07:47:12 AM »
I would not be surprised if the whole thing somewhat dissolves into chaos, given the average personality profile of an RP follower.

rumborak

Is this really necessary? You've been railing on his supporters in this thread like they're all nut cases. How is this any different than what happened with the other poster that earned him a vacation from the forum?
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
It's funny how people call RP a kook when he's the only one telling it like it is and not treating the American public like children. He's the only one not in the pocket of the Federal Reserve criminals.

Telling it like what is?   :lol   Bizzarro world? 

Look, the fact is, even IF he could get elected POTUS (he can't and he won't and everyone knows it) there is absolutely no possible way - not one iota of a slim microscopic chance - that he would be able to cut $1 Trillion dollars and 4 major state departments in one year.  It's a completely ludicrous claim that only a pretty gullible person could possibly believe.  Telling it like it is.  Right  ::)

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »
Not to mention no Congress would be crazy enough to actually let him pass legislation. Even if they were of the same party.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
Is this really necessary? You've been railing on his supporters in this thread like they're all nut cases. How is this any different than what happened with the other poster that earned him a vacation from the forum?

It's different because I don't pick individuals and rail at them directly, or use their personal history against them.
Seriously though, in what way am I off here? Of the RP supporters I have seen make posts in various forums, I've seen:
- Them buying ammo and food supplies for the imminent collapse of society
- Believing vast conspiracy theories about New World Order, Romney having undermined all elections etc. etc
- Even after yesterday, they're still scheming, saying "It ain't over yet", "He's going to Tampa"

With mindsets like that, who currently all line up behind their Jesus-like figure of Dr. Paul, I think the only direction it will go after he quits from the public scene is disarray.

rumborak

Offline jsem

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »

Telling it like what is?   :lol   Bizzarro world? 

Look, the fact is, even IF he could get elected POTUS (he can't and he won't and everyone knows it) there is absolutely no possible way - not one iota of a slim microscopic chance - that he would be able to cut $1 Trillion dollars and 4 major state departments in one year.  It's a completely ludicrous claim that only a pretty gullible person could possibly believe.  Telling it like it is.  Right  ::)
Pretty much true. Political action is a lost cause for libertarians. Not my words, but it was said pretty well: it's stupid to think that one can reach to the top of an evil organization and turn it virtuous.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 10:02:44 AM »
I saw an analogy some time ago that is pretty dead on: You don't join a Basketball team and then try to convince them to play Volleyball. And that's what RP essentially did. He was a very consistent Libertarian in his views, but that doesn't exactly help when you're running for the support of Republicans.

rumborak

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »
Not to mention no Congress would be crazy enough to actually let him pass legislation. Even if they were of the same party.

A lot of what Paul runs on, Paul has full authority to control. He wouldn't be able to dismantle the bureaucracy as much as he'd like (Obama's already asked for approval for that, but of course Republicans won't dare let Obama actually reduce the size of the government), but he would be able to stop enforcing the War on Drugs single-handedly, and he could bring troops home, en masse.

I've found Paul runs on actual Presidential authority more than most other candidates. 90% + of Romney's platform isn't under his authority, and a good amount of Obama's agenda is the same (though Obama has experience now knowing what he can and cannot due, which makes him much more effective from here on out).

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »

It's different because I don't pick individuals and rail at them directly, or use their personal history against them.
Seriously though, in what way am I off here? Of the RP supporters I have seen make posts in various forums, I've seen:
- Them buying ammo and food supplies for the imminent collapse of society
- Believing vast conspiracy theories about New World Order, Romney having undermined all elections etc. etc
- Even after yesterday, they're still scheming, saying "It ain't over yet", "He's going to Tampa"

With mindsets like that, who currently all line up behind their Jesus-like figure of Dr. Paul, I think the only direction it will go after he quits from the public scene is disarray.

rumborak

I've been a RP supporter for several years and I fit none of the things that you're posting about them. Granted, I'm not completely in-line with the majority of libertarians about certain issues and I have a few conflicts with some of his stances but, you can't just lump every person into a stereotype based on the actions of a vocal minority of any movement/belief system. It's very easy to make ANY group of people look like shit if you want to brand them in this manner. I could start listing examples but, it would a quick way to get my ass kicked out of the forum or, at the very least start a flame war. It's bullshit and a very lazy way to view the world.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »

A lot of what Paul runs on, Paul has full authority to control. He wouldn't be able to dismantle the bureaucracy as much as he'd like (Obama's already asked for approval for that, but of course Republicans won't dare let Obama actually reduce the size of the government), but he would be able to stop enforcing the War on Drugs single-handedly, and he could bring troops home, en masse.

I've found Paul runs on actual Presidential authority more than most other candidates. 90% + of Romney's platform isn't under his authority, and a good amount of Obama's agenda is the same (though Obama has experience now knowing what he can and cannot due, which makes him much more effective from here on out).

Oh, the irony. ::)

Offline PraXis

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
I fit in the stocking up on guns and ammo category.  :biggrin:

Prices have been going up like crazy, so better to save money now on lead and brass especially.

PEW PEW PEW

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
I see the $1,000,000,000,000 cut number being thrown around. As much as I'd LOVE to see that happen, it can't. You have to ease people off. That money is being spent and people are depending on it. You can't cut it in one year, let alone four. You can't promise a number.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
emindead, what a cock

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
Personal attack, reported

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
emindead, what a cock

What in the world?  Enjoy your week off