Author Topic: 2012-05-08 - Thunder Dome - Bangkok, THA  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Expounder

• !!!! Saying A Whole Lot By Not Saying Much... !!!!
2012-05-08 - Thunder Dome - Bangkok, THA
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:08:36 AM »
Hey Guys.... Am Flying From Sri Lanka To Catch DT In Thailand Coz I Missed Out On Stuttgart.... Anyone Headed There....?

May 08, 2012 - Bangkok

Event Info

Venue: Thunder Dome
Address: 99 Popular Road Bangkok 11120
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:33:01 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline GODIN

Re: 2012-05-08 - Thunder Dome - Bangkok, THA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »
Thai Fans Welcome You.

8th May , Thunder Dome, Our spirit carrie on together.

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
I will come to Bangkok too.  Is there any email address that I can contact for questioning some stuffs? I'm from Jakarta.  We had a great great great show last Saturday night.

-andri-

Offline Expounder

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:40:30 AM »
I will come to Bangkok too.  Is there any email address that I can contact for questioning some stuffs? I'm from Jakarta.  We had a great great great show last Saturday night.

-andri-

Hey Bro.... Sure.... Contact Me On rogger@360mkting.com

I'm Traveling Alone.... So I Could Use The Company.... He He....

Rogger.

Offline Expounder

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 02:41:09 AM »
Thai Fans Welcome You.

8th May , Thunder Dome, Our spirit carrie on together.

Many Thanks.... Hope We Can Meet Up Before The Gig....

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »
Let's meet! Showing that DT can unite us :)

I need some information about the quickest transportation from airport to the venue, because I will be arrive on May 8 afternoon.  Also some music store or music shop in Bangkok that can be visited the day after the show before I return to Jakarta.

-andri-

Offline soheil

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:10 PM »
Guys, Me and wife will be there as well. We're traveling from Iran. this will be my 2nd time seeing DT in Bangkok and 3rd time overall. See you there.

Offline Expounder

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:50:19 AM »
Guys, Me and wife will be there as well. We're traveling from Iran. this will be my 2nd time seeing DT in Bangkok and 3rd time overall. See you there.

Hey Soheil.... That's KickAss Man.... I'll Be In Thailand From The 4th.... You Can Email Me At

rogger@360mkting.com

Maybe We Can Meet Up With Andri Before The Gig....

Rogger.

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Hi Soheil, you are from Iran? is there any DT CD in Iran with Persian or Arabic font? I'm thinking about to have it one for collection.

-andri-

Offline soheil

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
hi again, yeah I'm from iran. There's no DT CD with persian fonts/writings here. I buy my albums when I'm out of country. And here I have a question, Since you're coming to bangkok from abroad, how do you plan to get your tickets? do you go the venue and get it from box office? or there are other options as well? I've bought the tickets online and the site said that I can get the ticket the event day. what will you do?

Offline Expounder

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 01:25:19 AM »
hi again, yeah I'm from iran. There's no DT CD with persian fonts/writings here. I buy my albums when I'm out of country. And here I have a question, Since you're coming to bangkok from abroad, how do you plan to get your tickets? do you go the venue and get it from box office? or there are other options as well? I've bought the tickets online and the site said that I can get the ticket the event day. what will you do?

Hey Soheil....

I've done the same thing.... since i'm flying from Sri Lanka.... I bought the tickets online.... and they've asked me to pick it up at the venue 1 hour before the gig.... Just have to carry your passport or identity i guess....

Rogger.

Offline Expounder

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 01:26:27 AM »
Any Of You Guys Know What The Regulations Are When It Comes To Cameras....? Can I Take A DSLR Into The Theater....?

Rogger.

Offline GODIN

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »
2 more days, c u @ Thunder Dome, Bangkok

Offline crazy diamond

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »
Any Of You Guys Know What The Regulations Are When It Comes To Cameras....? Can I Take A DSLR Into The Theater....?

Rogger.
keep camera in  your hotel room. Camera and video cam is prohibited, if you bring it you have to deposit at the front. Waste of time to take it back.

Offline crazy diamond

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:25 AM »
Here they are!!!
DT arrived Bangkok....

Credit : PMG facebook

Offline Gunnersthebest

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Just came back from the show. It was my first time seeing DT live, and my mind WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hefdaddy
Them being one of my favourite bands, I was already freaking happy just to witness them live, but after seeing their musicianship, the beautiful stage+lighting, beast set-list and Andy FREAKING Mckee (yes he is INSANELY good as well), I have to say it was one of the best nights of my life!  :tup

DT, you better come back to Bangkok for the next world tour, CAUSE I'LL FLIPPING BE THERE! :)

Offline Expounder

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »
!!!! SPEECHLESS.... (About The Performance) !!!!

Thank You Thailand For Giving Me A Chance To Watch A Band I Have Admired For Over 10 Years Now.... The Gig Was So Well Organized.... And You Thailand Fans Might Not All Speak English Well.... But You'll Sing English Better Than I Ever Will.... He He....

It Was Absolutely Amazing Running Into Soheil And His Lovely Wife Sherazade.... They Were So Welcoming And Considerate.... And Have Such An Amazing Sense Of Humour.... If I Had To Watch A DT Show Again.... I'd Want It To Be With Them....

Am Really Sad We Couldn't Take Our Cameras In.... But I Totally Understand And Support This Decision.... I Did However Get A Few Shots On My Ipod.... Shittiest Quality Ever.... But They're Still Memories.... If You Guys Wanna Check Em Out.... Here's The Link....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151666978685570.847990.771920569&type=1

I've Said It A Million Times Already.... But If I Die.... I Can Atleast Tell The Devil That I Saw DT Live.... So I Don't Give A Shit Where I End Up Here After.... He He....

THANK YOU DREAM THEATER.... WITH LOVE FROM SRI LANKA.

Rogger.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »
Expounder and GODIN Great pictures guys, thanks for sharing :)
Was it the first time seeing DT for everyone in this thread?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Expounder

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:54 AM »
Expounder and GODIN Great pictures guys, thanks for sharing :)
Was it the first time seeing DT for everyone in this thread?

Sorry Bout The Shitty Quality Progmetty.... Would Have Been Awesome If I Could Have Had My DSLR With Me.... GODIN.... Those Pics You Referred Me To Are Fucking EPIC.... Thanks Man....

And For Me.... Yup.... My First Theater Concert.... I Know Now That A DT Concert Cant Be Described.... It Has To Be Experienced....

Rogger

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 04:08:19 AM »
Great pics. Wonder why Mangini went back to the black heads on his bass drums?
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline Fuji Kolor

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »
Here they are!!!
DT arrived Bangkok....

Credit : PMG facebook

:tup :tup :tup

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »
It's probably just the way his Asian kit is set up, if I had to guess.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Expounder

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »
!!!! Check This Out.... !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=4rzUOiVaV5Y&feature=rel​ated

!!!! Check Out The Time 07:35.... And 07:45.... Right In Front Of Petrucci.... Right Side.... You'll See Me Raizing The Sri Lankan Flag.... !!!!

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:56 PM »
What a wonderful closing leg show.  Too bad I couldn't meet Rogger & Soheil.  Instead of the location which is very very far from Bangkok, I love Thunderdome.  A venue that we can choose how we want to see DT.  For those above 40yo like me, I can easily move.. sometimes sitting, sometimes standing on the front area but wing side, right/left, center.  If I feel tired, I just sit and watch them played.  And if I want to sing, I stand up and move joining the crowd.. :laugh:

Here are some pics.  As Rogger said, we can not bring our camera inside the venue.  But before encore, I went out, took my camera, went in, and took some pics. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/53151437@N03/

Thanks,

-andri-

Offline soheil

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 12:32:08 AM »
It was my 3rd time seeing them (2nd time in thailand) and I would like to say this one was the best. great mix, band was on fire, the stage, everything was superb. Seeing Rogger was a blast and we had great time together. Thank you bangkok and thank you dt. you rock!

Offline novenpeter

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »
It's probably just the way his Asian kit is set up, if I had to guess.
On 6-5-12 Live at Taipei he still using the A Dramatic Turn of Events cover drum head on his bass drum, just wondering why this show he didn't use it

Offline Expounder

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:43 AM »
What a wonderful closing leg show.  Too bad I couldn't meet Rogger & Soheil.  Instead of the location which is very very far from Bangkok, I love Thunderdome.  A venue that we can choose how we want to see DT.  For those above 40yo like me, I can easily move.. sometimes sitting, sometimes standing on the front area but wing side, right/left, center.  If I feel tired, I just sit and watch them played.  And if I want to sing, I stand up and move joining the crowd.. :laugh:

Here are some pics.  As Rogger said, we can not bring our camera inside the venue.  But before encore, I went out, took my camera, went in, and took some pics. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/53151437@N03/

Thanks,

-andri-

!!!! Quite The Talent You Have Andri.... The Composition Of The Pic With JP Is Absolutely Amazing.... I Actually Wore The Sri Lankan Flag On My Back After The Gig.... Hoping You And A Couple Of Other Friends Would Spot Me.... But There's Always Next Time.... And Hopefully I Could Make Some Deal With The Organizers And Take My DSLR In.... He He.... !!!!

Rogger.