Author Topic: 2012-07-09 - Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX  (Read 20206 times)

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
2012-07-09 - Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
Really excited Dallas is getting another show.  I will most certainly be there to see them again.  Anyone else going to this show?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:04:30 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
Re: 2012-07-09 - Verizon Theater - Grand Prarie, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
I'm thinking of flying in for it since I will be in FL all week that they are in CA

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
I'll be coming back from a trip the day before the show.  I get back in town mid-afternoon on the 8th and the show is the next day, so an extremely fortunate situation.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »
close call

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2012-07-09 - Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
I'm sure I'll be there, unless I'm traveling (a possibility) or opt to see them elsewhere.  I'll certainly see them once, and locally seems the most likely option.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:36:19 PM »
I hope a lot of folks go to this, would be fun to do a meet up before the show/after the show.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
I hope I manage to kidnap Barto from you guys, but it's a small chance.
I'm going to the San Antonio and Austin shows but Dallas is also so tempting because of the meet up possibilities.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
Go to the Dallas show!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
If I can find someone to carpool with I just might, but apparently I'm the only fan in San Antonio or Austin that uses the internet.
I might even consider a greyhound type bus, I never done that but I imagine it will be hellish.
But my issue aside I'm trying to imagine the geography better, why is it especially easier for non-Texans to go to the Dallas show?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »
It's a major metropolitan city with a couple of airports.  I don't think SA or Austin have similar facilities in terms of air travel do they?  Love field also is a big factor, flights from California to Dallas are relatively inexpensive.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Well yeah both SA and Austin have airports. Love Field is probably more "central" for some reason, back when I traveled to Abu Dhabi monthly I always found direct tickets to Dallas or Houston, and for cheaper but since I need to land in San Antonio I had to take transit flights, usually Atlanta cause I traveled Delta. (Delta sucks at customer service and care but I pick it cause Atlanta has the best airport out of all the other transit options that I tried out, including Detroit, Chicago and Washington D.C. They have nice big smoking rooms there that are well vented and also the Atlanta TSA are the nicest)
But then again isn't Houston just as major and central as Dallas? If there was a Houston show, would it be a better option for non-Texans?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
American Airlines hubs out of DFW.  That's one of the [very few] perks of living in Dallas.  Into or out of Dallas is almost always less than $300 from anywhere in the US.  Hell, they're actually quite a bit cheaper than SWA because of it.

Houston airfare is alright since SWA move a lot of their planes through it.  SWA has to limit their flights out of DAL because of a [pretty asinine] federal law.  Still, nothing like AA and DFW.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
In short, everyone come to Dallas.  Do it.

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
  • Waiting for the new Threshold album.
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
I'm going.  Anyone know anything about advanced ticket sales.  If not, when do they go on sale?
It was there right before our eyes, we were blind not to realize
In the rush to be globalized we signed away our freedom
We forgot how to criticize, we were scared to be demonized
As the truth was neutralized we lost the art of reason.

- Threshold "The Art of Reason"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
I'm going.  Anyone know anything about advanced ticket sales.  If not, when do they go on sale?
I haven't seen anything regarding tickets, but I've dealt with this place enough times to no longer worry about being first to get tickets.  You'll get decent seats regardless of when you purchase, and you'll only get excellent seats if you blow the right person.  Last time they came through, I was purchasing tickets at 10:00:15, and wound up with the same seats that Metty purchased 2 months later.  Honestly, I don't know who the great seats go to, but it's not the general public.
E.F. Benson

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 02:54:50 PM »
I haven't seen anything regarding tickets, but I've dealt with this place enough times to no longer worry about being first to get tickets.  You'll get decent seats regardless of when you purchase, and you'll only get excellent seats if you blow the right person.  Last time they came through, I was purchasing tickets at 10:00:15, and wound up with the same seats that Metty purchased 2 months later.  Honestly, I don't know who the great seats go to, but it's not the general public.
If you get a list of those people to blow, would you kindly forward it to me?

Many thanks.

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »

Many thanks.
...well

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »

Many thanks.
...well
I mean.... are you a fan or aren't you?

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »
I mean he could give you the list, but there would only be one name on it.

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 04:46:59 PM »
I mean he could give you the list, but there would only be one name on it.
:D

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Why the poop aren't these tix on sale.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
Why the poop aren't these tix on sale.
I'm guessing it's still not confirmed.  I've been keeping an eye out, and aside from DT' fairly worthless tour page, there's no reference to it anywhere. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Beowulf

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »
I must've not crawled out from under my rock lately, because this is news to me!!  I'm psyched!!   :metal 

I missed the last show in Dallas.  I kept promising my 13 year old for 2 months to get his chores done WITHOUT me or his mom bugging him about it and I would take him, despite the show being on a school night.  Guess who didn't do his chores?  Guess who also missed the show?

This time there's plenty of time for that kid to get his ass in gear.  It will be only his 2nd concert ever.
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Looks like the general onsale is on Friday 5/5 through AXS's [really crappy] ticketing site.  There's no mention of a presale, so I don't know if that's happening or not.  However, based on my experience, it won't make any difference anyway. 

Myself, I'll spend a couple of minutes Friday morning checking to see if I blunder into some good seats, but my prediction is that I'll be waiting until a day or two before the show before purchasing. 
E.F. Benson

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
Looks like there might be a pre-sale.  The Verizon site is asking for a promotional code.  I have no idea.

Offline Beowulf

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »
Looks like the general onsale is on Friday 5/5 through AXS's [really crappy] ticketing site.  There's no mention of a presale, so I don't know if that's happening or not.  However, based on my experience, it won't make any difference anyway. 

Myself, I'll spend a couple of minutes Friday morning checking to see if I blunder into some good seats, but my prediction is that I'll be waiting until a day or two before the show before purchasing. 

I agree.  When I saw them for Systematic Chaos at Nokia Theatre (I don't care what they call it now, that's what it is), I worked feverishly as soon as tix went on sale and got 8th row center.  I was thrilled since Redemption was on the bill.  But this time, since I'll be bringing my 13 year old son, I don't need his eardrums blown out like mine.  And I want him to get the full effect of the lights and all.  But... we WILL be there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

I agree.  When I saw them for Systematic Chaos at Nokia Theatre Nextstage (I don't care what they call it now, that's what it is), I worked feverishly as soon as tix went on sale and got 8th row center.  I was thrilled since Redemption was on the bill.  But this time, since I'll be bringing my 13 year old son, I don't need his eardrums blown out like mine.  And I want him to get the full effect of the lights and all.  But... we WILL be there.
E.F. Benson

Offline Beowulf

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »

I agree.  When I saw them for Systematic Chaos at Nokia Theatre Nextstage (I don't care what they call it now, that's what it is), I worked feverishly as soon as tix went on sale and got 8th row center.  I was thrilled since Redemption was on the bill.  But this time, since I'll be bringing my 13 year old son, I don't need his eardrums blown out like mine.  And I want him to get the full effect of the lights and all.  But... we WILL be there.

I never took to that name.  Hell, it wasn't even under that name for too long before it became Nokia.  All the corporate sponsorship drives me batty, especially when they change names.  That's why I like Cowboy Stadium: no corporate sponsorship; the Ballpark in Arlington.  We don' need no stinkin' sponsorship!

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
I'd really dig a meet up if some of you guys are interested.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 08:38:33 AM »
My policy is to stick with the a venue's original name.  In Dallas that's Starplex and Nextstage.

Eventually Jerry will sell naming rights for that monstrosity out in Arlington, the only reason he hasn't yet is that nobody would meet his asking price, and The Ballpark has already gone through some corporate sponsorships.  I figure the AAC is the venue most likely to remain the same (unless they decide to implode it next week).

Looks like there might be a pre-sale.  The Verizon site is asking for a promotional code.  I have no idea.
I saw that pop-up, and I'm not sure it's specific to this event.  I think it might be a generic message for tickets that haven't gone onsale yet.  "Tickets aren't on sale yet, but if you have an presale code, enter it here" sort of thing.
E.F. Benson

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
Barto, if you listen to the Ticket, they've been calling Jerry's place the "Turd on the Turnpike".

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
Barto, if you listen to the Ticket, they've been calling Jerry's place the "Turd on the Turnpike".
:babyarm:

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »
I DON'T WANT AUDIO

Offline James007

• Beatles Apologist

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
I actually have a fairly strong hatred for The Ticket.  Only radio I listen to is WRR and weather permitting KNTU.
E.F. Benson