Author Topic: 2012-07-06 - Majestic Theatre - San Antonio, TX  (Read 19163 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2012-07-06 - Majestic Theatre - San Antonio, TX
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 06:22:34 AM »
Love the pics! Glad you took some cause I didn't get a chance to :)
Yeah I was on floor leve, supposedly two rows ahead of you but on the left, that's why I estimated you'd be where I found the Scandinavian folks, we might be both off in our calculations :lol
You had M&G?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »
No M&G, and by the time we got to San Antonio we would have barely missed getting in line for it (we were running a little late :blush ) - post-show grub was first attempted on the way back home, waited an hour for food that was never delivered (but peeps who'd gotten there after us had gotten served no problem) so we went elsewhere and were successful.  Just don't ever go to the Denny's on North 35 at the Rittiman Road exit - ATROCIOUS everything.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
Oh Debra! I wish I could have met you just to tell you not go to to that Denny's. I've been living in U.S so almost 3 years now and the one thing I can tell you that I know for sure is that that Denny's sucks major bananas.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 01:59:02 AM »
Oh Debra! I wish I could have met you just to tell you not go to to that Denny's. I've been living in U.S so almost 3 years now and the one thing I can tell you that I know for sure is that that Denny's sucks major bananas.

We've already discussed this, my friend. ;)

P.S.  bosk, JP sez "Hai!" :rollin

:D

:biggrin:

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »
:lol I know, I typed this on my iPad earlier before we met.
Seriously though, how high would you rank the mood at the Majestic compared to any other theater you've seen DT at?

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 03:39:51 AM »
That's really hard to say, as us Texans are just about as rabid of DT fans as the home fans (NY) are.  Are you referring to the band's energy or the crowd's energy?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
Neither, although these two things are taken into consideration but I see it as a triangle with the third element being the vibe of the venue itself, the way the place looks and feels and the friendliness of the staff. I love that I can get up at the Majestic and do lean on that railing behind the sound engineer area, next to where the merchandise was set up and still be able to see the stage and hear the music. The epic decorations aside, I'd go with The Majestic when comparing between all four theaters I saw DT, you probably got more places to compare between.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »
Austin:  Austin Music Hall, The Back Yard, Bass Concert Hall, ACL Live
San Antonio:  Majestic Theater, AT&T Center
Dallas/Grand Prairie - Superpages, Verizon/Nokia Theater

Given the givens, I'm going to have to agree with the Majestic being first with ACL being a close second.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 04:06:51 AM »
 I completely agree about ACL Moody Theater being up there with the best :metal, I'm yet to see the Austin Music Hall but I hear good stuff about it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 04:14:15 AM »
I haven't been there since they remodeled/expanded it - the old hall was on the small side of medium sized.  Still a cool place though, as I saw The Crystal Method, Garbage, Primus and Slayer (there may be others I'm not remembering :lol ) there in addition to DT.

Offline Crash

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

A few from two vantage points I had...one sans an audience.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
Nice shows Crash, thanks for sharing :)
I wasn't as close but I'll post these two for the epicness: