Author Topic: 2012-07-21 - Caesar's - Atlantic City, NJ (formerly Chester, PA)  (Read 44473 times)

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: 2012-07-21 - Caesar's - Atlantic City, NJ (formerly Chester, PA)
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
You do realize what pro-active means, right? Yes, DT management dropped the ball, but if MP was still in the band I think he would have at very least lit a fire under their ass when this came up. Direct blame can be addressed to whomever, but at the end of the day DT could have certainly done more.

I just think when you're a touring musician, things like this are easy to get forgotten by the band.

And don't condescend to me Nick. I don't appreciate it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
it's very easy to say things like " if MP was still in the band I think he would have at very least lit a fire under their ass when this came up"

the rest of the band really dont care about the fans, totally knew about the issue, and wanted all of them to show up at the wrong venue. its too bad we lost the only member that cared

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2012, 07:44:56 AM »
The thing is that Nick is right. MP would've tweeted something. Saying something like that normally implies "the band is not connecting with fans now" or "they don't care as much as MP did" but that's not the case this time. The statement that this wouldn't have happened if MP were still in the band is simply true. Nothing more nothing less.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »
You do realize what pro-active means, right? Yes, DT management dropped the ball, but if MP was still in the band I think he would have at very least lit a fire under their ass when this came up. Direct blame can be addressed to whomever, but at the end of the day DT could have certainly done more.

I just think when you're a touring musician, things like this are easy to get forgotten by the band.

And don't condescend to me Nick. I don't appreciate it.

I understand they are busy, but on something important like this they should have acted, as MP would have. They have generally done a great job of connecting with the fans since MP left but they simply missed on this one. And I apologize if simply using your phrasing came off condescending to you.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
it's very easy to say things like " if MP was still in the band I think he would have at very least lit a fire under their ass when this came up"

the rest of the band really dont care about the fans, totally knew about the issue, and wanted all of them to show up at the wrong venue. its too bad we lost the only member that cared
Bingo.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2012, 11:38:56 AM »

Well said, dude. :clap:

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
If it's directed at me, let me just say that I am in no way insinuating that the rest of the band doesn't care about the fans. As I've already said, they've done a GREAT job connecting since MP left. That doesn't mean that mistakes won't happen, and I think it's rather fair to say that there was a mistake on this one.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »
Yeah I agree that the band could have announced on Facebook/Twitter. They have announced cancellations/venue changes many times before but I guess they just forgot about this one.

I agree that MP would have def. said something. Not saying the other guys don't care... MP is just all about social media

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if the BAND even knew that they were originally scheduled to perform at Chester....
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »
The Dark Eternal Night https://youtu.be/9IiUvOOOJO0
The Root of All Evil & Lost not Forgotten https://youtu.be/oTHwxZyl5PY
Last video for now. Will maybe upload the rest of them at a later time

The Spirit Carries On & Breaking All Illusions https://youtu.be/x8QCQio-SyM

Sorry to quote older posts, but :2metal:

EDIT:  Love Mangini's spitting moment at 14:06 of TSCO/BAI :rollin
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:05:07 PM by DebraKadabra »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »

Agreed.  I remember many having major issues when the fanfire thing was first being used by the band and no one from the band did anything to help them out (and we know Portnoy would have talked about it publicly had he) and it took forever for it all to get sorted out.  Like you said, stuff like that is more on management than the band members.