Author Topic: To neat freaks:  (Read 924 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
To neat freaks:
« on: April 13, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »
How do you dedicate yourself to being so damn clean and organized?

I'm disorganized and careless; how do I put an end to it?

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: To neat freaks:
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »
Start giving a shit :lol

I just was raised by organized parents and I just like to have things in their place. Also the show Monk was a big inspiration for me to stay organized
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:38:34 PM »
what i tell my dad, every fucking day: if you don't make a mess you don't have to clean anything.

but since my dad drops food on the floor and leaves it there i guess maybe it's not working.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
Initially, you need to take a day to clean up and make the place spotless. From there it's easier to maintain on an ongoing basis. Once it's clean, just don't let stuff pile up. Clean up after yourself right away. Dishes go in the sink or dishwasher immediately after a meal, clothes go in a basket instead of on the floor, etc. Spending 2 minutes to pick up 5 times a day is much easier than spending an hour or two once a week. As far as cleaning (rather than just picking up) goes, a schedule helps. Monday clean the bathrooms, Tuesday the kitchen, Wednesday vacuum, etc.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:05:43 PM »

Get married.

Changed everything for me.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Cable

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
It really is just management, maybe time management.

Lets go with two ways to change from works clothes; A) throw them on the floor for all five days during a work week, picking them up on the weekend or B) hang them up all five days.

With option A, you will be cleaning up five changes of clothes. Option B, you never have to pick up five piles because they were never created.

At SOME point, it will need to be cleaned up. And the bigger the mess, the more time. Now of course if you do not have time to hang stuff up during the week, that is a different story. But the point is still valid.

It takes dedication to be clean, and discipline. And this is not to say there is never a day where I get lazy and do not feel like cleaning something up.

Get married.

Changed everything for me.

Or in my case, reversed it.   :(
---

Offline jsem

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
Oh boy. My desk does not look pretty atm. Everything is piled up into a big cluster. Not good.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
For me, it's just a simple matter of efficiency.  I take the extra 30 seconds to deal with something properly precisely because I'm lazy and I know it.  If I don't deal with it right away, it will sit there, because no one else is going to deal with it.  I'll look at it every day, piling up and being in my way, and it will bug the shit out of me.  At some point, I'll have to take an hour to deal with all of it, and I don't have an hour to waste.  I do have 30 seconds right now and every time, and by taking the 30 seconds each time, I don't have work around a growing pile every day between now and whenever I end up taking an hour to deal with all of it.  So I always deal it with right away.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »
Always been a slob, I just ponder too much about stuff to want to dedicate time for cleaning things.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 11:22:45 PM »
Always been a slob, I just ponder too much about stuff to want to dedicate time for cleaning things.

rumborak
That's weird. I figured you to be the type of person that was organized. I kind of expected your room would have everything labelled and organized alphabetically.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »
But then he'd have wasted all his chop-honing time on menial work and wouldn't be able to play JP shit.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 02:40:37 AM »

rumborak
That's weird. I figured you to be the type of person that was organized. I kind of expected your room would have everything labelled and organized alphabetically.
I don't have that impression at all.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »
Wow yeah, that's gotta be the most off impression of me you could think. Much to the dismay of my mother (who likes structure and rules), my life is a combination of "happy go-lucky" and creative chaos. I usually work on 5 things at the same time, and my room is a disaster.
The world is far too interesting to be wasted on arranging items in my room in an order that doesn't even lend itself to good use.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 05:50:58 AM »
You should be happy that you don't have my disease. It's a mild form of OCD, passed down from my mother. She was conditioned to be the same way by her mother. It's not a blessing, it's annoying. I don't want to give a damn. Just remember that being a neat-freak=/=good organization. As a very wise man once said, A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.