Author Topic: 2012-06-27 - State Theater - Minneapolis, MN  (Read 10706 times)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2012-06-27 - State Theater - Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
He's really making this a nightly thing now, isn't he?

Offline John94

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
Maybe the Pirate was trying to....jump ship...

:hat

Offline TheXone

Mpls concert last night was awesome! And funny story!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
Get to the concert and get the first beer. The first band had 3 bass players, 2 drummers and a guitarist. I was sitting right next to the bass speakers and it almost blew my heart out of my chest. In rolls 2 jabronis...maybe just one. Dude has 2 cups of beer one in each hand and tunrs around and says "Hey man we get drunk at concerts...we drink and we are awesome we are mirror of dreams check us out and google us"..I tell him cool story bro. Hey then starts to lean over onto the stage and almost spills his drink on the bass players stomp box and snake head. Security warns him and he sists down...next he gets up and start pointing at the bass player and harrassing her. Security tells him one more tim he is out. He then tilts his head back and for 8 mns he is sitting there with his mouth open and tongue out looking smart. It was like...hey man is this guy on the right train. He then stands up and points at the lead singer leaning up onto the stage again. He points for like 10mns...unreal dude was whack and I think he had a backstage pass but before dream theater could go on he got booted. (Ha you douch thats what you get). So James comes out and everyone starts cheering...all of a sudden he dissapears and and starts to climb up. He fell the frick off stage! Wasnt funny it was more like...hey WTF....holy...is he alright. He then gave a short speech on the fall and went back to work rocking our friggen socks off. John was spot on and ripped out clean licks like he always does. He started to have fun shortly on and we kept egging him on! It was great!...did I say it was great!. The new drummer kicked major a55...dude can really keep up. Our beloved bassist has always been modest but really without one of the wheels the car dont go man. He was awesome last night! His bass solos were flawless and he came over and shook hands with the crowd. The wizard also kicked tail pounding the living behezuus out of his keys he sent shockwaves into the crowd. I would say the sound guys need a little work. They kept Johns guitar volume up after a solo but didnt kick up James's vocal volume throughout the next entire song. James wasnt loud enough in my opinion they could have turned him up quite a bit. That theater is hard to play because you have sound bouncing back at you from 70 feet away. Great show DT...thanks for playing in MN and we will surely see you next time

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Mpls concert last night was awesome! And funny story!
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »
I think this is supposed to be about the DT show in Minneapolis.  Based on that assumption, it is being moved to the correct forum.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 11:29:16 AM »
It was a good show, sadly far from sold out. But great show. I thought he jumped into the audience, but nope, he fell
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »
Ha, we were wondering what was going on with the guy in the first row that was basically hanging over onto the stage and doing stupid stuff all through the Crimson Projekct's set.  He looked like he was hopped up on something for sure.
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 06:15:16 PM »
Ha, we were wondering what was going on with the guy in the first row that was basically hanging over onto the stage and doing stupid stuff all through the Crimson Projekct's set.  He looked like he was hopped up on something for sure.

Dude first came in before Crimson and 'Tom Sawyer' was playing and he's like  "HEEEEEYYYYY, THAT'S RUSH"  and goes on to tell everybody up front this fact.  Yes, he and his buddy were a bit over the top to say the least. 

I still can't believe James fell from the stage....it was surreal.  It kind of put a little damper on the show for me to be honest.  I just felt so bad for him, but he all but made up for it with amazing range.  I was in 3rd row. Ok, the damperness faded but I felt bad for him. 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 03:23:09 AM »
I won the Dream Theater Trivia contest and got 2 tickets and 2 meet and greet passes! so pumped for tomorrow.

Wow, nicely done.  Was this a radio promotion?  What were some of the questions, maybe you could stump us ....

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2012, 06:30:02 AM »
I won the Dream Theater Trivia contest and got 2 tickets and 2 meet and greet passes! so pumped for tomorrow.

Wow, nicely done.  Was this a radio promotion?  What were some of the questions, maybe you could stump us ....

it was a texting thing through roadrunner. i did it,  some of the questions were (for me at least):

what music fraternity were JP and JM in during their time at berklee? when was the last year mangini won 'world's fastest drummer'? which david bowie album did jordan play on?

that's all i remember

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »
That's the quiz I got too

God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Mladen

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
Damn, still no footage of the fall? But judging by the comments, it wouldn't be funny.  :smiley:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
Damn, still no footage of the fall? But judging by the comments, it wouldn't be funny.  :smiley:

I mentioned it to James after the S.F. show, and at least after the fact, he thinks it's funny.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »
It wasn't funny at first because if he was in another spot, it would've been right into the seats, but luckily he did it in the aisle. Funny because the fact he just walked right off stage, no trip- just a step off the stage
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
I just have to ask about this.. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw an interview when James mentioned this show!  :omg: I feel really bad for him, but is there really no video?? I was wondering how he didn't fall on top of anyone when he fell, but from what you guys are saying, it looks like he fell into the isle and by the grace of God above, everyone survived ?

Yeah, gravity gave James The Myung Tackle tonight. Hilarious. but he played it off like a boss.

Killer show!

*I recorded both sets, sadly only audio*

Is this audio posted somewhere? Did James say anything worth hearing when he got back on stage??

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
I just have to ask about this.. I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw an interview when James mentioned this show!  :omg: I feel really bad for him, but is there really no video?? I was wondering how he didn't fall on top of anyone when he fell, but from what you guys are saying, it looks like he fell into the isle and by the grace of God above, everyone survived ?

Yeah, gravity gave James The Myung Tackle tonight. Hilarious. but he played it off like a boss.

Killer show!

*I recorded both sets, sadly only audio*

Is this audio posted somewhere? Did James say anything worth hearing when he got back on stage??

I don't have the audio anymore as it got lost along with some other awesome bootlegs I had made. but I do remember him saying right after the song was done...

"You know, I don't do drugs but after the last two nights I have had, I might as well. last night in Chicago I triped over John Petrucci's Guitar Cord."
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 08:23:17 AM »
Hah wow! Thanks for answering!