Author Topic: 2012-07-01 - Warfield Theatre - San Francisco, CA  (Read 23102 times)

Offline jcmistat

2012-07-01 - Warfield Theatre - San Francisco, CA
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
Where it all began! They couldn't resist returning! I know they will play Breaking All Illusions. I expect another fucking amazing show. See you there!
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:23:21 PM by cyberdrummer »

Offline chucke

Re: 2012-07-01 - Warfield Theatre - San Francisco, CA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
Awesome. I am there.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
I might be attending...I already bought tix for Mayhem Fest the same day, but i might sell those to a friend.  But im probably going to go to the Chester, PA show as well since I'll be in Philly then.  Stoked to see them again! \m/

first post by the way, nice to meet you all \m/

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Doors open at 8:00pm
on sale:Fri, 04/20/12 at 10:00 AM
Ticket prices range from $62.50 with fees to $77.00
Link to where the tickets will be sold https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV2.html?wr=8b5c428d-f067-4c47-aad2-78151ce70fd1&skin=goldenvoice_warfield&preFill=1
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »
Might be iffy whether I make it to this one.  Got my kids graduation right before it, along with the nine day trip to NY.  Be tough to get a Sunday off three days after getting back, but I'm willing to do what it takes.

*breaks out kneepads for boss*

If I do make it happen, meet up at Lefty O'Douls before the show, just like last time. :metal

Offline sherms

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
how fast do floor tickets typically sell for DT shows at the Warfield? could I get away with waiting until Monday and still get a GA ticket?

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »
I think I am going

*does a giddy dance*

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
how fast do floor tickets typically sell for DT shows at the Warfield? could I get away with waiting until Monday and still get a GA ticket?

Oh yeah you should be fine. I think I waited at least a week if not more before I bought tickets for GA.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
got GA tickets today  :metal :metal :metal

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »
All right, "talked" to the boss, and got the day off. My jaw is still a bit sore, but I''m going!!!! :metal :metal

So, for a meet up if anyone's interested, last time we met at Lefty O'douls, a bar and grill about four blocks from the Warfield, who's in?

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
I arrive into SFO about 5:30, so depending on transportation options I will be there.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Got my plane ticket, hotel and GA ticket, so basically all set.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 12:59:52 AM »
I arrive into SFO about 5:30, so depending on transportation options I will be there.

Take BART from SFO to Powell St. station, about a 40 minute ride.  The theater and the bar are both within four blocks of the station.  Transportation issue settled. :)

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:01 AM »
 :tup

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
That DTF tour guide monniker isn't just a joke. ;)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 02:19:30 PM »
Just got my tickets.  It's on bitches!!!!

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:24 AM »
Just got my tickets.  It's on bitches!!!!

Planning on getting my tickets later today. Would like to take one of my friends and possibly his girl to the show and see if my other friend who I brought to the Sept show wants to come again.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
You up for a meet up?  Sounds like Yeshaberto is in.  I haven't heard whether bosk or Fierywinds is going this time round though.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »
I haven't decided yet, but I'll join you guys at the meetup if I do go!  :metal

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:35 AM »
Bought 4 GA tickets! Bringing 3 friends to the show courtesy of me. Today has been a great day!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:04:33 AM by jcmistat »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
Mine came yesterday, tickets in hand, bringing my same buddy as last time. Is it July yet?

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
I did electronic so I just print them out and scan it at the venue. Perhaps I'm missing out on having a legit ticket stub.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 01:21:47 AM »
I did electronic so I just print them out and scan it at the venue. Perhaps I'm missing out on having a legit ticket stub.

I thought about that, but I just needed to have the tickets.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 01:58:34 AM »

I thought about that, but I just needed to have the tickets.

Now that I think about I should have done that. I'm trying to see if I can re do it.

Offline mallorier

• Blissciple
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
Oh man guys I am so excited for this show I can't even handle it!!! I am literally counting down the days at this point! Saw them kick off the North American tour here on 09.24.11 with my posse...it was almost a spiritual experience lmao! Well worth the five hour drive from Ashland, OR to see such an awesome show in an awesome venue. This time around it's gonna be a ten hour drive, but I have no doubt this show will be just as awesome! Curious though....those of you who were also in attendance for the last show, what are your hopes for the setlist? Any particular songs that the LA crowd got that we missed that you're hoping for? Any songs you're really hoping to see again? I want to get Breaking All Illusions, and would be stoked to see The Great Debate again :3

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
We got BIA, Wait For Sleep, and Far From Heaven and you didnt :P

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
Oh man guys I am so excited for this show I can't even handle it!!! I am literally counting down the days at this point! Saw them kick off the North American tour here on 09.24.11 with my posse...it was almost a spiritual experience lmao! Well worth the five hour drive from Ashland, OR to see such an awesome show in an awesome venue. This time around it's gonna be a ten hour drive, but I have no doubt this show will be just as awesome! Curious though....those of you who were also in attendance for the last show, what are your hopes for the setlist? Any particular songs that the LA crowd got that we missed that you're hoping for? Any songs you're really hoping to see again? I want to get Breaking All Illusions, and would be stoked to see The Great Debate again :3

I just need to see Breaking All Illusions, everything else will be gravy.  Though the setlist thread is suggesting possibilities of 6:00, which is one I haven't seen yet, so that will be cool too.

And even though you're new, stop by Lefty O'douls pub before the show and meet some of the wacky DTFers. :metal

Offline mallorier

• Blissciple
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
Hells yeah! We're gonna be camping out pretty early for our spots, but there's going to be enough of us that we should be able to split into groups and rotate line saving duty. I'll try to convince the people I group up with to check out Lefty's! Sweet action  :metal

One of the guys I'm making the trip with got me thinking about this last night: Honestly, the song I want to hear more than anything else off ADTOE is LNF...is this even a reasonable thing to hope for? I guess we'll all find out come June lol :3

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »
Cool, we'll chat more details as the show looms closer.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »

I remember talking to someone next to me at the September show saying they made the drive down from Oregon. I think I was standing right behind you and your group. One of them has a Majesty logo tattoo on his forearm and you were grooving to the songs.

That spot was really good, perfect view of the whole stage. I'm going to try to stand there again.

I with Lonestar, I need to see Breaking All Illusions! I'm suspect the set list will be similar to the 2nd European leg/Asia tour. I'm hoping additions of LNF and This is the Life as well. Complete the ADTOE experience!

Offline mallorier

• Blissciple
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:59 AM »
I remember talking to someone next to me at the September show saying they made the drive down from Oregon. I think I was standing right behind you and your group. One of them has a Majesty logo tattoo on his forearm and you were grooving to the songs.

That spot was really good, perfect view of the whole stage. I'm going to try to stand there again.

I with Lonestar, I need to see Breaking All Illusions! I'm suspect the set list will be similar to the 2nd European leg/Asia tour. I'm hoping additions of LNF and This is the Life as well. Complete the ADTOE experience!

Hahaha yes!!! Dude that was totally me and my crew! I apologize if you got hit by a flailing limb...what can I say? The music...it moves me lmao! All of us who made it out last time are coming out again, plus a few more. I also am determined to get the same spot again...I will wait out front of the Warfield all day Sunday if I have to lol!

And yes...LNF would basically be the best thing ever. One of the guys I went down with last time and I thought that LNF would make such an EPIC intro song! BITS (hehehe...bits  :lol) was perfect, for sure, but at the same time...can't you just hear it/see it? Dark stage...that beautiful, languid piano intro, and then... :metal  :metal  :metal!!! I'm sure they'll keep BITS as the opener, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that LNF makes an appearance somewhere on the setlist :3

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
I love it, a secret DTF meetup six months before one of you joins the forum. :lol

Offline mallorier

• Blissciple
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
I love it, a secret DTF meetup six months before one of you joins the forum. :lol

Dude! I'm telling you...Dream Theater has this weird ability to randomly connect people! A lot of the crew I went with last time met each other at Dream Theater shows years before life actually brought them together as irl friends...pretty cool stories, actually...they'll have to share at the meet up :3

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
Hey, the more the merrier!!!