Author Topic: Cheers appreciation thread  (Read 8161 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
Re: Cheers appreciation thread
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2022, 03:10:41 PM »
I never really watched Cheers. It was a bit before my time and wasn't syndicated in the UK that often. Probably should get around to watching it at some point though.

Fraiser I would argue as definitely one of the top 5 sitcoms ever made.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2022, 03:15:41 PM »
I watched all of Frasier but I ever saw Cheers. He’s quite different between the two shows but I love them both but probably give the overall edge to Frasier and that’s likely cause I saw it first.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2022, 06:20:03 PM »

Well, to be clear, I don't like Frazier BECAUSE of his show; they sanded off the rough edges as they almost always have to do with a main character.  I did like him on Cheers, especially with Lilith.

Gotcha, makes sense. Frasier was definitely more neurotic and a little crazier on Cheers, in a good way.  Like you said, he was sanded off on his own show, while Niles, who was awesome, was almost to the show Frasier what the Frasier character was to Cheers (I hope that made sense).

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2022, 07:18:43 PM »
Niles was definitely similar to Frasier at the beginning of Cheers. But Frasier was very much trying to be a "common man" for much of Cheers, a quality he largely lost on his own show.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2022, 09:19:15 PM »
As tribute to this beauty - which is your favorite?

Not to be a dick, but none of them, actually. I never considered her all that attractive. And I never cared for her character on Cheers. I think I lost interest once Sam "sold the bar".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2022, 09:23:12 PM »
I could never get in to Frasier, but by that time I think I had burned out on sitcoms, and wasn't watching TV with the regularity I had for so long.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2022, 06:21:34 AM »

Not to be a dick, but none of them, actually. I never considered her all that attractive. And I never cared for her character on Cheers. I think I lost interest once Sam "sold the bar".

I am mostly with ya.  If her hair and makeup was just right, she could have that kind of sultry, hot look, but in general, she was never an actress I saw on the screen and thought, "Damn."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2022, 08:14:39 AM »

I am mostly with ya.  If her hair and makeup was just right, she could have that kind of sultry, hot look, but in general, she was never an actress I saw on the screen and thought, "Damn."

On any given day, she's top five for me.  I found her EXCEEDINGLY beautiful. 

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2022, 09:08:03 AM »
She looked great in Summer School.

Also one of my favorite dumb 80's films of all time.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online pg1067

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2022, 09:13:26 AM »
I'm in the middle but closer to Tim than Bill.  For me, Peri Gilipin/Roz >>>> Kirstie Alley/Rebecca.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2022, 09:22:11 AM »
I'm in the middle but closer to Tim than Bill.  For me, Peri Gilipin/Roz >>>> Kirstie Alley/Rebecca.

Shocking.  Peri is cute, but FOR ME, Peri is to Kirstie as Joe Elliot is to Freddie Mercury.  Or Longhorn is to Delmonico's Steak House.  Or Stone Gossard is to Ritchie Blackmore.   Or Jarred Goff is to Tom Brady.   I could do this all day.  :) :) :)

Online pg1067

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2022, 09:23:14 AM »

Shocking.  Peri is cute, but FOR ME, Peri is to Kirstie as Joe Elliot is to Freddie Mercury.  Or Longhorn is to Delmonico's Steak House.  Or Stone Gossard is to Ritchie Blackmore.   Or Jarred Goff is to Tom Brady.   I could do this all day.  :) :) :)

That one genuinely made me laugh.   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2022, 10:28:05 PM »

Good pull on that one. In high school whenever we had multiple choice tests, when the teacher would say it our time was up, me and a friend would always say "C.... C.... C.... "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQlOayDcnGo
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2022, 06:03:09 AM »

I caught that one again a few years ago. There are quite a few 80s films that haven't aged well for me, but that one was still pretty good.  That came out on cable right around when we first got some movie channels, so I saw that, Dragnet (aged well in some spots, not well in other spots) and The Secret of My Success (this is one that has not aged well) a lot that year.