Author Topic: The Official Ghost Thread v. summer 2023 US tour  (Read 117931 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Official Ghost Thread v. Popestar tour info on page 11
« Reply #630 on: June 06, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »
I was just reading Metal Archives and saw that Per "Sodomizer" Ericsson is the current bassist?  I thought it was still the woman that they had before, at least the bassist's ghoul mask looked different than the others in the clips I've seen. 

Either way, sucks that he's not with Bloodbath anymore, but if he is in Ghost, good for him!
I think Per is the lead guitarist now. Chris Catalyst is the rhythm, Hayden Scott is the drummer, no clue who bass, third guitar, and the Ghulehs are, although some have said one might be Erna from Lordi.

I think you’re thinking of Meg Thomas who was on the US run of the Popestar tour before everyone else got fired. She’s thanked in the liner notes of the album

What was the band lineup for last summer's tour?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #631 on: June 06, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »
I love the first half of Helvetesfonster, but then again it kind of falls off and ends somewhat uneventfully.
That's odd. I think the second half of that song is the interesting part. Some truly gorgeous melodies and glorious guitar work.

You might be right.  More listens are forthcoming and it is possible the second half will grab me more. :tup :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #632 on: June 06, 2018, 05:55:51 PM »
Miasma Sax Solo and Cardinal Copia's White Suit Entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hu8gBZaY3I

This is awesome.

Had a few more listens including a full album listen on my drive home today and this album is catchy af.  Probably not a bad song here, although I think Pro Memoria may be my least favorite, but even then, there's some awesome melody there.  Life Eternal is a pretty awesome closer.  I think Witch Image may be the hidden gem of this album though.  That song is fun and catchy, has awesome guitar work and a booming sing along chorus.  Really hard to determine which songs I like the most.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #633 on: June 06, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »
What was the band lineup for last summer's tour?
Tobias- Papa III
Per Ericsson-Bass
Ben Christo-Guitar
Chris Catalyst-Guitar
Hayden Scott- Drums
Zac Baird- Keys

So Per, Chris, and Hayden are the ones returning.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #634 on: June 06, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »
Thank you.  I thought that band was outstanding. I'm so glad they made a live album to capture them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #635 on: June 07, 2018, 12:03:42 AM »
I’ll always have a soft spot for the first incarnation of the band, mainly rhythm guitarist Martin and his onstage personality. That’s the band that I fell in love with and saw many times. They were and are all fantastic musicians. The Ceremony and Devotion lineup is just a fun lineup—they brought even more personality to the Ghouls and interact with the audience a lot more. I’m happy to report that although the lineup is the same, the additions bring a whole lot more. At the show last week, I kept watching the female keyboardists. They bring so much style and fun to the band. They dance, interact with each other, and just look like they are having fun. Their interpretive hand motions for Pinnacle to the Pit was hilarious and perfect!
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: June 07, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »
According to blabbermouth, the album is set to land at #3 in the billboard top 200  :omg:

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #637 on: June 08, 2018, 02:42:04 AM »
I've had exactly one listen of the full album. FInally got it in the mail yesterday and I was very excited to play it in the car this morning. I must say, I'm a little torn on this album, but that's also partly because I've had only one listen. The first three tracks got me thinking this would be among their best (Faith is an amazing song, and I had heard Rats once before as it was released as it was released as a single). See the Light felt very disappointing, but I figured that would just be a slight dip for a slower, ballad-like track and Miasma made up for it more than enough (outstanding musicianship!). The second half of the album was a little tame to me, especially compared to Meliora, which I consider to be the band's best output. I meed some more listens, definitely, because I can hear the song-writing is really good. It's just that I had hoped for a little heavier I guess. The covers at the end were excellent though and are more in line with their previous work. It would have been nice if the album had expanded on that sound slightly more.

tl;dr: I can't really say anything after one listen. Parts of it were very good, other parts didn't do much (yet)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #638 on: June 08, 2018, 03:30:37 AM »
It grows better with further listenings. It's an easy and short immersion in their world, nothing too complex, but all the songs are strong. Maybe one instrumental less and one fast / heavy song more would have been even better....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Art

« Reply #639 on: June 08, 2018, 05:49:54 AM »
It grows better with further listenings.

that is true. i like it more now.  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #640 on: June 08, 2018, 05:51:43 AM »
Miasma and Helvetesfonster are two of the best songs on it, so I can't agree with saying one less instrumental would have made it better. 

Jumping back an album, while I have always liked it, Majesty has recently become one of my favorites.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #641 on: June 08, 2018, 06:13:33 AM »
Miasma and Helvetesfonster are two of the best songs on it, so I can't agree with saying one less instrumental would have made it better. 

Jumping back an album, while I have always liked it, Majesty has recently become one of my favorites.

I thought the instrumentals were good indeed.

Majesty is good, but it's a weaker track among really good tracks, as far as I'm concerned.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: June 08, 2018, 06:55:15 AM »
Yea I have no beef with the instrumentals, I'd punt Helvetesfonster if I had to choose one, but they don't hold the album back.  Maybe another heavy song would have been good though, the back half is a much softer album than it starts out as.

EDIT:

I just logged into facebook and one year ago today  :metal:

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:10:47 AM by cramx3 »

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #643 on: June 08, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »
Yea this is growing on me and has jumped to my #7 spot. It's also sent me on a Ghost kick. I finally got around to downloading Popestar and Meliora and they are both great.

I have had the first two albums for at least the last 4 years, they're ok but this newer stuff is sticking with me. I LOVE the new album art and, although I don't love the latest vocal incarnation, I really loved the Popestar era look. I just don't want to stop listening to these guys at the moment.

I've never even come close to seeing them and that shit needs to be rectified. Just been talking gigs with some of my buddies and quite a few of them are up for seeing them when they tour next, result!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #644 on: June 08, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »
One thing I've realized about Dance Macabre is that the bridge is possibly even better than the chorus. Yeah, the chorus is anthemic and singalong-ish, but coming from the verse into "How could it end like this, there's a sting in the way that you kiss me"... that's where the song actually is irresistible.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #645 on: June 08, 2018, 11:43:57 AM »
That's the song of the year as far as I'm concerned. It's so mesmerizing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #646 on: June 08, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »
That's the song of the year as far as I'm concerned. It's so mesmerizing.

It should also be the crossover hit for the summer, if people not into heavy music can like Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman or You Shook Me All Night Long, why can't they like this song? but probably the summer hit it's gonna be Despacito pt. 2 or something like that.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #647 on: June 08, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
I love Majesty. I remember Omega, the rhythm guitarist at the time, said that the the title Majesty was picked out for the song before they had anything else and they wanted to make a guitar riff that sounded majestic. I gotta say, that opening riff fits the bill for the word majestic.

On the Black to the Future Tour, it was featured for the first few shows and had a mini drum solo at the end of it, but sadly they dropped it somewhere during the tour and it's never come back. I love that track. One of my favorites
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #648 on: June 08, 2018, 06:35:24 PM »
Majesty is a good example of the little things making a song so much better.

Those little cymbal tings in between the vocal lines at the start of each chorus are so cool.  They are part of the hook!

"Old One! Master!!"

So simple, yet so effective.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #649 on: June 09, 2018, 03:24:25 AM »
I love the descending, epic vocal melodies after the second chorus. That song is incredible, yet it was also the one I used to skip when I first got into the album. It took me a while to appreciate it.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2018, 04:24:29 AM »
Majesty was never one of my favorites but I think it has perhaps the coolest ending to any Ghost song. I've listened to Prequelle many times now and I couldn't be happier with it. I seriously adore every song, and just for fun I'm going to attempt ranking them.
1. Helvetesfönster (if you are on the fence about this one, then just listen to it while walking in a forest).
2. Dance Macabre
3. Faith
4. Witch Image
5. Pro Memoria
6. See the Light
7. Rats
8. Miasma
9. Life Eternal
10. Ashes

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #651 on: June 11, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »
Ghost announces a MASSIVE US Tour for the Fall:

A Pale Tour Named Death 2018 US Tour
Oct. 26 - Tulsa, Okla. @ Cox Business Center Ballroom
Oct.  27 - Kansas City, Mo. @ Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
Oct.  29 - Louisville, Ky. @ Palace Theatre
Oct.  30 - Indianapolis, Ind. @ The Murat Theatre
Nov. 01 - Chicago, Ill. @ Aragon Ballroom
Nov. 02 - Peoria, Ill. @ Peoria Civic Center - Theatre
Nov. 03 - Madison, Wis. @ The Sylvee
Nov. 04 - Ames, Iowa @ Stephens Auditorium
Nov. 06 - Omaha, Neb. @ Orpheum Theater
Nov. 08 - Albuquerque, N.M. @ Kiva Auditorium
Nov. 09 - El Paso, Texas @ Abraham Chavez Theatre
Nov. 10 - Phoenix, Ariz. @ Comerica Theatre
Nov. 12 - San Diego, Calif. @ Spreckels Theatre
Nov. 13 - Sacramento, Calif. @ Sacramento Community Center Theater
Nov. 15 - San Jose, Calif. @ City National Civic Center
Nov. 16 - Los Angeles, Calif. @ The Forum
Nov. 17 - Las Vegas, Nev. @ The Joint
Nov. 19 - Midland, Texas @ Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center
Nov. 20 - Austin, Texas @ Bass Concert Hall
Nov. 21 - New Orleans, La. @ Orpheum Theatre
Nov. 23 - Orlando, Fla. @ Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts - Walt Disney Theater
Nov. 24 - Miami Beach, Fla. @ The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theater
Nov. 25 - Clearwater, Fla. @ Ruth Eckerd Hall
Nov. 27 - North Charleston, S.C. North Charleston Performing Arts Center
Nov. 29 - Mobile, Alab. @ Saenger Theatre
Nov. 30 - Atlanta, Ga. @ Roxy Theatre
Dec. 01 - Jacksonville, Fla. @ Florida Theatre
Dec. 02 - Charlotte, N.C. @ Ovens Auditorium
Dec. 04 - Richmond, Va. @ Dominion Energy Center
Dec. 05 - Wilkes-Barre, Penn. @ F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
Dec. 07 - Laval, Quebec @ Place Bell
Dec. 08 - Toronto, Ontario @ Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
Dec. 10 - Baltimore, Md. @ The Hippodrome
Dec. 11 - Upper Darby, Penn. @ Tower Theater
Dec. 13 - Albany, N.Y. @ Palace Theatre
Dec. 14 - Boston, Mass. @ Wang Theatre
Dec. 15 - Brooklyn, N.Y. Barclays Center

Looks like I'm making the 3 hour trek down to Ames, Iowa to see them. Pumped to see them in a big theater!
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: June 11, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
GODDAMN NOTHING IN WA, NOT EVEN PDX
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »
Waiting for the European tour  :corn

Ok, so after about 6 listens, this may end up being my #1 album of the year. It's so damn catchy and I just want to keep listening to it!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #654 on: June 12, 2018, 04:42:26 AM »

Yeah, this.

I'm actually considering going to a random metal festival nearby where nothing interesting plays except Leprous & Ghost just to see them (and maybe get a glimpse of Sons of Apollo and hearing their music for the first time)
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #655 on: June 12, 2018, 06:08:52 AM »

Yeah, this.

I'm actually considering going to a random metal festival nearby where nothing interesting plays except Leprous & Ghost just to see them (and maybe get a glimpse of Sons of Apollo and hearing their music for the first time)
I already have tickets to that :lol come see Figaro's Whore live!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #656 on: June 12, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »
Cool, I'll join. My mother lives like a mile from there, so it's not that hard for me to get there at all.
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #657 on: June 12, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »
:metardica:

The train network to Eindhoven is fantastic anyway, it's even quickly accessible for me
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »
Definitely leaning towards going to the Barclays arena show, but it's far off and tickets aren't selling like crazy so I will hold off, but I like the album enough to want to see the big show.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »
Nothing near Pittsburgh  :sad:

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #660 on: June 12, 2018, 10:57:01 AM »
Got 7th row tickets for the Ames, Iowa show. Really excited for it. I think it will be a different set and stage setup, since he has alluded to more theatrics and pyro for the fall shows.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Pappy

« Reply #661 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »
I can't read so I missed there being a KC date and thought there was no Missouri date. So I did the logical thing and bought tickets for the Toronto show. Figured I've never been there. Why not?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #663 on: June 14, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »
Ghost & Candlemass Covering Metallica Enter Sandman - Polar Music Prize 2018

very awesome  :metal

Woah, that's cool indeed!

What was the occasion? An why didn't they play a song of their own?
Squ

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #664 on: June 14, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »
Ghost & Candlemass Covering Metallica Enter Sandman - Polar Music Prize 2018

very awesome  :metal

Woah, that's cool indeed!

What was the occasion? An why didn't they play a song of their own?

That was a cool cover!

They played a Metallica song because Metallica was receiving the Polar Music Award at that ceremony.