Author Topic: The Official Ghost Thread v. summer 2023 US tour  (Read 117910 times)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Anybody know what a Guleh is?

I assume it's the name of the Zombie Queen. Or maybe another way of saying Ghoul?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
I assumed it was meant to suggest "Ghouley"-and that's the name of the Zombie Queen-myself.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
I like to think of it as a weird satanic chant that all the zombies say to their queen.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I'm still in the middle of translating Infestissumam. All Heavenly/Wipeout doesn't make much sense

Il Padre
Il Filio
Et Lo Spiritus Malum
Omnis Caelestis
Delenda Est

Anti Cristus
Il Filio De Sathanas
INFESTISSUMAM

The Father
The Son
The Evil Spirit
All Heavenly
Wipe Out

Anti-Christ
The Son of Satan
Most Hostile
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
Delenda Est is "must be destroyed"

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Now that makes more sense.
All Heavenly
Must Be Destroyed
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline TexansDT

The following passage is in a random piece of fiction on Yahoo!:

Every night, my attention would be rapt on every detail as it poured from my father's true fear. "One of them", my father would say, "was called Iblis. God said for him to kiss Adam and Iblis said no. So God changed Iblis's name to Satan. Satan now has many children that are called the Ghul and the Ghuleh. Ghuleh still roam the earth and love to eat women and children. You never know who the Ghuleh is because they can change the way they look and hide right in front of you. Then, when you move your foot, it snatches and grabs your ankle and pulls you in to eat you slowly! That's why you never go into the desert. Ghuleh is waiting for you there."

https://voices.yahoo.com/a-modern-war-story-occultation-ghuleh-8617267.html

Seems to fit with the theme.

And this album as a whole is awesome.
If I seem superhuman, I have been misunderstood...

Offline Madman Shepherd

Last night in Philly was awesome, and they finally played Guleh/Zombie Queen  :metal
met papa before the show out of costume, was a nice guy.  you'd think they wouldnt draw attention to the fact that theyre the band, but he approached me and another guy and shook our hands, though he pretended he wasnt papa  :P

Wait, seriously?

Give us more details.  Did he say he was with the band or what?

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Yes, more details of your meeting with Tobias!!
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
They're known to mingle with the crowd out of costume, hell one night a year or two ago Tobias was pouring drinks at the bar
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:48:49 PM by Dark Castle »

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I swear I saw him at the MN show during Mastodon's set
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline a51502112

• Canada!

The following passage is in a random piece of fiction on Yahoo!:

Every night, my attention would be rapt on every detail as it poured from my father's true fear. "One of them", my father would say, "was called Iblis. God said for him to kiss Adam and Iblis said no. So God changed Iblis's name to Satan. Satan now has many children that are called the Ghul and the Ghuleh. Ghuleh still roam the earth and love to eat women and children. You never know who the Ghuleh is because they can change the way they look and hide right in front of you. Then, when you move your foot, it snatches and grabs your ankle and pulls you in to eat you slowly! That's why you never go into the desert. Ghuleh is waiting for you there."

https://voices.yahoo.com/a-modern-war-story-occultation-ghuleh-8617267.html

Seems to fit with the theme.

And this album as a whole is awesome.

Thanks. Wow, the guys in Ghost sure have done their research.

Offline tjanuranus

Ok Saw these guys in philly on sunday, just discovered them at the beginning of April. One of the best Rock shows i've seen. This band is ridiculously good. Honestly to me they are the best band in a long time. The potential this band has for a stellar career is off the charts. This is exactly what Rock music needs imo musically.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:13:18 PM by tjanuranus »

Offline countoftuscany42

Last night in Philly was awesome, and they finally played Guleh/Zombie Queen  :metal
met papa before the show out of costume, was a nice guy.  you'd think they wouldnt draw attention to the fact that theyre the band, but he approached me and another guy and shook our hands, though he pretended he wasnt papa  :P

Wait, seriously?

well, i was waiting behind the venue for a lot of the evening with this dude from Brazil I met there who had been following Ghost the last few dates of the tour, and he said their bus was parked a block or two away.  We saw the guys from Ides of Gemini load their stuff in, and then at some point we saw a group of guys coming all dressed in black with shades.  The brazilian pointed out who he was pretty sure was Papa (who he just kept calling Tobias, cause at this point everyone is pretty certain on that..) and as they walked up he actually approached us and shook our hands and said yeah we're the guys in the band.  Honestly I was surprised they'd admit it, I mean they could have been anyone.  But the brazilian asked if it was possible to get a picture with Papa, to which Tobias replied "well, he's not really here right now..." so he didn't admit to being Papa, but it was pretty implied.  Unfortunately they couldnt take a picture in costume cause apparently they only do stuff like that when theres an official press event.  After the show I went out back in the hopes they would come out in costume, but alas they had already changed and therefore wouldnt do any photos or signatures.  I don't blame them, but some of the people I was with seemed rather ticked.  But I didnt mind to much, helps them maintain the illusion, plus i already met him  :biggrin:

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods

Wait, seriously?

well, i was waiting behind the venue for a lot of the evening with this dude from Brazil I met there who had been following Ghost the last few dates of the tour, and he said their bus was parked a block or two away.  We saw the guys from Ides of Gemini load their stuff in, and then at some point we saw a group of guys coming all dressed in black with shades.  The brazilian pointed out who he was pretty sure was Papa (who he just kept calling Tobias, cause at this point everyone is pretty certain on that..) and as they walked up he actually approached us and shook our hands and said yeah we're the guys in the band.  Honestly I was surprised they'd admit it, I mean they could have been anyone.  But the brazilian asked if it was possible to get a picture with Papa, to which Tobias replied "well, he's not really here right now..." so he didn't admit to being Papa, but it was pretty implied.  Unfortunately they couldnt take a picture in costume cause apparently they only do stuff like that when theres an official press event.  After the show I went out back in the hopes they would come out in costume, but alas they had already changed and therefore wouldnt do any photos or signatures.  I don't blame them, but some of the people I was with seemed rather ticked.  But I didnt mind to much, helps them maintain the illusion, plus i already met him  :biggrin:

Thats funny. I think your friend worded his question wrong. Tobias response was really funny cause he isn't papa until he puts on the costume so technically papa wasn't there, yet.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Okaayy....sure why not?!

Ghost Phallos Mortuus Ritual Box Set – Phallus
https://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/ghost/official_ghost_phallus_phallos-mortuus-ritual-box-set_gits75.html

:lol :rollin

Okay, so the best part of this is in the description.

"THE SIZE OPTION GIVEN RELATES TO THE T SHIRT, NOT THE DILDO!"
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I found this interview with Two Nameless Ghouls (One I'm sure is Papa, judging from his voice and a few hints). Their voices aren't obscured either, which was kinda odd since they usually are. It's a good interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Al-K3pxxE
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline adace

Ghost cover Depeche Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzVZKhJoYa0&feature=player_embedded

Both the original and this cover are amazing.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Nice!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Woohoo....they just added a one-off show in NYC before Lollapalooza...on my motherfucking birthday!!
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: The Official Ghost / Ghost B.C Thread v. New Name, New Album, same awesome
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woE4lBE615I

Posted a few weeks back. Episode 1 of Papaganda.

Pretty funny. It was cool seeing Papa's mask without the make-up on it
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline krieger

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2013, 08:18:30 PM »
Last week I saw them opening for Iron Maiden. I'm enchanted... (or should I say - damned!).  :flame:

The show was great. Altough they are very theatrical, the songs are top notch. Very pleasant, some very creative harmonic lines, I must say.
"Likely or not, it's a dream that we keep
and at odds with our senses we'll climb
But if faith is the answer, we've already reached it
And if spirit's a sign then it's only a matter of time."

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
Ghost is finally releasing their EP of covers they did with Dave Grohl back before they recorded Infestissumam.

You can pre-order here: https://clergy.ghost-official.com
Then you get a free download of Secular Haze Live from a Brooklyn ritual

Here's the cover of Roky Erickson's If You Have Ghosts too that they released
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kNetd_lISI

Fun Fact: Dave Grohl has indeed performed onstage with them in costume.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Looking forward to this  :tup

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
It should be great!
And if you preorder, later you'll get presale info for their next tour. That's great news. And if anyone has watched the video I posted earlier, they already have ideas for Papa Emeritus III
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »
Meh.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »
Just got home after seeing Ghost live, first time seeing them. I have to say, that I consider myself a fairly casual Ghost-fan, I like both albums without being a crazy fan or something like that, but they were really awesome live. I like the albums, but live they were much better.

Papa is amazing. He has a fairly thin voice, but he compensates that with a lot of stage presence, and as soon as he entered the stage, the crowd was in his hands so to speak. Every little gesture or movement from him, and the crowd ate it up.  :lol

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
Just got home after seeing Ghost live, first time seeing them. I have to say, that I consider myself a fairly casual Ghost-fan, I like both albums without being a crazy fan or something like that, but they were really awesome live. I like the albums, but live they were much better.

Papa is amazing. He has a fairly thin voice, but he compensates that with a lot of stage presence, and as soon as he entered the stage, the crowd was in his hands so to speak. Every little gesture or movement from him, and the crowd ate it up.  :lol

When they stopped by here, people were yelling "hail satan", I agree they are amazing live.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2014, 11:48:27 AM »
Ghost Live in studio in Australia with Papa in his "street clothes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l2FEHr_Yzg
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
Pretty good...Papa looks great like that.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »
Pretty soon, we'll be getting Papa III, who they said might be younger.

I thought those performances were really cool. In a recent interview, a Ghoul (Papa in a normal ghoul mask) said the next album will be a normal progression from Infestissamum, and when asked if the next album will be orchestral, he said no, the fourth album will move in that direction.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
Ghost posted on Facebook that they're working on a 2015 release!
Let the hype train officially begin  :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2014, 11:20:16 AM »
Oh.  Yay?  :|
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2014, 11:21:42 AM »
Giving Infestissumam the first listen in awhile, this album is going to go down as one of my all time favorites. It's just as good as when I first listened if not gotten better.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »
Oh.  Yay?  :|
I mean, you don't have to post in the thread if you don't like the band. :lol