Author Topic: The Official Ghost Thread v. summer 2023 US tour  (Read 117927 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: The Official Ghost / Ghost B.C Thread v. New Name, New Album, same awesome
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:43 AM »
Haha..either way i enjoy their music.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Re: The Official Ghost / Ghost B.C Thread v. New Name, New Album, same awesome
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 09:00:28 AM »
How wonderfully ironic that Benedict XVI is now taking the title of Pope Emeritus"  :rollin
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Yes that is really the singer. It's not really a secret anymore, his name is Tobias and is pretty well known in Europe. It was some metal forum that looked into it. The other music he does is pretty far removed from Ghost's imagery

Anyways, if you casted a ballot for Papa Emeritus to be the next Pope, then you got to hear a new track, Year Zero. It sounds very different from other Ghost songs in my opinion. Kind of 80s sounding. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MHt0xbEk0A
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:18:15 AM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
A few tracks are on youtube and man does this stuff sound very different. There's been a soft rock ballad and a Deep Purple track. I'm really excited for this album.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
The new album has been delayed in the US after 4 CD pressing companies refused to press the CD with the artwork given to them. Too offensive. So April 16th it is.
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline philmcson

Listening to the new album. IMO it's even better than the debut! Especially regarding productions and variety. But, they still stick to what we're used to from the first effort. Some songs have an "emo" or even "pop" beginning where it makes me wonder whether this is Ghost, but then everyone joins in and yes, it IS Ghost, and a pretty powerful on. Don't be afraid, the album is a killer!  :tup

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Listening to the new album. IMO it's even better than the debut! Especially regarding productions and variety. But, they still stick to what we're used to from the first effort. Some songs have an "emo" or even "pop" beginning where it makes me wonder whether this is Ghost, but then everyone joins in and yes, it IS Ghost, and a pretty powerful on. Don't be afraid, the album is a killer!  :tup

Good to know.  I keep worrying that it will be a letdown, but that's not because the new tracks I've heard are lacking, but rather because the first album seems like such a "lightning in a bottle" moment that it would be damn near impossible to for the follow-up not to be a letdown by comparison.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
I've got to say I absolutely LOVE their cover of ABBA's 'I'm A Marionette'.
It fits them perfectly

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm on my first listen now of the new album. Sounds great so far :metal

I already said it today in another thread, but Year Zero is my favourite song so far this year.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
After 1 listen, I like it better than Opus. The songs have much more variety and are more daring, while keeping the obvious Ghost sound. And the poppy-ness will be a turn off for some I'm sure, but I think it's great.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Love it after the first listen, I'll listen to it a bit tonight, and on the way to work tomorrow, but it's very good.

Offline countoftuscany42

part of me wants to wait till the album drops to hear it in best quality, but i dont know if i can wait that long >_<

Offline philmcson

part of me wants to wait till the album drops to hear it in best quality, but i dont know if i can wait that long >_<

I'm listening to it right now in 320 kbps...... whaddaya want?  :o :)

And talking about album highlights..... the opening Infestissumam (or was it Infestissumnivarium?) + Per aspera ad inferi is such a kickass of a song!  :metal
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:21:48 PM by philmcson »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!

Call me a wuss, but since I have it pre-ordered I'm not going to grab it on the infinitesimal chance I get caught.  I can wait a few more weeks, I got over 900 other albums to keep me company.

Offline adace

Listening to it right now. Rules so far.

Edit: Just finished my first listen. Love it :metal So evil, yet so catchy!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:40:38 PM by adace »

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
New album is very cool. Papa Eremitus's vocals are utterly fantastic.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
The bits I've heard, it sounds more poppy this time around and a bit less sinister. I'm loving what I heard
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just listened to this for the first time after picking it up today.

I like it quite a lot, I think it has a lot of replay value, but I think it's just a tad too long.  That's what made the debut awesome for me, just the shortness of it, it just seemed to work well with the style.

There's some really awesome songs here.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
For me it wasn't as instantly great as the debut, it is more of a grower. But now I find it to be even better than the first one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I could tell on the first listen that it is definitely a grower.  It does indeed have potential to be better than the debut.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Surpasses the first by a long shot, and I love the first.
Ghulleh/Zombie Queen is my track of the year so far and Year Zero is up there as well.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
This new album is fucking amazing and I can't wait to see Ghost in a couple weeks. That show is going to be pure fucking evil.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Surpasses the first by a long shot, and I love the first.
Ghulleh/Zombie Queen is my track of the year so far and Year Zero is up there as well.

Those are my two favouriets as well. The only track I don't love so far is Idolatrine, but I'm sure it will click soon.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Going to see them this friday. No one but myself to see them, so why not. Its gonna be great.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I'm excited to hear it tomorrow.

I'm excited for the show in a few weeks too, but the crowd is gonna be interesting. Me and my dad were wondering how many fans realize the Satanic thing is a gimmick or those that take it seriously

Nothing can be worse than the Umphrey's McGee concert.  :lol
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
Listening right now. This might be even better than their first album!

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
I've made it through two passes so far.  I think I like it, though i'm really still trying to wrap my head around it.  It's not a compact 34 minutes of evil joy like OE, but I appreciate that they're diversefying a bit.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Oh my holy evil lord, Zombie Queen is wondeful..

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
It gets better and better each time. And yes, Zombie Queen is definitely my favorite Ghost song as of this writing.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
It gets better and better each time. And yes, Zombie Queen is definitely my favorite Ghost song as of this writing.
Pretty much this. Unless Red Fang, Rivers of Nihil, or The Ocean shit out utter perfection, this is my album of the year. Yes, even over Kvelertak.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
My copy arrives tomorrow :caffeine:

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Can't believe I have to go to a wedding on 5/11 (when they're in NYC).  I'm toying with the idea of heading to the Philly show the next night.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
I'm really digging it. I've listened to it quite a few times, I like Body and Blood, Zombie Queen. Even the title track is really great. The only song I can't get into is Idolatrine.

Depth of Satan's Eyes has the best lyric:
The swamp of feces
That is the world
Flatuates a whirlwind storm
in which you swirl

:lol

I can't rank it above their debut, but it's a killer record and shows progression. I didn't want Ritual Pt. 2 and I didn't get that, although apart from Jigolo Har Megiddo, there isn't really a song that has that vibe, which is far from a bad thing. Nick Rasca----- however you spell it, did a great job
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
It would have been so easy for them to just do another batch of songs like Opus and call it a day. Hell, they could have probably gone the rest of their careers doing that. I absolutely love that they're actually progressing as a band though, because it's extremely rare (especially now) for a band that relies heavily on a gimmick (even a good one) to do much else than write the same album 10 times. The first album was pretty cool, but having the new one to compare it to makes them both stronger. I'm really excited to see where else they take it.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Agreed. Even the band in an interview said they didn't want a repeat of Opus which is great to hear. I too am excited to see where they take it next. I'm also excited to see where they go next after this because they are on a very rapid rise
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen