Author Topic: The Official Ghost Thread v. Popestar tour info on page 11  (Read 47985 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: The Official Ghost Thread v. Popestar tour info on page 11
« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2018, 12:32:54 PM »
Looking a bit in the future.... I've heard an interview snippet with Tobias Forge talking about having for each album a Papa was becoming predictable, hence the introduction of the Cardinal to change things up, which they plan to keep around for 4-5 years as a character.

He hinted that there could be a change for him in the future, and that he has anyway the different eyes of the previous Papas.... and we all know in real life what's the next step for a cardinal, if he ever gets "promoted". I was thinkin that it would be cool if Cardinal Copia becomes a Papa (maybe a promotion after this tour cycle?), and they stage their own habemus papam to announce the new Pope, qui sibi nomen imposuit Emeritus IV most likely   :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Zydar

• Fenga papit
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »
Okay I take back what I said about the instrumentals before. Miasma kicks ass.

Online Mladen

« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2018, 09:56:42 AM »
Interesting train of though, MirrorMask. I'm very intrigued by what may follow and I'm trying to be very open-minded and not get attached to Cardinal Copia - after all, he's just a phase.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »

The sax solo in that song is absolutely perfect.  The song is just rocking out and then the sax comes in and makes it so much better.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Rest in Peace
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2018, 06:32:26 PM »

The sax solo in that song is absolutely perfect.  The song is just rocking out and then the sax comes in and makes it so much better.

Now see, on rare exceptions, I generally do not like brass in my rock music. So when I heard there was an instrumental (which I am usually not fond of either) with a sax solo, I was all...ughhhh. But damn if it doesn't work in Miasma. And somehow that's what Ghost does. They make everything they set out to do work.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
    • The Home of cramx3
« Reply #670 on: June 18, 2018, 08:28:58 PM »

Now see, on rare exceptions, I generally do not like brass in my rock music. So when I heard there was an instrumental (which I am usually not fond of either) with a sax solo, I was all...ughhhh. But damn if it doesn't work in Miasma. And somehow that's what Ghost does. They make everything they set out to do work.

I love it, and I love how they bring out the sax in the live show as well.   :metal

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2018
« Reply #671 on: July 11, 2018, 10:55:14 AM »
To continue talking about Miasma, there's one part that I can't stop rewinding back to after his happens. It's after the drum roll at the 2:58 mark and kicks into the chugging riff and that synth playing over it. I can't stop listening to it. The way I tried describing it to my dad is that it felt ethereal. It's dark yet beautiful and if that synth sound isn't there, the part just isn't as good.

"Keep your stick on the ice. I'm pulling for ya. Remember we're all in this together."
-Red Green