Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 331212 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
I have Triumph's DVD release of their set. Holy fuck that was a scene. Shame it only ran for 2 years.
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
I also have Judas Priest's and Quite Riots' set on DVD, plus a boot of the VH, which is on youtube anyway.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I also have Judas Priest's and Quite Riots' set on DVD, plus a boot of the VH, which is on youtube anyway.

Not one of VH's best performances - they were off their face before they even got going.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
So.....

I am having trouble connecting to Ronnie Romero's voice. I have the first Lords Of Black, and a live Rainbow album with him. I mean, he's excellent and all, but there's something just missing for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just reading the ticket prices for US Festival.  The three day pass was $37.50 and a single day pass was $17.50.

$17.50 to see Van Halen, Triumph, Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Ozzy, Crue and Priest!

I've seen parts of some of these shows and it sounded awesome, especially Priest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
That's crazy. No wonder they lost so much money! :lol

Offline Lowdz

So.....

I am having trouble connecting to Ronnie Romero's voice. I have the first Lords Of Black, and a live Rainbow album with him. I mean, he's excellent and all, but there's something just missing for me.

Not growlie enough for ya😉.

Might be the accent? I kind of know what you mean and Im the same with Ripper Owens hes also at risk of over exposure as he seems to be singing on everything at the moment.

Offline wolfking

So.....

I'm not a Lords of Black fan either but really like him in The Ferrymen.  Magnus influence though of course helps.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
if I want ice cream or a chocolate or a cake, I fucking have it
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?

Offline wolfking

It wasn't so much Ronnie the problem in Lords of Black, more just the songs in general did nothing for me.