Author Topic: The 2012 NFL Thread  (Read 284878 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: The 2012 NFL Thread
« Reply #4795 on: February 09, 2013, 03:23:00 AM »
I have determined that the Ravens are the best team in the NFL over the past five seasons. During that span, No one has more Super Bowl wins, their 9 playoffs wins are way more than the next best team, who has 5. On top of that, they are the only team to not only make the playoffs each of the last five years, but they've won at least one game each year.

Now if we go back 6 years, I have to give the nod to the Giants. Championships talk.

I'd still give it to the Ravens over that span, honestly.  They may not have as many championships, but they've been the most consistently great team over that stretch.
I agree.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #4796 on: February 09, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »
The Packers are definitely the best team ever though. Steelers and their "most Super Bowl wins=best team evar" nonsense really need to get a clue. Yes, 6 titles is awesome and definitely worth being proud of. You just don't need to warp context because you (Steelers homers) can't settle for being "one of the best."

Without a doubt.
I'm going to bring back my rating system for NFL teams and championships, maybe at the start of the next thread..  I've expanded it into 5 or 6 measurable values for the quality and quantity of championships earned.  I haven't updated it for the Ravens win (easy to do, just haven't opened it), but I believe the Packers, Cowboys, and Ravens all lead at least one of those values.  Packers were high in all categories last season, though, they do seem to have the best argument.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4797 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »
Looks like the Eagles were all bark and no bite about cutting Vick. Dogkiller is back, on a discount!
://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2013/02/11/michael-vick-one-year-contract/1909695/