Author Topic: Kids Bullying Kids  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Kids Bullying Kids
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
I'd like to add something to the "kids are attacked at all times of the day now". Maybe it isn't wise for parents to allow their children to free roam on the internet. My best bud's nephew has a facebook... and he's 10. There is no need for a child that young to have a facebook.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
I'd like to add something to the "kids are attacked at all times of the day now". Maybe it isn't wise for parents to allow their children to free roam on the internet. My best bud's nephew has a facebook... and he's 10. There is no need for a child that young to have a facebook.

Bingo.  Young kids shouldn't have facebook.  Isn't that against their policy anyways?  There must be an age restriction of some sort.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »

Bingo.  Young kids shouldn't have facebook.  Isn't that against their policy anyways?  There must be an age restriction of some sort.

Technically... Terms of service state you have to be 13.  And you're both absolutely right ... NO NEED AT ALL for someone that young to have FB.  My kids are 11, and will not be getting FB until at least teenage years, when they are closer enough to the maturity level to handle it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline PraXis

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
When I was a kid, you took care of things on the playground after school. Whatever the outcome, you'd go home and get a spanking by your parents and bullying was no longer an issue.

You do understand that your experience may not be typical.....relevant in todays world....or even normal and healthy, right?
I suspect you don't.
Do you expect a 11 year old girl that is being cyber bullied to "take care of things on the playground"? I don't expect my daughter to have to resort to violence to solve anything.
A child may not be physically inclined, or even able, to defend him or herself, much less "take care of things".  It could incite even more physical violence, and result in serious physical and emotional injury.

EDIT:  Just to be fair, are you just saying what your own personal experience was, or are you trying to say that is how things should be handled today as well?

Just personal experience. We didn't have FB back then. We actually went outside to play. If someone was bullying/being bullied there might be a quick altercation, but nothing serious. There weren't even that many instances. We were all (for the most part) well behaved... we had to be, or else get the spanking/belt from the parents.

What I feel parents SHOULD do (today) is absolutely restrict internet access (outside of educational materials) and computer time to their kids, especially social media garbage. Set the rules and discipline. Better yet, participate in their outdoor activities and education.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
When I was a kid, you took care of things on the playground after school. Whatever the outcome, you'd go home and get a spanking by your parents and bullying was no longer an issue.

You do understand that your experience may not be typical.....relevant in todays world....or even normal and healthy, right?
I suspect you don't.
Do you expect a 11 year old girl that is being cyber bullied to "take care of things on the playground"? I don't expect my daughter to have to resort to violence to solve anything.
A child may not be physically inclined, or even able, to defend him or herself, much less "take care of things".  It could incite even more physical violence, and result in serious physical and emotional injury.

EDIT:  Just to be fair, are you just saying what your own personal experience was, or are you trying to say that is how things should be handled today as well?

Just personal experience. We didn't have FB back then. We actually went outside to play. If someone was bullying/being bullied there might be a quick altercation, but nothing serious. There weren't even that many instances. We were all (for the most part) well behaved... we had to be, or else get the spanking/belt from the parents.

What I feel parents SHOULD do (today) is absolutely restrict internet access (outside of educational materials) and computer time to their kids, especially social media garbage. Set the rules and discipline. Better yet, participate in their outdoor activities and education.

That's exactly what I'm trying to get at.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »

I suspect you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU

Offline PraXis

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »

I suspect you don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU

True, although I'd use my AR-15 at 200 yards instead of my 45 at point blank. Nah, I wouldn't waste a laptop like that...maybe the latest Metallica CD though.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
PraXis, your postings on this forum are a HUGE reason I am now a handgun owner.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline PraXis

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
PraXis, your postings on this forum are a HUGE reason I am now a handgun owner.

How so?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
I have come to realize that there are a lot of nutty people out there like you that I may need to defend myself from if it ever truly hits the fan.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline PraXis

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »
I have come to realize that there are a lot of nutty people out there like you that I may need to defend myself from if it ever truly hits the fan.
lol

What makes me nutty? Unless you plan on trespassing onto my property or physically harming me, you have nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:13:24 AM by PraXis »