Author Topic: Halestorm - New Album: Into the Wild Life (April '15)  (Read 8648 times)

Offline PetFish

Re: Halestorm - Holy Freakin' God
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 01:56:31 AM »
I haven't bumped this for a while but this is worth the wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMKwP0mC_TY

Lzzy playing "Out Ta Get Me" with Slash.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:08 PM »

Offline PetFish

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
New video for I Miss the Misery!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpJAmlnBxoA

It's blocked almost everywhere but if you can view it or know how to get around the lockout then check it out!

Offline PetFish

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 03:26:21 AM »
It works everywhere now!  :)

Offline PetFish

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »
Tourdate video set to Rock Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbBOUbnJQ_g

Offline PetFish

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »
Halestorm will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight so check it out and get your pants blown off!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
Yeah I have been into Halestorm since the release of their first cd. they are indeed excellent. Not only is Lzzy a great vocalist, but Arejay is a monster on drums.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline PetFish

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »
Arejay is insane, man, but he also has the skill to back it up.  I met them in Seattle in November.  He crowd-surfed all over my face that I have a cool photo of.  Lzzy is freaking tiny.  Josh is absolutely an unsung hero in the live setting cuz he does so much.  Joe is solid on guitar.

I think what really got me hooked is their melodies.  I don't hear a lot of melodies in mainstream music these days... no hooks, no memorable anything, which is also why I love the new Bon Jovi song that just came out.

But to out-of-the-blue discover Halestorm was actually the greatest thing to happen to me last year in a time where almost nothing was going right for me.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWTev9zjPY&feature=youtu.be

Dunno why the lighting was so fail but good performance.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 04:51:34 AM »
Just found out my friends daughter is dating Arejay and was with him at the grammys...
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »
Sweet!

They won their Grammy!  Even if The Grammys aren't to be taken too seriously they still do a lot for artists even if they don't win but are at least nominated.

I thought Nuno did a great job on the Rihanna song even though nobody cares.  Very tasteful.

Too bad they don't televise the rock awards and instead decide to add yet another R&B award, the Best Urban Album, or something.  It's bad enough that they put Pop/Rock together, which is always won by a pop act anyway, but then they put hard rock/metal together and don't even televise it.  Then you have people eligible for multiple categories (ie. Pop and Country ie. Taylor Swift) which I think is dumb also.

They should just change the awards to The Poppys.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:34 AM »
It's okay they haven't televised the HR/heavy metal awards because IMO the decision to give Halestorm the award was just plain bullshit, sorry. If you just listen to the singles then Halestorm surely hasn't been nominated with the best one and I'm sure a lot of people will agree. Then, if we take it even a bit broader, what has Halestorm done for the history of rock? I just can't think of them as an influential band (OK, Lzzy appeared on AdMob's record, wow!) or as a pioneer regarding anything musically.

Take a look at the other bands:

Iron Maiden have already won a Grammy and don't really depend on awards, and they have sent a 13 year old song re-recorded on a live DVD, so okay.

Anthrax are amongst the Big 4 of thrash metal but imo the weakest link.....

Megadeth make okay music and are also part of the Big 4, but Mustaine has compromised himself and the band a bit too much with his recent political idiotisms so they shouldn't expect to win any major awards so soon.....

Marilyn Manson has certainly deserved some awards for being brutally honest and controversial but give him the Grammy and the oh so peaceful yet still war&capital-punishment-advocating religious right will go bonkers....

So, in my opinion they should have awarded Lamb of God, given the current circumstances and Randy's trial, that would have been such a huge support for him/them and we all know that LOG is the #1 of groove metal!

But none of this can't help you if haven't got boobs in the band  :facepalm:

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »
The Grammys are awarded for a lot of reasons-usually given to the safest, most conservative choice-but they're not given out so the Grammys can show support for a guy involved in a manslaughter trial overseas. Nor should they be.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:58 AM »
The song from Lamb of God is siq though.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 11:34:04 AM »
The Grammys are awarded for a lot of reasons-usually given to the safest, most conservative choice-but they're not given out so the Grammys can show support for a guy involved in a manslaughter trial overseas. Nor should they be.

In that case they should have awarded Maiden as they have sold the most records, which is often regarded as a conservative criterion of quality, isn't it? Why didn't they pull out LOG from the nominees then?
Anyway, give it to anyone but Halestorm and I'm okay. When I saw the nominees I was a bit surprised about Halestorm but never would I have seen them winning the Grammys.....  ???

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
Megadeth make okay music and are also part of the Big 4, but Mustaine has compromised himself and the band a bit too much with his recent political idiotisms so they shouldn't expect to win any major awards so soon.....

Marilyn Manson has certainly deserved some awards for being brutally honest and controversial but give him the Grammy and the oh so peaceful yet still war&capital-punishment-advocating religious right will go bonkers....

So you think Megadeth doesn't win because that would upset liberals, and Manson doesn't win because that would upset conservatives? :lol
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline philmcson

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »

So you think Megadeth doesn't win because that would upset liberals, and Manson doesn't win because that would upset conservatives? :lol

I'm not the only one here who assumed Grammys are given to the safest, most conservative choice ^ although I'd be fine with every other nominee than Halestorm....
OK, now I see Slayer has won two Grammys  ;D

Anyway, if someone explains to me what Halestorm, their song or their album makes more remarkable than the other nominees, tell me and I'll be fine with it! Took the time and listened to every nominated song and I was like

The three amigos from Maiden with a heartwarming song, MM not so special but in his own style, Anthrax doing what they can - honest thrash metal, Megadeth with an okay contribution and badass lyrics, Lamb of God as the pioneers of groove metal.... and they honor short skirt-fueled pop rock? Ermagehd.....  :censored

Oh, btw.....
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186178

Offline PetFish

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
Phil, can you not piss on this thread please, this is a positive Halestorm thread, not a Grammy debate thread or a sexism in rock thread.  Thanks.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 08:08:41 AM »
phil...we get it Halestorm is not your cup of tea.....I being a fogie who grew up on NWOBHM and the entire thrash scene would have love to see one of the others win, but I see nothing wrong with Halestorm winning either, its a hard rock/heavy metal category combined the grammy's don't differentiate between the two

PS love the song....reminds me of Skid Row ( Slave to the grind era)

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »
They released a covers EP with Slave to the Grind on it and they play it live all the time.  Check it out.  :)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2013, 06:01:00 AM »
So I've listened to a few songs and they were okay.  She's got a cool voice but the whole package isn't really appealing to me.  Certainly not deserving of a Grammy win, IMO, but then again the Grammys don't really pay attention to metal all that much, opting to ignore any and all new great bands coming out in favor of throwing a bone to all the older bands they've ignored in the past (in a world where every critic in the world raves about the new Baroness and Testament you'd think they'd at least give them a nomination). 

Then I looked at the wikipedia pages for them and their albums.  Jesus, how many secondary writers do they have?  Lizzy's on all the tracks but the other writers just come from all over. 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:51 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWTev9zjPY&feature=youtu.be

Dunno why the lighting was so fail but good performance.

Sexist comment alert- There are few things I find less sexy than a woman playing guitar. Just one of my pet hates. Lzzy does it for me but not with a guitar strapped on.
Got that off my chest.
As you were.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »
I like it all the more when Lzzy has a guitar strapped on. It shows she's a true musician and can sing and play. Not to mention she can really jam some great stuff on guitar!!
 I 'll have to agree with the original poster on this thread, Halestorm is the best new band that has hit the scene in a long time. Catchy exciting hooks yet still very rockin and melodic. evryone in the band is around the same level musically as well. No weak links.. :hat
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline PetFish

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXj2p5O0UCE

You know, say what you want about the Grammys, but when I see this kind of joy, amazement, and from-the-heart from ANY artist who wins one really makes me feel good and happy for them.

Halestorm did it the hard way.  The toured non-stop for years to finally get there and they actually EARNED their Grammy.  I thought Lzzy was gonna faint but you can just tell how much it meant to them all of them, but espcecially for Lzzy and Arejay.

But no thanks to the people in charge of the Grammys for completely ignoring, yet again, anything hard, heavy, or metal.  They just keep on disrespecting these genres year after year.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20:32 AM »
Decided to listen to them after looking up Lacuna Coil videos on Youtube. I saw they did some interesting covers, so I checked out Bad Romance....HOLY WOW!!!!! I then checked out Empire State of Mind....and another HOLY WOW!!!!!! she has an amazing voice that is up there, if not, higher than the top pop artists of female vocalists.

I then listened to their own songs...and its great hard rock that leans into metal. Looking forward to seeing them live as that is where they shine, and she is gonna blow away Avenged Sevenfold I think.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
I like them very much.  Lzzy is a great vocalist and Arejay is a good showmanship drummer.  I love their collaboration with James Michael in the song "Private Parts" (Listen to the song, it does not actually mean what you are thinking at 1st glance).

I'm very glad that they are the band that is going to be supporting Alter Bridge for this Europe tour in October/November.  I just hope that Lzzy and Myles sings a duet of some kind, in the near future.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
Her voice is so good. Love how she knows how to use a mic.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 12:27:29 PM »
Long-time bump, but anywho.  Here's some info on the new album, and they got the new single out.  The new album is called "Into The Widlife".

Track list:
1. Scream
2. I Am The Fire
3. Sick Individual
4. Amen
5. Dear Daughter
6. New Modern Love
7. Mayhem
8. Bad Girl’s World
9. Gonna Get Mine
10. The Reckoning
11. Apocalyptic
12. What Sober Couldn’t Say
13. I Like It Heavy

Bonus Tracks:
14. Jump The Gun
15. Unapologetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkC18ZPfb90

'Into the Wild Life’ is not a departure. It’s an invitation to all things Halestorm. Lyrically and musically we explored everything that makes us tick. We set a new standard for this record and gave ourselves no choice other than to be unapologetically ourselves in every way. Peel away at the onion that is our third record if you dare and let us drag you deeper into our world.

https://loudwire.com/halestorm-new-album-single-apocalyptic-2015-tour-the-pretty-reckless/

The single is all right.  To those that don't generally like their lyrics, this single will not make you think differently.  Like most things with them, however, I am cautiously excited for it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »
I heard them last week, but I honestly cannot tell the difference between them and The Pretty Reckless.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 02:14:52 PM »
The difference is Lzzy is a monster vocalist. Though I don't really care for much of their music.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2015, 02:36:14 PM »
Lzzy's voice is outrageously good. Definitely my favourite thing about the band, though they have some great songs as well.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
I recommend her vocal performance in. Bad Romance

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »
Female fronted Butt Rock.

Speaking of Butt Rock, anyone remember Device? Neither do I.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2015, 03:49:04 PM »
I recommend her vocal performance in. Bad Romance

Wait, is this a Lady Gaga cover? Must check out.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »
The difference is Lzzy is a monster vocalist. Though I don't really care for much of their music.

Taylor Momsen is no slouch either.  (Tayler, btw was little Cindy Lou in The Grinch)

I still can't tell the difference.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude