Author Topic: Trayvon Martin  (Read 47585 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: Trayvon Martin
« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
I saw this online today. Taken 3 minuted after Trayvon was shot, a neighbor snapped a photo of the back of Zimmerman's head. Pretty nasty. Could this be used against the claim that Trayvon was on the bottom? It definitely does show that his head was being hit on the ground
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »
It's one thing which goes towards corroborating his story, but proves nothing. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2012, 05:38:44 PM »
No doubt though, it must have hurt  :P
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline j

« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
Y'all seen this yet?  Quite a bit of interesting new info on Zimmerman.  Paints a picture that seems to cast doubt on the allegations of racism, at least.

https://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-prelude-shooting-194235114.html

-J

Offline PraXis

« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2012, 11:14:41 AM »
It's over. Trayvon was no angel, but the media decided to make it look like he was with an old picture of him. He was another thug wannabe casing a neighborhood. Zimmerman started following him, then backed off (but Trayvon noticed). Trayvon then confronted and attacked Zimmerman, and Zimmerman and shot him (the stand your ground law lets you use deadly force in self defense). Zimmerman had cuts and bruises, so it was justified (hence not being arrested).

He shouldn't have followed Trayvon initially (just report suspicious people to the cops and leave it at that), but Trayvon shouldn't have confronted him. That's why this trial will go nowhere. Then it turns out Zimmerman was a registered Democrat (against the media's entire narrative of a racist white Republican shooter, hell they edited the 911 tape!), and now Zimmerman, the hispanic (media calls him white) had a black relative.

I wonder if the black kids that beat up some white people, almost to the point of death, while shouting "for Trayvon!" will be tried for hate crimes. The media is helping the White House and DOJ stir up racial tensions for the upcoming election. It's blatantly obvious. It won't work though.. getting a fraction of 13% of the population to riot in a nation of so many law abiding gun owners is just going to end badly for the rioters.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
It looks like you've now moved from whacky, slightly paranoid eccentric right on into full blown delusional crazy person.  My condolences.  And tell Travis I said howdy. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »
Jeez, PrAxis.....  ::)

Offline PraXis

« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »
There's nothing crazy about suggesting the media is distorting the facts.  That's common place, and is something all of the outlets do to sell papers/increase viewership/obtain hits, etc.  Trying to connect it to a broader conspiracy to incite rioting to get dickhead Obama reelected is the work of a deranged mind. 

I agree with you more or less concerning the TW/GZ situation, but not everything is a god damned communist conspiracy.
E.F. Benson

Offline PraXis

« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »
I never said Obama is a commie, nor do I feel that way. He's a corporatist (follow the money).

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »
Zimmerman started following him, then backed off (but Trayvon noticed).

Unless something new came up, there's no evidence for the bold part. It's simply Zimmerman's testimony. I'd say the case does rest upon this, but it's ridiculous to not prosecute the person who shot someone because they said it was self-defense. Let's wait till the trial, and all the evidence, to make this decision.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
It's over. Trayvon was no angel, but the media decided to make it look like he was with an old picture of him. He was another thug wannabe casing a neighborhood. Zimmerman started following him, then backed off (but Trayvon noticed). Trayvon then confronted and attacked Zimmerman, and Zimmerman and shot him (the stand your ground law lets you use deadly force in self defense). Zimmerman had cuts and bruises, so it was justified (hence not being arrested).

He shouldn't have followed Trayvon initially (just report suspicious people to the cops and leave it at that), but Trayvon shouldn't have confronted him. That's why this trial will go nowhere. Then it turns out Zimmerman was a registered Democrat (against the media's entire narrative of a racist white Republican shooter, hell they edited the 911 tape!), and now Zimmerman, the hispanic (media calls him white) had a black relative.

I wonder if the black kids that beat up some white people, almost to the point of death, while shouting "for Trayvon!" will be tried for hate crimes. The media is helping the White House and DOJ stir up racial tensions for the upcoming election. It's blatantly obvious. It won't work though.. getting a fraction of 13% of the population to riot in a nation of so many law abiding gun owners is just going to end badly for the rioters.

How would racial riots help Obama get re-elected?